MEDIGAS Employee Reviews

High turnover, low morale
Home Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON5 January 2019
My typical day at Medigas is at the beginning of my shift, receiving delivery and pick up orders for medical equipment/oxygen that usually put me in overtime no matter how fast I go. I get timed orders which are impossible to make and most days I feel i am set up to fail. Business for Medigas is growing and although they acknowledge they are short-staffed, management refuses to do anything about it. What used to be a good place to work now has low morale due to tired and overworked employees. It usually takes 4 weeks for a new hire to get fully trained and be on their own. Once they are on their own they get bombarded with orders. Newly trained employees were quitting because they simply cannot handle the workload. If you are up for it, Medigas will give you all the overtime you want but if you are looking for work-life balance, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Rapport with coworkers
Cons
No worklife balance
Good job but lots of hours
HSR (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON30 October 2018
Good job but lots of hours and overtime. Good job if you're single and don't mind not having a life.. the on call can be a bit annoying when u want to relax on the weekend after a big week. Management does not listen to you on how to improve your workload as you need to drive a lot of kilometres in a day. Not just a driving job.

You need to prep your orders, clean equipment, deliver and install equipment.
Pros
Free lunches once in a while. Good money
Cons
Lots of hours and driving out of town.
No opportunity for advancement
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 October 2018
Days at Medigas are very long, 8 - 5pm. There is minimal training, and you need to be able to learn the job on your own, as everyone is overworked and don't have time to train you. Management does not train, invest in, or support staff.
Low pay. Other office employees are great.
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
High expectations, low salary
One of the worst jobs I've ever had
ACCOUNT ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2018
This company is in absolute shambles. I've been there for nearly a year and at no time were they ever adequately staffed in any department. Furthermore, management was never around to help. Their doors were always closed and they would make it seem like an huge inconvenience when you asked a question or needed help. I have never seen management take so many sick days (always on Fridays and Mondays) The corporate culture is terrible.
I would not recommend anyone taking a job here, you will want to rip your eyes out and run out the door!
Pros
There are none
Cons
Management, company culture, short staffed
not recomend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2018
They hire you for a position and then change it after you have accepted and begun working. When you do get training, it is often cancelled or forgotten. some of the peole who have been there awhile don,t do their job and spend there time talking instead of working. no opportunity to advance quickly.
the head people are nice but have zero power
Pros
nice bosses
Cons
not a good place to work in genral
teamwork
Homecare Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 June 2017
A fun and an enjoyable team approach is present at Praxair/Medigas. It is a busy work environment with Praxair/Medigas being a known company for years.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay could have been a bit better
Medigas Ontario
CSR (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON26 January 2017
I loved helping people with their medical needs. The hours were great. I enjoyed the experience and was able to travel for training. It was salary based so you were not allowed to take time off at all.
Great for experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON3 January 2017
Love being able to help others but the consistency just isn't there and good help is hard to find. I have learned a lot about healthcare in my career at Medigas but I would like the opportunity to grow and challenge myself at something new.
Une bonne compagnie
Agente service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2016
Je trouve que c'est une excellente comapgnie , sauf que ils ont des contrats
Pros
le cafe, l'envoronnement
Cons
maqnue de formation
Homecare Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2016
I learned about how distribution/logistics works. I learned a great deal about the medical oxygen field. My co-workers in the warehouse and the drivers were a real nice group of guys.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short lunch
safe, professional workplace
WAREHOUSE/HSR REP (Former Employee) –  warehouse7 July 2016
I was employed at Medigas for ten years. The people I worked with were good, hardworking people. We did whatever it took to get the job done.
Pros
room for advamcement.
Cons
Sometimes too much overtime.
Environnement de travail acceptable peut être beaucoup mieux
Qc H4S 1K6 (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC5 May 2016
Je recois des appels des clients, des inhalotérapeutes et des infirmiers(eres) auxiliaires pour toute sortes de questions comme des soumission, sur un produits et ou faire la commande d'oxygene.
Mettre des rendez-vous pour les patients dans un de nos succursale pour pour la lecture de cartes de l'apnée du sommeil ou pour achat de nouvelles machines.
Pros
Les gens de service à la clientèle sont très solidaire et pour le travail en équipe
Cons
gestion innefficace
ertgregf
hsr (Former Employee) –  calgary,ab18 November 2015
was a good place to work until people were focused on rumors and minor things that effected work too much. bosses were very helpful and responsible
belle opportunité avec beacoup de desavantages
Agent téléphonique (Current Employee) –  montreal15 October 2015
- belle opportunité avec un bon salaire.
- belle horaire pour des gens ayant une famille.
- travail de centre d'appel (appel entrants)
- lot d'appels toujours trop élévé pour la mains d'oeuvre disponible
- environement de travail très malpropre, édifice vieux, et mal entretenu, conduit d'air inadéquat. (qualité d'air inacceptable)
- des gestionaires incompétants et inhumains.
- une compagnie mal organisé.
- employés formidables confiné à des employeurs qui ne valorisent aucunement et n'encouragent aucunement le travail de qualité.
Pros
horaire de famille (lundi au vendredi de 8 a 5 et fin de semaine fermé)
Cons
employeurs inhumains & incompétant
Fast-paced, interesting, with lots of hours, but draining
Driver (Former Employee) –  edmonton13 July 2015
The typical day was spent delivering oxygen to various facilities, visiting clients, and fueling up the truck with liquid oxygen.

