Memorial University of Newfoundland Employee Reviews in St. John's, NL

Great Environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 April 2019
Helpful, They provide great environment for work. Specially for the students. They provide part time and full time jobs both administrative and hourly. Pays good.
Productive work place with supportive associates
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 April 2019
Memorial University is a perfect academic place for studying with informative associates and high-standard management. Colleagues are protective and work environment is proper and productive.
Work with professors
Research Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 April 2019
Researching data for university professors.
Usually, scrapping metadata and trim those into a decent excel file.
It was very nice to communicate with professors.
Excellent
Biology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 March 2019
This is a very professional environment, people are polite and honest. I have had a wonderful time working here and I really enjoyed my time.
I highly recommend people to work here.
A good position for student
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 March 2019
I am a research and teaching assistant in mechanical engineering, doing design, experiment and writing papers, providing help for students. I like my current position.
Wonderful place to work
Secretary, (secondment) (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 February 2019
Did a secondment there for 1 1/2 years to try a change. It was a nice experience, wonderful people to work with. My job consisted of arranging a lot of meetings, travel arrangements etc.
Pros
Nice place to work
Lots of opportunities
Intermediate Clerk Stenographer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 February 2019
I am on front desk greeting students, co-workers, faculty. I have done some training on different programs: Visio, Sitebuilder. I do a lot of documentation in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. My boss is fantastic to work for. I do a lot of arranging of hosting for various conferences, workshops etc. The most enjoyable part of my day is communicating with people.
Pros
Training Sessions
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Intermediate Clerk Stenorapher II (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 February 2019
Fantastic place to work. IL work on front desk and am working with 28 co-workers plus 52 faculty members and they are wonderful people to deal with. We have a lot of socials and with a lot of interaction with people. We have sessions to better our selves personally as well as professionally
Pros
Sessions and training available.
Cons
I am a ful time international student here with study permit
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 February 2019
Memorial university is a very good university. Faculties are knowledgeable, helpful, and resource materials are available in library. It's an ideal place for study.
Great Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 January 2019
Quiet location. Expensive live in the city; cheap accommodation. Boring and cold city. Friendly workplace. No consideration for life responsibilities.
Fun volunteer experience
Volunteering-Coats (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 December 2018
The volunteer opportunity I got with Mun was a program called Coats for kids. A typical day according to my scheduled time was no less than three hours of sorting coats. Management was sociable and helpful. The hardest part of the job was sorting through about a thousand donated coats, scarves, mittens and shoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the community bus run where we took the coats in a metro bus to different communities
Productive and interesting place to work
Intermediate Secretary (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 October 2018
The Leslie Harris Centre is a great place to work, you are always in the loop on current events and happenings. Great interacting with the public and helping in matters that affect people and their communities. Everyone works great as a team.
Fun place, very productive, no day is the same.
Internship (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 October 2018
I worked for a brief 8 weeks with Memorial University within Facilities Management building for my internship.
The job was absolutely outstanding, and the people I worked for were the best of the bunch.
I had a lot of different tasks, which allowed me to extend my understanding of Human Resources and learn first hand the different situations you can find yourself in within the field.
I was also given the great opportunity to attend meetings, interviews, and orientation days so that I could learn more, gain experience, and apply my own knowledge.
The staff were always funny, approachable, and kind to me, and accepted me as a part of the team. Anyone to work for them would be nothing less than lucky.
Pros
Fabulous staff, and great hands on experience.
Cons
Only lasted 8 weeks!!
It's a great place to work
Senior Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 September 2018
Typical day - checking emails/mail, processing claims, etc
I learned a lot in my 10 years here
For the most part management is awesome.
The best part of the job is meeting new people, learning new things - everyday there's something new.
Great place to study!!!
Oil and Gas MEng Candidate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 July 2018
Excellent people and environment! The professors are very good and willing to help at all times! There are plenty of projects to work on it will only depend on the individual!
productive and interesting workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 July 2018
I have learnt to be careful of any details and never give up making the work perfect. The hardest part of the job is you never know if the topic you chose is correct or not. After several months' experiments, you may find out the topic is wrong and you have to start over from the very beginning. However, the challenge also cultured me to be a hard-working person.
good place to work
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 June 2018
• Conducted formal & informal inspections, snapshot audits, behavioural observations and completed the required paperwork associated with each
• Reviewed Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) & Safe Work Practices as submitted by contractors
• Developed safety bulletins and alerts
• Conducted formal and informal lab safety inspections
• Identified equipment and policy improvements to comply with legislation
• Conducted fire inspections and drills to comply with fire regulations
• Developed a report on asbestos-contaminating materials for building occupants
Good
Intermediate Clerk Stenographer (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 June 2018
its a great place to start off. there is room for movement with in the university, but it can be hard to get the experience to move around if you dont ask for the training sessions.
awesome
Student Union Election Coordinator - Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 June 2018
i didnt not emnjoy it at all. do not recomnd it at all
managers are not there and it is not the best place to be. i will work again there if the locations was a bit different
Overall working for MUN is great, but not perfect
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 May 2018
Overall working for MUN is ok, but not perfect and there are lots of very different positions within the university. MUN is one of the larger employers in NL and their HR department seems understaffed for the demand. Benefits are satisfactory. Compensation leaves something to be desired.