MEDSLEEP

MEDSLEEP Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Not much growth opportunities available. Not competitive compensation and no benefits given to employees and not much to learn to expand knowledge....
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours and no benefits
I didn't actually work here. I went through the training (unpaid) process but they never called me back or explained to me why I wasn't hired. I was so excited to have finally found a job related to my degree. I asked a lot of questions during my training and was extremely attentive. Every time I asked something the lab technician would reply with "you will learn that later". Such a waste of my time, not to mention it's overnight which takes a lot out of your body and is bad for your system. The place was not clean and had ancient equipment. This was the Yonge & Steeles location. Don't work here it absolute not fun. Thinking back, I'm glad I wasn't hired but I did not get payed for the training (which is against the law).
The Managers make themselves available to you - which is great.
Location is great as it is not far from home.

Really nice people to work with who make the job fun.
People working here are all geeks. Obsessed with the study of sleep. Don't know how that's even possible but they are. Supervisor thinks she knows it all and has self proclaimed sociopathic tendencies.
Awful pay, awful company, no security, no code of ethics, extremely sexist and misogynistic. They will hardly train you and won't do anything for your safety. You are stuck alone with patients who will degrade and bully you. You will never get paid enough for what you do. Run away. Anything is better than this job and company.
No job is better than job at Medsleep I think. Lowest wedge paid, No benefits or increment ever. And No job security you may be fired anytime without any reason. Worst equipments and very less amount of supply if you request or make any complain about epuipments or supply then you can think you're done for the job.
Seems as if they are trying to find recent graduate students to take advantage of by starting them off at 14$ an hour.
It is contract based; meaning if you’d need to leave it will cost thousands of dollars. (I believe 4000).

Employers don’t seem to acknowledge the potential recent graduates would have to bring to the company but instead see that recent graduates would be the most willing to settle for unjust payment despite qualifications.
Cons
Overnight
It was a good place to work over all. i would work there again. i just did not like the long nights and working on my own some nights. all in all a good place to work
I have been at MedSleep for quite awhile now. Never have I known a company to support and care for its' employees, like MedSleep does. Management, Supervisors and fellow Colleagues celebrate personal and professional accomplishments and milestones.

I genuinely look forward to coming into work.
Pros
Great colleagues, supervisors and management
Cons
I greatly enjoy working for MedSleep. Management is very kind and approachable as well as staff and physicians, I look forward to coming to work each day! and enjoy being part of a facility that helps prevent further illness by treating Sleep Apnea. A great place to work!
All staff are approachable and professional. I work solo in Carleton Place as an admin but I never feel alone as management or team members from another locations are always just a call or email away.
I began working for MedSleep right after I completed my BA in Psychology. It was a great opportunity for me to explore my interest in psych as well as develop my interpersonal skills. This job definitely helped me to become a more outgoing person as it involves a lot of people interaction-both with patients and doctors. The clinic environment was always a pleasure to work in-each day offered something new and interesting to learn, and the days never felt routine or boring.

I worked for this company for almost three years and I would definitely reccomend it to anyone. My manager was a great source of support, and the doctors and my coworkers were all a pleasure to work with. If you’re looking for an energetic, friendly, and interesting work environment, then MedSleep is the company for you!
I greatly enjoyed my time working at MedSleep. It functions as a family organization eventhough it underwent large expansion over the past several years which is nice to have. Growth opportunities are always available for people that are interested, motivated and hard working; the company is fair so if you expect growth without any motivation to do so, you won't get it. The management is always willing to promote from within and provide training opportunities.
Pros
Family atmosphere, rewarding work, see the difference you make.
Cons
The clinic that I worked at became a part of Medsleep. At first impression it felt like a hostile take over which I believe is a normal reaction for most people who are comfortable with how things are currently run. Then a new ownership comes and slowly make some adjustments to what you are used to. Changes sucks I know but a part of life.

If you actually give the company the time so that you can get to know how they run their clinics and how they do things; you will actually find that they are fair and just. There is a lot of here about Medsleep but you should check it out for yourself and be the judge of that.

As for me. I am quite happy and content and thankful that I have a career and a job with Medsleep which helps provide for my family. Thank you Medsleep for giving me the opportunity to be part of this great team.
Pros
There are opportunities in the company (all you have to do is ask)
Cons
The only thing I can say that sucks is having to work during long weekends
This is an incredible place to work, especially if you work well with a team! Whether you are a clinician or an administrative assistant, you are an equal part of the team who’s opinions and ideas will be taken seriously and be appreciated. The whole team is incredibly hardworking and passionate about what they do. Not only is the manager extremely dedicated, she is also the most caring and companionate person I have ever met. Staff and patients are genuinely cared for and it is such a positive inviroment for everyone! Overall, a fantastic place to work.
Terrible experience. Lots going head office in Toronto doesn't know about. Head office & local manger don't care about staff-only sales.
If you bring your concerns or office issues to manger or head office, consider yourself done. They'll get rid of you or they make your work life so bad you quit.

Lots of turnover in staff at the Dartmouth location.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
manager's pets don't work, everyone else does the real work, no benefits, staff can be very rude
Whatever you do don’t apply here even if your desperate for a job.
Management sucks, you can’t call in sick take a day off in the first 6 months even though you have nothing waiting for you like no benefits no packages nothing just run far far away from this company
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no benefits, no breaks, don’t get paid much. For such little pay you do so much more. Management sucks no growth, your binded to 18 months contract or Else you pay literally pay them back money.
The best part about working for MedSleep is the AWESOME management team who are always there for you by consistently providing outstanding support. Work is relaxed and fun with a focus on a healthy work/life balance. The staff and physicians are wonderful to work with and feel more like family than co-workers. You're fairly compensated for your efforts with bonuses and quarterly recognition awards being given out to staff who excel in their role. There's also a company wide focus on learning and they provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. Sleep is an up-and-coming industry and with MedSleep as the Canadian leader, there will be plenty of work in the future.
Pros
Management Team, Professional Development, Staff Support, Bonuses & Awards, Work/Life Balance
Everyone I worked with taught me new and interesting things. I was taught to wash sleep machines and got patients files and packages ready for new patients. I made calls to patients to remind them of their upcoming appointments and greeted clients as they entered the office. I made mail runs and also set up the patients rooms which meant emptying garbages, making the bed, changing the sheets, etc. I made sure the office was always cleaned and also helped out with the other employees when needed. I loved working at MedSleep it had flexible hours and I met great people.