Memory Express Employee Reviews

Poor management and bad performing staff.
NA (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 October 2019
The worst part is the management encourages the staff to fight against each other. It kills the productivity and morale within the company. I'm glad that I have left and found a better job elsewhere.
Fun
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2019
Good university, great students. Flexible schedule. Good workplace environment. People are passionate and willing to build strong relationships with one antoher.
Productive and fun environment.
Customer Service And Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2019
Managers and coworkers all have incredible attention to detail, and are friendly and enjoyable. I learned about how to streamline activities for the greatest amount of efficiency.
Memory Express was an honour to work for
Customer Service & Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2018
I wanted a life changing experience from the intense office work I was used to as well as decades of aggressive outdoor labour on the rails, in the oilfield, operating heavy equipment in harsh environments, etc. I applied to Memory Express as I was a network specialist, a hardware technician and software specialist in my youth. I wanted to revisit my passion.

Memory Express gave me a chance (although out of my current element at that time). I had a blast working for them. It was a fun, nice environment and the management was incredible. The ONLY issue was mine, not M.E.'s The pay was lower than what I was used to.

As far as retail goes, Memory Express is from what I learned and experienced, the best business a retail-minded person could work. Greatest work experience of my life. I still shop there and stop-in to see my old co-workers from time to time.
Pros
Product knowledge courses constantly offered and up-to-date, company-proprietary perks, great team mentality, help available to grow within the company, advancement opportunities, and much more
Cons
None, other than retail doesn't pay that much to begin with. That is the field though, not Memeory Express's issue. M.E. is VERY generous with pay.
Productive and a Team effort.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2018
Connecting to customers through email and phone calls. Providing customers with solutions for there IT needs.

We were infused to provide the customers with the best customer service we could provide. From starting with a Happy Hello to start and ending with helping the customer out with there products.

Management was the best, allowed the whole sales team to work in one direction and providing the best customer service.

The workplace culture is mixed with gamers, hardware enthusiast, software and network specialists that all come together to make a great company team.
Pros
Free Swag from Venders
It is a Great place with passionate people
Employee (Current Employee) –  AB5 September 2018
Overall the Memory express culture is pretty good. Full of nerdy and fun employees who for many of them are living life by talking about there hobby.
The wages are fair for what is asked of the employees for the most part.
The management team is flexible and the stores all run a little differently.
Customer experience is the big focus of this company which is something that is very important.
The downside to this company is the lack of advancement or Raises to match inflation. A raise is unlikely to happen ever. Career advancement is extremely limited. The position you start in is probably the position you will also finish in for most people.

If you are okay with that small problem then it is a great place to work for any tech enthusiast
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
no career advancment
If your into computers and tech this the place to be.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alberta13 August 2018
Been working with memory express for over 3 years now and ive always loved setting up computers and anything that has do with it like,games , hardware and software.And all i can say is im very happy and satisfied with the company , the culture the management , and being paid well to go with it is icing on the cake.
Pros
Manager and owner are very approachable.
Cons
No sports life. Just games.
Best computer shop in Canada
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2018
There really is no better place to shop or work. These guys go above and beyond with service and offer a comprehensive warranty that will blow you away.
Pros
Price match even online competitors
Cons
Stores are only located in west coast canada
Company not pay for extra time
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2018
I worked for a year with this company and did an extra half hour a day, didn't get paid for it nor did I get to bank the time. However when I had to take some time for medical reasons, I was docked pay to the time miss and the extra half hour I worked was not taken in to consideration. Another thing was when I was laid off I didn't get any severance pay, they told me pay was 2 weeks in advance. Never seen a company pay someone in advance of the time worked. If I knew what I know now, Memory Express would have been taken to the labour board.
Pros
see new products
Cons
work extra hours
Great place to work/ Great Benifits
IT Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2017
Can be hectic .Know your stuff and learn about all things in store. Staff and management are great . Great pay and benefits. Customers can be a bit on the i know everything side.
Great for retail
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2017
Enjoyed the people, the management, and the coworkers. However, closure occurred, so 5 stars for job security isn't possible.

There was a lot of freedom to do what was necessary when it comes to solutions. That was more of a localized thing, I don't think the other stores shared the same freedoms.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
The crazies
Great Knowledgeable staff and friendly customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2017
A typical day involved a lot of consulting and helping customers with custom builds. Restocking was also one of our main focuses. On down time I would usually learn more about the new and upcoming products. Everyday was a learning experience as many people has much different needs.
Productive and fun work place as a sales
Computer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 May 2016
I am a sales in the computer company. During the day, I met lots of customers. They came to the store and buy different kinds of computer products. I explained very detail to the customers about their needs and concerns. I really enjoy the time with my co-workers. We all have the same goal. I love the way I interact with the customers. From them, I learned something that I have missed out and missed understand about technology and related products.
Great work environment
Commisioned Sales Representitive (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2016
Loved working for Memory Express was probably my favorite job. In a typical day you can be doing a number of things mainly customer based stuff, but you can end up starting the day off helping with a cable sale and moving directly to selling a laptop minutes after. Its a fast paced environment that keeps you on your toes. Lots of fun the people there are amazing and I will call many of them friends for life. The hardest part of the job in my opinion was honestly dealing with customers and knowing that anything that you say can be interpreted in a million different ways so you have to be clear and concise without being offensive and at times that is a very big challenge. All in all you learn patience and empathy from doing a job like this. Still probably my new #1 favorite place to work.
Pros
Great People, High compensation, Good Hours
Cons
Stressfull

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memory Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Memory Express Reviews by Location