It got very, very cold in the winter, but the coolness is enjoyable in the summer. You get the chance to work by yourself for the entire day, which can be very enjoyable, depending on who you are.

There is very little time for slow-down, which can be very stressful when you are behind on reaching facilities. I was expected to do a run in 8 hours, but frequently ended up at 10. I felt that I was expected to go a lot faster than was possible, and this seemed to cause some tension on the management-end.

There is a lot of training, which is good, and the other workers and staff were all extremely supportive and helpful.

On-call does not mesh with your personal life, and is very, very difficult to find a good work-life balance.

This is probably a great job for people who are single or want to make overtime pay, but not great for expecting a smooth and easy workday. I felt a lot of disconnect between what I was expected to do, and what I was actually capable of doing.

The hardest part of the job was getting to locations when the office was closed without any assistance.

The easiest part was the driving (put on the radio, or listen to an audio-book).

The most enjoyable part were the clients, who were frequently very old and very happy to have someone visit and chat with.

This job is for a particular type of person, probably in the trades. The help of clients with oxygen needs is a definite moral boost to being in this position.
Good people to work with and good company
Customer Sales Rep, IVC (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 May 2015
I enjoy the day to day work in the office, the management are fantastic. My co-workers and good in helping and training other staff members. Getting used to 8 to 5 from working 6.30 to 2 pm before. Weekends and holidays off and seeing the staff I have got to know.
Pros
Great staff, leaning and advancement
Cons
longer hours than used to
good ppl working for them
Home Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON15 April 2015
Good place to work however it is up and down one minute your run off your feet the next your laid off. A lot of overtime otherwise good job great learning experience
Pros
your own boss
Cons
Fast paced office with high attention to detail required
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB2 March 2015
Every day is a learning opportunity. With no previous experience in the medical industry I have gained a lot of valuable knowledge that can be applied to everyday life. This office is very fast paced and each patient is a different situation so things are not monotonous.

The hardest part of this position is the passing of a client which involves great care and the most enjoyable part of the job is the clients by far. There is not one thing that I could say that I hate about this job.
Pros
Great hours and wage
Medical supply delivery
Home Service Rep, (Former Employee) –  cornwall ontario8 September 2014
Delivery of medical supplies and oxygen. Fast paced. Work under pressure.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
on call weekends and evenings
Large company
Inside Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2014
Large company that has diversified itself into different areas. Recommend this company as starter position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MEDIGAS. Our community is ready to answer.