MeeT Restaurants

MeeT Restaurants Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews

Fast paced fun people

Fun coworkers but doesn’t pay enough for the amount of people you serve. Very faced paced and good management, overall liked my time here it was fun in the moment

Great staff and fun environment

Everyone is nice and cares about each other including owners. Great tips when it comes busy season but people burn out every day. It brings employees to get bonded though.

Pros

Free meal, great tips

Cons

They don’t keep giving a raise unless you move up to the management

Insights into MeeT Restaurants

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Not a very good work place. Stay Away!!!

If i were you guys i would stay far away from this place, it is not as inclusive as they say they are, when i was working no one would ever talk to me and they would always also talk in there own langauge never in english. The training was horrible, never got shown how to do anything right, prob the worst training experience i ever had. The only good thing i would say is you get a free staff meal when you work, other than that worst place i have ever worked.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Horrible training and false advertising.

Was hopeful but disappointed

I did not feel as though I was respected as an employee nor did I feel that I received the training I needed to be successful in my job. Communication was unfortunately not effective and work/life balance was not respected. Overall I feel as though management could do better in providing an environment where staff feels supported and prepared to complete the tasks needed to do the job. Also, the management could improve by implementing a training program prior to hiring new employees.

Pros

Gym benefits free food

Cons

communication training management

Best employer I've ever had!

MeeT has a great, fun, positive culture. They do a great job at hiring people because everyone gets along so well. The Managers are driven and supportive. There's lots of opportunity for advancement and is growing. The food is SO good and there's a free meal on every shift, there's a lot of other great benefits as well, especially if you're interested in growing with the company.

Pros

GREAT staff, great Managers, fun environment, individuality is celebrated, growth opportunities, treated like family

Best workplace I ever had

MeeT Yaletown is really a GREAT place to work, there u have opportunity to grow and learn new things. Everyone is soooo lovely, friendly, inclusive and good at theirs job.

Great staff and great customers

Such an amazing company to work for. They treat their staff right! Great people, benefits, and lots of room to grow. Been with the company for about two years and they are fantastic.

Excellent work environment for all types of individuals

I worked at meet as a line cook, assistant kitchen manager, and kitchen manager. I enjoyed all my roles in this restaurant. The company is LGBTTTQQIAA++ friendly. Helped individuals grow within the company. They have work events like picnics, work prom, & work parties. A typical day at work is setting up your line for service and the rest of the day goes by pretty fast until you are finished. The most enjoyable part of the job is spending it with amazing people that share similar values and are very accepting of everyone. The hardest part of the job as a manager is finding work-life balance as it's such a busy restaurant and there are times when it demanded more of your time but all is worth it because staff was generally happy and the customers kept coming back. I would work for MeeT Restaurant again if i was in the city.

Pros

free food if you are boh, work events, close knit staff memebers, busy

Cons

days can be long, busy

fun workplace, don't expect to get rich

Fun place to work, but not a place to make money. Shifts were short during the day, sometimes not starting at all Co workers were all fun and easy to get along with Management were approachable and understanding, as well as flexible Free meal with every shift- the food was good Great staff perks and felt like a family.

Pros

free meal with every shift, fun colleagues

Cons

short shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MeeT Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement