Memory Express

• Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Co-Workers are great

The co-workers are great and the Pay is amazing if you work for it. Overall I loved the job, but management, both local and cooperate, would make baffling choices at times. If you're looking for a commission sales job, and you love tech, it can be a great choice, but don't expect to be able to advance in the company.

Pros

Co-workers, pay

Cons

management, long hours, stressful

Positive environment

I've been at Memory Express for over 2 and a half years now, and I've always been impressed at how the majority of the ownership and management team across the company try to do the best they can for both the customers and the employees. Most employees work on a 4 day on, 3 day off schedule which is great for work life balance, and salary and benefits are amazing for a job of this level. The job is fun and usually a positive experience, especially if you like computers and/or customer service. I've been through quite a few different managers and groups of employees, and my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive.The job is usually relatively straightforward. It can be very busy during peak seasons, but I've never found it overwhelming or unpleasant because of that. Responsibilities are well-distributed between the different departments, so the workload is balanced and always manageable.

Pros

3 day weekends, relaxed workload that allows freedom

Cons

Standing all day, commission can be spotty in slow seasons

I miss working here

MemX was one of the best jobs I've ever had. I left the job a few years ago, and I still wish I could go back even as a part-time employee. What makes this company awesome is the employees, managers and the culture they create. If you're a nerd, or excited about technology and the advancements in place. You will fit right in.

Pros

Good team, good culture, great managers

Cons

The owner sometimes watches the cameras

Great management, horribly owned

Management is generally good. Staff are mostly fun people however there are some extreme stragglers employed. Ownership is completely oblivious to how things work on the ground level and almost require a level of boot-licking in order to garner their favour. Almost always employees are required to do completely unrelated tasks (in relation to their employment position) to keep their internal value at a comfortable level.

Cons

Long hours if you are in sales.

It is a Great place with passionate people

Overall the Memory express culture is pretty good. Full of nerdy and fun employees who for many of them are living life by talking about there hobby. The wages are fair for what is asked of the employees for the most part. The management team is flexible and the stores all run a little differently. Customer experience is the big focus of this company which is something that is very important. The downside to this company is the lack of advancement or Raises to match inflation. A raise is unlikely to happen ever. Career advancement is extremely limited. The position you start in is probably the position you will also finish in for most people. If you are okay with that small problem then it is a great place to work for any tech enthusiast

Pros

fun place to work

Cons

no career advancment

Great work environment

Loved working for Memory Express was probably my favorite job. In a typical day you can be doing a number of things mainly customer based stuff, but you can end up starting the day off helping with a cable sale and moving directly to selling a laptop minutes after. Its a fast paced environment that keeps you on your toes. Lots of fun the people there are amazing and I will call many of them friends for life. The hardest part of the job in my opinion was honestly dealing with customers and knowing that anything that you say can be interpreted in a million different ways so you have to be clear and concise without being offensive and at times that is a very big challenge. All in all you learn patience and empathy from doing a job like this. Still probably my new #1 favorite place to work.

Pros

Great People, High compensation, Good Hours

Cons

Stressfull

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memory Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement