MediPharm Labs Inc

MediPharm Labs Inc Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews

Fast-paced, unforgiving workplace

I worked her for over a year and loved the first year tremendously. Amazing manager and co-workers, many talented people with exceptional skills. Then the direction and goals of the company were unclear and changed frequently. Not much time available to properly plan a new product launch, things were just slapped together at times under immense pressure. In the last half year, many people were let go and the company was restructure with based on who was most popular or had the loudest voice. Many talented people were let go because of selfish senior leaders trying to climb the corporate ladder. Not enough resources to do proper and thorough work. HR appeared helpful but had little actual power to do anything and there was a lot of gossip and low morale in general.

Pros

High salaries

Cons

Crazy expectations, not rewards, raises or promotions for doing a great job

No job security restructured three times in 19 months

No job security saw a lot of good people go. Don’t let your guard down. You give your all and it wasn’t enough. This time I was in the restructuring and lost my position through no fault of my own.Upper echelon doesn’t care it’s all about the dollars.

Pros

Not many.

Cons

Always walking on egg shells because you see good people let go all the time.

Could have been so much better

The higher ups promised a lot and the workers delivered a lot. Even management was good, supportive and kind and understanding. But when the stocks didnt reflect that upper management gutted this place. Was really fun at first, really productive and turned into the average, low pay, high turnover workplace. I hope a lot of hope for this place and so did lots of other people involved there. Too bad upper management got greedy.

Cons

Pay cuts, long hours, no upward movement

Great cultured organization with lots of opportunity

I thoroughly enjoy working at MediPharm Labs. It is a fast-paced environment in an exciting new industry which can result in having to constantly adapt to change, so it isn't for everyone but that is an atmosphere I personally thrive in. The culture there is great - staff get along, and everyone is friendly. There is a lot of room for growth and development. I have been given a lot of of autonomy which i can appreciate. The senior leadership team is inspiring, and very involved. I have never worked for an organization where the senior leadership team are willing to get their hands dirty.

Pros

Birthday celebrations, competitive compensation, culture

Over-competitive but satisfactory working environment

A lot of stressful competition including bad-mouthing among different shifts. Other than that, a good startup to work in and be a part of. Satisfactory management participation and communication.

No way. Company changed to much

HORRIBLE place to work. Started great when it opened, now garbage. Stressful, walking on egg shells. No recognition, cant trust management inc hr. Sad

Fun and creative place

A team oriented environment where leadership team focus on career development for the employees. Last year, company received their very first GMP license. Committed to continuous improve.

Fast Paced in an exciting new industry

I learned a lot about the cannabis industry while working at Medipharm Labs. I was promoted after 5 months and then told I was not qualified for the title I was given. I was then walked out the door "without cause" instead of offered another position or title. People in management are bringing "their people" and that's what happens in the corporate world unfortunately. You are never safe.

Result driven team

Excellent place for start up. Focus on quality and productivity Great management Diverse culture Get to work with people coming from different background

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MediPharm Labs Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3