Memory Express

Canada20 reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

Co-Workers are great

The co-workers are great and the Pay is amazing if you work for it. Overall I loved the job, but management, both local and cooperate, would make baffling choices at times. If you're looking for a commission sales job, and you love tech, it can be a great choice, but don't expect to be able to advance in the company.

Pros

Co-workers, pay

Cons

management, long hours, stressful

Easy going, but can be stressed job

Pretty good, but not the best. Your experience will be determined by the manager of your store essentially. It's chill until its not so get ready for a lot of rushing around or doing nothing.

Insights into Memory Express

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Positive environment

I've been at Memory Express for over 2 and a half years now, and I've always been impressed at how the majority of the ownership and management team across the company try to do the best they can for both the customers and the employees. Most employees work on a 4 day on, 3 day off schedule which is great for work life balance, and salary and benefits are amazing for a job of this level. The job is fun and usually a positive experience, especially if you like computers and/or customer service. I've been through quite a few different managers and groups of employees, and my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive.The job is usually relatively straightforward. It can be very busy during peak seasons, but I've never found it overwhelming or unpleasant because of that. Responsibilities are well-distributed between the different departments, so the workload is balanced and always manageable.

Pros

3 day weekends, relaxed workload that allows freedom

Cons

Standing all day, commission can be spotty in slow seasons

It is a Great place with passionate people

Overall the Memory express culture is pretty good. Full of nerdy and fun employees who for many of them are living life by talking about there hobby. The wages are fair for what is asked of the employees for the most part. The management team is flexible and the stores all run a little differently. Customer experience is the big focus of this company which is something that is very important. The downside to this company is the lack of advancement or Raises to match inflation. A raise is unlikely to happen ever. Career advancement is extremely limited. The position you start in is probably the position you will also finish in for most people. If you are okay with that small problem then it is a great place to work for any tech enthusiast

Pros

fun place to work

Cons

no career advancment

Company not pay for extra time

I worked for a year with this company and did an extra half hour a day, didn't get paid for it nor did I get to bank the time. However when I had to take some time for medical reasons, I was docked pay to the time miss and the extra half hour I worked was not taken in to consideration. Another thing was when I was laid off I didn't get any severance pay, they told me pay was 2 weeks in advance. Never seen a company pay someone in advance of the time worked. If I knew what I know now, Memory Express would have been taken to the labour board.

Pros

see new products

Cons

work extra hours

Great place to work/ Great Benifits

Can be hectic .Know your stuff and learn about all things in store. Staff and management are great . Great pay and benefits. Customers can be a bit on the i know everything side.

Great work environment

Loved working for Memory Express was probably my favorite job. In a typical day you can be doing a number of things mainly customer based stuff, but you can end up starting the day off helping with a cable sale and moving directly to selling a laptop minutes after. Its a fast paced environment that keeps you on your toes. Lots of fun the people there are amazing and I will call many of them friends for life. The hardest part of the job in my opinion was honestly dealing with customers and knowing that anything that you say can be interpreted in a million different ways so you have to be clear and concise without being offensive and at times that is a very big challenge. All in all you learn patience and empathy from doing a job like this. Still probably my new #1 favorite place to work.

Pros

Great People, High compensation, Good Hours

Cons

Stressfull

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memory Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement