Men In Kilts Employee Reviews

Good money, good team, unreliable hours
Lead Window Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 September 2018
I got to have some fun working in a kilt, yes you where a kilt. The day starts meeting somewhere in town around 8am, you do a list of jobs put in your schedule and your done. Jobs range from window cleaning a tiny house for 30 mins to spending a entire day at on place doing gutters, windows and cleaning the siding. Pay is decent. They advertise 18 dollars an hour but that is not the truth. After your training period your wage goes down to 15 and you can earn production after that. Two of the biggest set backs for me was: The hours are very unreliable. You know that you start around 8 every day, but you have no idea what time your getting home until part way through that day. Second, Men in Kilt believes that they can give you work and not pay you for it. Let me explain. Once I became a lead tech they expected me to wash towels and log both mine and my coworker hours and production after the day, and they did not pay me for my time. Though it is not a huge time sucker, a company that wants you to work for free is a hard company to work for.
Pros
Good Pay, Unique Experience
Cons
Unreliable Hours
Best job I've ever had
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2018
Who knew putting on a kilt everyday would be so rewarding? Men In Kilts Calgary is a great team with genuine management and employees. The leadership team is amazing at recognizing and supporting everyone-quite remarkable in an organization this size.

There is a good growth culture where everyone can function almost as their own business unit(the more you put in, the more rewarding it is, the higher you can go etc). Yet you never feel isolated because everyone is working together to mutually advance. I think this plus respect for employees and work/life balance makes execution of projects very good. The market in Southern AB recognizes us as the best!

It's a phenomenal business case study in action every day. In a difficult sector with low margins and high turnover on all fronts, MIK has succeeded in achieving solidity, engaged staff and continuous improvement.
Pros
amazing brand recognition, work/life balance, great team and leaders
Cons
winter is tough(no layoffs but snow clearing is not as profitable as building cleaning)
Absolutely LOVED working there!
Window Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2018
I worked there for 6 months and only left because I left Alberta! I loved working with them! They treat their employees with utmost respect and treat them like family rather than "Employee numbers"!

I really love their upbeat nature, high positive attitude and atmosphere when learning/advancing in the company!

I would highly recommend anyone work for them - so long as they aren't afraid of heights! lol

If I ever return to Alberta, I would definitely apply to get my job back!
Pros
Company vehicles/gas card once earned, health benefits after probation period, very friendly staff
Cons
Paid commission rather than hourly so if you are slow or traffic is bad, you make less. You have to plan your routes carefully in order to have less travel time.
The way a company should be run.
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2018
I feel like I gush about my job every single day; this is something I have never experienced before and hold close to my heart. I have never felt more supported, encouraged, trusted and excited about a position in my life. The owners and management practice what they preach in regard to their core values and welcome you into a company culture that truly does feel like a family. There is genuine sincerity when they say that they want to see you grow with the company. My entire experience has been and continues to be one of the most unique and valuable thus far. I can’t wait to see what the future holds with Men in Kilts.
Pros
Get to work with amazing people
Cons
I honestly can't think of one thing
Competetive and awesome company!
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2017
Ive been with this awesome company for more than 3 years now and I couldn’t be more happier of what i become since i joined the company,i can say that they help me grow and achieve all my endeavors here in canada,im very pleased with all the staff specially my managers and the owners they always give all the support and motivation i need in able for me to succeed.i cant wait to grow more with flying colors here in men in kilts.
Pros
Meeting different people everyday..
Cons
Not much
Great company Fun and Friendly Workplace, Awesome people!!!
Lead Trainer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2017
Started in this company 3 years ago with only few ideas in mind what to expect, all I know is they wear kilt and clean windows. But, beyond my expectation this company has lot to offer professionally and personally. Management is always been great to support me since the first day I started working in this company, awesome and fun colleagues and everyday is a different challenges, but most of all I love the attentions and the smiles we bring to the world.
Best company I have ever work for!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2017
I have worked for Men In Kilts for 10 years and it's been an amazing experience so far. I've grown, along with the company.

Everyday presents a challenge, which is what keeps the job interesting. Management has been great through out the years, very supportive, and definitely do not treat you like a number, but like an individual.

Everyone is very dedicated, and very awesome to work with. Working with a bunch of individuals that are of like mind, makes work enjoyable, and gives you a sense of accomplishment.
Great company
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 September 2017
Very promising. Lots of great people around. Very supportive.have a great opportunity to earn good salary. To sum it up its a good place to learn alot of stuff
Fun and engaging brand with great service and quality people
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2017
I have worked for Men In Kilts for 15+ years and it's been an amazing experience so far. I've grown, just as much as the company has.

This is a company that has done a fantastic job promoting from within and branching out across North America. The brand is fun and friendly and it's amazing the interactions you have just simply walking around in a kilt.

The work is challenging but you get back what you put in. There is plenty of support and training to help you get to where you want.

The people hired are exceptional, as you need to be while wearing a kilt.
Pros
People who are passionate, focused on integrity, gumption and growth.
Cons
Not many
Got a job I love!
Marketing and Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2017
My job is extremely busy but that's partly why I love my job!

