Memory Express

Memory Express Management reviews

Canada20 reviews

Clear

Co-Workers are great

The co-workers are great and the Pay is amazing if you work for it. Overall I loved the job, but management, both local and cooperate, would make baffling choices at times. If you're looking for a commission sales job, and you love tech, it can be a great choice, but don't expect to be able to advance in the company.

Pros

Co-workers, pay

Cons

management, long hours, stressful

USED to be good until management change

I used to enjoy working here but as staff changes it all went downhill. Management are good buddies with the higher ups so whatever you say has no meaning. There is literately no culture in this store. Favouritism is extremely high and bias which is the reason why I was let go. If you're looking to work here I'd go the other branches besides this one. Definitely not family oriented.

Pros

Drinks/Snacks

Insights into Memory Express

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Positive environment

I've been at Memory Express for over 2 and a half years now, and I've always been impressed at how the majority of the ownership and management team across the company try to do the best they can for both the customers and the employees. Most employees work on a 4 day on, 3 day off schedule which is great for work life balance, and salary and benefits are amazing for a job of this level. The job is fun and usually a positive experience, especially if you like computers and/or customer service. I've been through quite a few different managers and groups of employees, and my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive.The job is usually relatively straightforward. It can be very busy during peak seasons, but I've never found it overwhelming or unpleasant because of that. Responsibilities are well-distributed between the different departments, so the workload is balanced and always manageable.

Pros

3 day weekends, relaxed workload that allows freedom

Cons

Standing all day, commission can be spotty in slow seasons

Poor management and bad performing staff.

The worst part is the management encourages the staff to fight against each other. It kills the productivity and morale within the company. I'm glad that I have left and found a better job elsewhere.

Memory Express was an honour to work for

I wanted a life changing experience from the intense office work I was used to as well as decades of aggressive outdoor labour on the rails, in the oilfield, operating heavy equipment in harsh environments, etc. I applied to Memory Express as I was a network specialist, a hardware technician and software specialist in my youth. I wanted to revisit my passion. Memory Express gave me a chance (although out of my current element at that time). I had a blast working for them. It was a fun, nice environment and the management was incredible. The ONLY issue was mine, not M.E.'s The pay was lower than what I was used to. As far as retail goes, Memory Express is from what I learned and experienced, the best business a retail-minded person could work. Greatest work experience of my life. I still shop there and stop-in to see my old co-workers from time to time.

Pros

Product knowledge courses constantly offered and up-to-date, company-proprietary perks, great team mentality, help available to grow within the company, advancement opportunities, and much more

Cons

None, other than retail doesn't pay that much to begin with. That is the field though, not Memeory Express's issue. M.E. is VERY generous with pay.

Great management, horribly owned

Management is generally good. Staff are mostly fun people however there are some extreme stragglers employed. Ownership is completely oblivious to how things work on the ground level and almost require a level of boot-licking in order to garner their favour. Almost always employees are required to do completely unrelated tasks (in relation to their employment position) to keep their internal value at a comfortable level.

Cons

Long hours if you are in sales.

Productive and a Team effort.

Connecting to customers through email and phone calls. Providing customers with solutions for there IT needs. We were infused to provide the customers with the best customer service we could provide. From starting with a Happy Hello to start and ending with helping the customer out with there products. Management was the best, allowed the whole sales team to work in one direction and providing the best customer service. The workplace culture is mixed with gamers, hardware enthusiast, software and network specialists that all come together to make a great company team.

Pros

Free Swag from Venders

It is a Great place with passionate people

Overall the Memory express culture is pretty good. Full of nerdy and fun employees who for many of them are living life by talking about there hobby. The wages are fair for what is asked of the employees for the most part. The management team is flexible and the stores all run a little differently. Customer experience is the big focus of this company which is something that is very important. The downside to this company is the lack of advancement or Raises to match inflation. A raise is unlikely to happen ever. Career advancement is extremely limited. The position you start in is probably the position you will also finish in for most people. If you are okay with that small problem then it is a great place to work for any tech enthusiast

Pros

fun place to work

Cons

no career advancment

If your into computers and tech this the place to be.

Been working with memory express for over 3 years now and ive always loved setting up computers and anything that has do with it like,games , hardware and software.And all i can say is im very happy and satisfied with the company , the culture the management , and being paid well to go with it is icing on the cake.

Pros

Manager and owner are very approachable.

Cons

No sports life. Just games.

Great place to work/ Great Benifits

Can be hectic .Know your stuff and learn about all things in store. Staff and management are great . Great pay and benefits. Customers can be a bit on the i know everything side.

Great for retail

Enjoyed the people, the management, and the coworkers. However, closure occurred, so 5 stars for job security isn't possible. There was a lot of freedom to do what was necessary when it comes to solutions. That was more of a localized thing, I don't think the other stores shared the same freedoms.

Pros

Good schedule

Cons

The crazies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memory Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement