Meinhardt Fine Foods Employee Reviews

Great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 May 2019
Working there i realized that customer service is not only to say "Hello, how are you doing today?". If the costumer has a question in some product, we must have to show where the product is. Because they believed that in the next time, the costumer will remember and won't request again. In a workplace related a questions that you have, they don't have any worry about answering. I learned that Cashier is not always to be in the Till. You must know every item in the store to be prepared for the customer's questions.
Pros
Excellent workplace
Cons
Not applied to my Co-Op in Business Communication course.
I couldn't do anything good enough for my supervisor
Gift Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 April 2019
Felt ridiculed by supervisor any time there was communication. I just couldn't work good enough to her satisfaction. A couple of times it was really embarrassing because she would get angry at me and yell at me in front of co-workers. I felt very hurt about it. Really felt bad I couldn't please her and just tried to avoid asking her any work related question because I always got a rude answer. It didn't seem to phase the co-workers one bit about how she treated me. It was a special job for Christmas season that I was so excited to do because of Christmas but it sure brought me down low every day I was there.
Maximum work for minimum pay
Cashier/Grocery Clerk/Deli Clerk/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 December 2018
As with any "for profit" business everything is about money. As with any employee I like to be compensated accordingly. There is no offer of a retaining wage, the work is not the problem.
Fun envoirnment
Head Grocer/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver5 February 2013
Its a great place to self motivate because you need to be able to think quick due to the many deliveries we are given each day to unload
Productive and fun atmosphere, small town vibe, down to earth local customers, excellent management team
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 July 2012
My co-workers are very friendly, obliging and courteous. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people every day and learning about different cultures in Canada. Also, I love learning about different aspects of the work culture in Canada. I like how it is fast-paced also. I like to keep busy all the time.
Pros
rewards for sales promotions/prizes for staff competitions
Cons
shift work, part-time. i would like to find full-time work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meinhardt Fine Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Meinhardt Fine Foods Reviews by Location