Memorial University of Newfoundland

Memorial University of Newfoundland Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

Teaching Assistant14 reviews
Canada14 reviews
Very good place to work and enjoy your time. As a Teaching Assistant in the memorial university, you have the chance of being in contact with great professors in your area of study.
A great place to study and work, diversity inclusion and professionalism is minimum standard. Maintains good work life through organizing various social activities. Great place to be
I have learnt to be careful of any details and never give up making the work perfect. The hardest part of the job is you never know if the topic you chose is correct or not. After several months' experiments, you may find out the topic is wrong and you have to start over from the very beginning. However, the challenge also cultured me to be a hard-working person.
The pay is great and the routine as a TA is very flexible. You have a date to deliver the activities, so you can do at your own pace. The load and responsibilities depend on the professor.
At memorial it provided a comfortable learning environment to gain my education and provide with the opportunity to give back by teaching, and becoming a professional researcher in my field of statistics
Profs were easy going and laid back. I was required to answer students' questions during lab sessions and helped demonstrate concepts and techniques. Enjoyed partaking in field trips.
Great school and cost effective tuitions. Many room to grow and keep expanding. They work hard to help students for their successful academic life and future.
A typical day of work consisted of setting up experiments for the lab. I developed good language skills towards instructing first-year students basic courses in Biology. Management is terrible in this place, the science building is collapsing and seems to be a very bureaucratic place to make an impact to Newfoundlanders. Co-workers are good, in my area all of us young and enthusiastic. The hardest part of the job is not getting paid enough, compared to other major Universities in Canada MUN, pay grades are low. The must enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility.
Pros
Good environment to work
Cons
Bureaucracy
Many big companies and job offers on different areas. Everyone can communicate with any company staff if you are interested. Well oganized and environemt is also good.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Memorial University of Newfoundland?
• Supervise students during exams/tests • Performing laboratory demonstration • Ensure safety guidelines are followed. • Evalute student work and maintain student record
It was a great opportunity to work for Memorial University. Everyday I learned new things and developed my skills. I made great friends over there and it was a pleasure getting to know those nice people.
good job with good people, excellent location and employees are treated well
At Memorial University, I enhanced my technical and research skills, nut more importantly, I honed my soft skills by attending different professional programs, workshops and working as a Teaching Assistance.
It was an opportunity to teach physics and math to undergraduates, and it was in return to the graduate fellowship I received. I learned teaching aand lab demo skills. Management was very helpful. Team work was amazing. When I see my students succeed, that's the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
teaching skills learned
Cons
low stipend