A typical day at work involves lots of emails, communication, teamwork, planning, and implementation. I thrive in a fast paced environment.

I enjoy all the work I do and find it interesting, challenging and satisfactory.

The marketing team and all the employees in Franchise Services are exceptional, hardworking and supportive.

My boss is also supportive, realistic, intelligent and assists me in getting the job done.

I learn new things every day and enjoy working with people from all over North America.
Pros
An amazing brand with a lot of potential
Cons
A lot of work to do!
Non descriptive expectations.
Franchise Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 November 2016
It's one thing to be hired for the responsibilities you are excepted to accomplish. It's another to be put into the fire to accomplish tasks that are completely out of your wheel house. This is a company with small dreams and a vision that is unrealistic. The business plan and the amount of money poured into the growth of the operation is miscalculated, spending 10% on marketing to achieve an overall growth of 12.8%. Overhead extremely high and the services are to vast to condense into a profitable Franchise.
Pros
Good marketing.
Cons
Poor software
Amazing Place to work with lots of room for learning
Business Development/Maketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary22 September 2016
Men In Kilts is an amazing place to work at. Everybody knows each other and there is a great mix of fun and professionalism. The management team is always approachable and encouraging. Everyone has great work ethic and sense of personal responsibility for their role and teamwork, right from the technicians to the owner. I love the fact that they are supportive of local communities and charities and all the events that come along with the role. People go out of their way to help out a co-worker. When you work with people that genuinely enjoy their job,take pride in their work and wearKilts while at it, it's hard not to love your job!
Lots of Staff events, everyone has fun
Lawn Care Lead Tech (Mobile) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2016
Days are busy with lots of work & you get to work outdoors!
Customers LOVE seeing the crew members wearing Kilts. The Men wearing the Kilts LOVE wearing them!
Management is very hands on & highly involved in the work just as much as the rest of the team.
Community-minded company that treats their employees like family
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2016
Incredible company to work for, I doubt there is a single person on this team who has ever been made to feel like just a "number". Management is encouraging, honest, fair, and fun.
Men In Kilts is a community of like-minded, amazing people who work hard and have a positive attitude - I love being a part of this team!
Productive and fun workplace with great people
Dispatch Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2016
My work day is never boring working in dispatch there is always something new to handle everyday. There are a few challenges that do arise in my position like when a technician is sick you have to make sure the customer they had are still taken care of on that day. Also you have to make sure they have all the right equipment they need before stating there day. My co-workers are fun and supportive and will help out in anyway they can.
Fun, exciting family enivornment
Accounts Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2016
Great place to work! Co-workers/management can make or break a job and they definitely make it at Men In Kilts! Everyone is caring, fun, and make coming to work fun. Everyone treats eachother like a family and not another numbered emplyee.
Pros
great people, fun, exciting
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
This is an Awesome Place to Work! Great People!!!
Work Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2016
I worked at this company for over 15 years. I really loved working for Men in Kilts. Everyone loves the brand, so you attract attention everywhere you go. I loved saying I work there because they built a great reputation in Calgary and people would always tell me "I love that company! Do they really wear Kilts?". I also feel like the people who work there also make this place great. There are people who have been there 10+ years and there are new people as well. You aren't just another number to this company, they make it feel like family. Check them out. You won't regret it!
Pros
Health Spending Account and Porfit Sharing!
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
It's all about how you mesh with your work family
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alberta6 April 2016
Considering you spend more time with the people you work with than people you live with, Men in Kilts provides a fun, thriving, competitive family environment. I have never worked anywhere and felt this level of kinship as I do with the people here at Men in Kilts. From the technicians to the office staff, to management and higher. they all really care about us, and it is so obvious that the owners/CEO truly care about the happiness of their employees, from the little things to the big things.
Pros
people, pay, brand, environment, profit sharing
Cons
Health spending account as opposed to benifits.
Exciting and fun company to work for
Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ab29 March 2016
Everyday comes with new and exciting challenges. Working from heights and interacting with customers while being outside in the sun. Quality management team and an amazing dispatch agent made me feel welcome and provided structure without micromanagement. i enjoyed the freedom to run my own truck and work in the area of town I live in. Other technicians were friendly and knowledgable helping with safety training and absorbed me into the culture of the company
Pros
Opportunity to grow in the company, everyday is different so the job is never boring, days go quickly
Cons
Work hours are unpredictable especially at the height of the busy season (may-July), winter work is slow
Great place where hard work and Initiative is rewarded
Lead Trainer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2016
People who have a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit will thrive here. In the Calgary franchise there is a great sense of camaraderie amongst the team, strong support from the management and a focus on development and growth into new opportunities.

It can be difficult to strike a balance between personal and work as the hours can be long, and the work can be difficult. However, their pay structure rewards that and allows those that work the hardest to make a significant wage. The guys in the field bringing in the money are the best paid positions in the company!
Pros
Strong teambuilding, Great pay, Opportunity for growth.
Cons
Long hours, Weak benefits package, Busy to slow schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Men In Kilts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6