Memorial University of Newfoundland

Memorial University of Newfoundland Employee Reviews for Stenographer

Stenographer5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
enjoyable place to work, very helpful staff and faculty. management was extremely easy to work with and there was never issues when tasks needed to be clarified.
I am on front desk greeting students, co-workers, faculty. I have done some training on different programs: Visio, Sitebuilder. I do a lot of documentation in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. My boss is fantastic to work for. I do a lot of arranging of hosting for various conferences, workshops etc. The most enjoyable part of my day is communicating with people.
Pros
Training Sessions
Cons
its a great place to start off. there is room for movement with in the university, but it can be hard to get the experience to move around if you dont ask for the training sessions.
I worked in accounts receivable. I learned so much about accounting and learned many software applications. I enjoyed my work environment and co-workers. Contacting clients regarding overdue payments was the hardest.
Pros
Great learning experience for my career future
Cons
Collecting overdue payments
I work from 7:30 to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. I enjoy my work very much. Everyday I am learning new things and meeting new people.

Our office setting consists of approximately 50 people. The only employees are myself and my supervisor. The other 48 co-workers consist of undergraduate and graduate tutors who are hired for tutoring their peers with their papers.

I thoroughly enjoy working with everyone in the office. It's a wonderful place to work.
Pros
the people are wonderful to work with
Cons
i have no complaints whatsoever