Memorial University of Newfoundland
Memorial University of Newfoundland Employee Review

Decent place to work

13 March 2019
Clerk Good place to work. Some staff take advantage of days off... arrive when they feel like it leaving others to bear the extra load without extra compensation. All depts are not like this but some are. Ive also worked in other depts that increase your salary as per policy if you do a higher positions work. Managers, Directors and all senior should treat all employees equal. Job security doesnt exist for contractual employees. They cant stir the pot.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Co workers are great mostly
Cons
No security
25 February 2019
Intermediate Clerk Stenorapher II (Current Employee) - St. John's, NL
Fantastic place to work. IL work on front desk and am working with 28 co-workers plus 52 faculty members and they are wonderful people to deal with. We have a lot of socials and with a lot of interaction with people. We have sessions to better our selves personally as well as professionally
Pros
Sessions and training available.
5 September 2018
Senior Clerk (Current Employee) - St. John's, NL
Typical day - checking emails/mail, processing claims, etc I learned a lot in my 10 years here For the most part management is awesome. The best part of the job is meeting new people, learning new things - everyday there's something new.
24 October 2017
Senior Clerk (Current Employee) - St. John's, NL
I have worked here since 2009. I have been working customer service on the front desk. The working morale is wonderful, uplifting and motivating. I book rooms for conferences, seminars and teaching spaces for the school of medicine. I assist those with technology.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Technology