Memory Express

Memory Express Culture reviews

Canada20 reviews

Clear

I miss working here

MemX was one of the best jobs I've ever had. I left the job a few years ago, and I still wish I could go back even as a part-time employee. What makes this company awesome is the employees, managers and the culture they create. If you're a nerd, or excited about technology and the advancements in place. You will fit right in.

Pros

Good team, good culture, great managers

Cons

The owner sometimes watches the cameras

USED to be good until management change

I used to enjoy working here but as staff changes it all went downhill. Management are good buddies with the higher ups so whatever you say has no meaning. There is literately no culture in this store. Favouritism is extremely high and bias which is the reason why I was let go. If you're looking to work here I'd go the other branches besides this one. Definitely not family oriented.

Pros

Drinks/Snacks

Insights into Memory Express

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Fun

Good university, great students. Flexible schedule. Good workplace environment. People are passionate and willing to build strong relationships with one antoher.

Productive and fun environment.

Managers and coworkers all have incredible attention to detail, and are friendly and enjoyable. I learned about how to streamline activities for the greatest amount of efficiency.

Productive and a Team effort.

Connecting to customers through email and phone calls. Providing customers with solutions for there IT needs. We were infused to provide the customers with the best customer service we could provide. From starting with a Happy Hello to start and ending with helping the customer out with there products. Management was the best, allowed the whole sales team to work in one direction and providing the best customer service. The workplace culture is mixed with gamers, hardware enthusiast, software and network specialists that all come together to make a great company team.

Pros

Free Swag from Venders

It is a Great place with passionate people

Overall the Memory express culture is pretty good. Full of nerdy and fun employees who for many of them are living life by talking about there hobby. The wages are fair for what is asked of the employees for the most part. The management team is flexible and the stores all run a little differently. Customer experience is the big focus of this company which is something that is very important. The downside to this company is the lack of advancement or Raises to match inflation. A raise is unlikely to happen ever. Career advancement is extremely limited. The position you start in is probably the position you will also finish in for most people. If you are okay with that small problem then it is a great place to work for any tech enthusiast

Pros

fun place to work

Cons

no career advancment

If your into computers and tech this the place to be.

Been working with memory express for over 3 years now and ive always loved setting up computers and anything that has do with it like,games , hardware and software.And all i can say is im very happy and satisfied with the company , the culture the management , and being paid well to go with it is icing on the cake.

Pros

Manager and owner are very approachable.

Cons

No sports life. Just games.

Great place to work/ Great Benifits

Can be hectic .Know your stuff and learn about all things in store. Staff and management are great . Great pay and benefits. Customers can be a bit on the i know everything side.

Great Knowledgeable staff and friendly customers.

A typical day involved a lot of consulting and helping customers with custom builds. Restocking was also one of our main focuses. On down time I would usually learn more about the new and upcoming products. Everyday was a learning experience as many people has much different needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memory Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement