Medpace Employee Reviews

Not worth working for this company.
CRA II/ CTM Mentee & Training (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX14 May 2018
This is a terrible company to work for. There is a large degree of nepotism, and work place ethical violations. The company does not pay well, the benefits are terrible and Managment is probably the worst. The company culture is horrible.
So Bad, It's Horrible CRA Experience
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH9 April 2018
Medpace has a good CRA training program to train entry level CRAs. It has nice buildings but it is not a CRA friendly company.
Its managers know only Medpace's way.
There are no many clinical trial projects available in Medpace.
Medpace is completely company interest centered. The company micromanages every CRA and monitors or keeps eyes on CRAs’ performance so closely that your line manager will access your email account and constantly reviews your emails. On one hand, CRAs are not valued and may be laid off frequently and even significant number of CRAs were laid off right before bonus distribution. On the other hand, if you want to leave the company you are required to inform the company one month in advance otherwise you will lose your unused vacation time etc. When hiring, a CRA is required to sign a non-competition agreement to not take any CRA position from a competitor---which means you may be not allowed to leave there and then work as a CRA for another CRO or sponsor.
Pros
Cons
No many projects available, low pay, employees are not valued, unfair non-competition agreement, no job security
HORRIBLE place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH4 April 2018
ZERO job security. Poor pay, no PTO for Part time, management was non existent in our department, training was by "word of mouth". STAY AWAY and chose a company that will appreciate all your hard work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
zero job security
Stay Away!
Project Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH13 March 2018
Medpace promoted the Clinical Research Project Coordinator position at an information session on their main campus. A couple weeks later, since I did not apply for the position, their HR tracked me down on LinkedIn and offered me enough money for me to apply for the position. Within a week of starting I was placed on a very large study and was expected to complete tasks in which I was not trained nor given training on how to complete. They expected everything to be done ASAP and would not give me a laptop to work at home or to type up minutes during meetings. Even though I put 60+ hours in every weeks on salary for 40 they expected at least 80 hours of work. If you show any ability at all, or even if you don't, they will pile on the studies until the work consumes you, Work/life balance was awful! Within 6 months they brought me in a room where my direct manager and two HR people read a memo stating my last day of employment walked me out the building. Unless you want to work 80 hours a week for half pay, stay away!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Extremely overworked, little training, awful work/life balance
Clean,and safe enviroment.
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH9 March 2018
Clean, well diversed setting, and safe working enviroment. Allowed to work at own pace and and overtime is always a option.I have learned that work performance requires a team approach.
Pros
Free beverages.
Cons
The trash taken out daily can be extremely heavy, nevertheless that is part of the job responsibility.
Intern's Perspective
Chemical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH5 March 2018
From the bottom of the company looking up, I would recommend Medpace. My review is meager because of my small role at the company. Spoke with the CEO in the hallway briefly and he was very polite and intelligent.
Awesome place to work
Sr. Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  London1 March 2018
I had the freedom to work at my own pace.we were only a few CRA's working out of the country office and my line manager was awesome, line of communication was very informal which was great for me.
Mixed work environment
Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH23 February 2018
Everything started out great at Medpace with all of the cool perks (Salad bar, gym, flex time). It is a very friendly environment. After working there for a while your pay starts to make you feel undervalued. The company doesn't care if you stay or not so they pay you very little, and your work starts to build up.
Pros
Free lunch, Gym, Flex Time
Cons
Pay is terrible
Sad
Strategic Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH2 February 2018
Great place to work but horrible benefits! I love my job and the people I work with . I will miss them, but it's time to move on. Plus, we are overworked and underpaid
Great place to learn and grow
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH12 January 2018
Medpace was a great place to work. My co-workers were always willing to help and my manager was fantastic. I didn’t feel like I was micro-managed in anyway. My manager made it clear that his goal was to help develop me as an HR Generalist and set aside time biweekly to achieve this. If I didn’t have to unexpectedly relocate, I believe I would have been with this company for a very long time.
Pros
Free lunches, onsite gym, laid back environment
Clinical Research Associate
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  France10 November 2017
Medpace is a place ok to work for short term. But it's almost impossible to have promotions and bonuses. Salaries are low, with no benefits. The upper management is inflexible, you can be fired at any time for no reasons, it creates difficult environment to work to. Not a place for a long term career.
Pros
ok to do training as junior
Cons
salaries low, no bonuses, very difficult to get promotions.
Deceitful from the start
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH30 September 2017
They hired a ton of CRAs, telling us that we would be done with training in 6 months and then would be regularly traveling and assigned to studies. I've worked there over a year and none of that was true. Training lasted almost 9 months and I still have not been assigned a study. They use CRAs as interns, giving us small boring tasks that were meant for interns to do. It doesn't help that they fire the CRAs like crazy and for little to no reason.
Pros
free lunches, drinks, gym
Cons
Bad upper management, deceitful, fear-stricken work place
The manger was very nasty and rude in Texas
CRA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX27 September 2017
Few in from the east cost to Texas for an interview. The interviewing manger was nasty and rude. She was not very welcoming and even if I was offered and position I would not stay with that company. Very cut throat company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
OK - but not a fun work environment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 August 2017
I know work isn't all laughs and fun, but this place is really depressing. Work wise the job is easy to do and can be demanding at times but nothing you can't handle. The other aspect of the office environment is very isolating, people aren't very friendly and you are more less thrown into the deep end. It's a very 'cliquey' type of place to work and being quite a personable individual I did find it hard to 'fit in' and get along. Most of the time I just put my head down and got on with it, but it's not very good for work morale or clock watching the whole day.
Free Lunch, cold salad
Accountant (Accounts (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH23 August 2017
Good work life balance, managers are friend but geared toward the good ole boys club. Felt like the company kept secrets, was not inclusive to women, geared more toward hiring of friends.
Pros
401K, Free Lunch, New Building
Cons
Far Drive, Bad Neighborhood
Very busy, stressful environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH30 July 2017
once given assignments, you are thrown into things without a lot of direction and everything is expected to be done yesterday. Overall the people try to be helpful and everyone is pretty nice. The expectations are really high, which is fine but there needs to be a better training program for the project coordinators. The work load between various positions seems to be very unbalanced. There are people who are sitting around not doing much while other people are working 12 hour days.
Pros
free lunch, gym on site, food trucks on site regularly
Cons
too much work for not enough people
Stay Away
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH19 July 2017
If you have common sense, do not apply for any position at Medpace! They have no work-life balance and offer a very low pay. Do your research before you accept any offer!
Great workplace for students who are pursuing a degree.
Intern in the Clinical Pharmacology Unit (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH9 July 2017
A typical work day consists of many different tasks, I learned how to best manage my time in the CPU. I perform vital signs and feed the volunteers meals during the day. I have learned better ways to interact with people during my time at Medpace. There is a lot of days where we have down time, however some days can be very hectic where we barely get a break. I really enjoy the people I work with and the volunteers who participate in the studies.
Pros
Free lunch during the week, staff
Cons
Mandatory 30 minute breaks
Great place to start your career
Statistical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH11 June 2017
Medpace is a great place to work if you are early in your career. They are expanding rapidly and are willing to offer frequent raises and promotions to keep you. But the pay starts off at the very low end of what you might expect, so even with frequent pay increases, it still takes several years to get up into the range of what you are worth. As a result, there tends to be high turnover in some departments as people leave for better paying positions elsewhere. However, the people are nice, and more than willing to teach you and mentor you as you learn and develop new skills. They have some issues with insufficient number of parking spots to keep up with all of the new hires, and we are rearranging cubicles every few months to accommodate the new folks, but they are in the process of constructing a new building with more parking and more office space, so hopefully these are temporary issues. They have an on-site cafeteria with free lunch offered every day and an on-site gym available to anyone who wants to use it. There are also weekly fitness classes (Zumba, yoga, etc) for employees.
Pros
Free Lunch, fitness center, friendly people
Cons
401k matching doesn't vest until you've been there 3 years, no work-from-home option
Some bells and whistles, but just another CRO
Senior Clinical Trial Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH27 April 2017
The much-touted firewall between the project teams and the bean counters does not insulate the staff from budget concerns, but it does make resource planning nearly non-existent. If you show any ability, you'll find yourself over-assigned - rapidly. Baiting and switching in proposals is rampant. To leave, you'll have to go back to the clinic, because the no-compete is tough.

Don't burn any bridges to come to Medpace.
Pros
Free Salad, great gym, nice office, lovely cars in the visitor's spaces
Cons
no working from home, entrenched, senior management with no incentive to improve

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medpace. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5