Medicine Shoppe

Medicine Shoppe Employee Reviews

Canada55 reviews

Great pharmacy owner

Cared about patients and employees. No oppurtunity to move up. One pharmacist I worked with was always occupied with their online business. Too many mistakes. Overall, manager is great.

Hopfully you get paid on pay day

1 of three pay periods arrived on payday. Their was no notice for late pay.Their word is not followed through. We value you. We want to give you a raise. A day later your fired, with no reason.

Pros

Cheap drugs for yourself

Cons

Nasty buisness practices

Great Place to Work

Very Helpful staff, and great management. A clean and nice location and space to work in. The staff were great in getting information to me that was required to do the bookkeeping.

Excellent

I loved it. My colleagues were great. I felt like part of a family. I was appreciated and learned so much from my experience there. I highly recommend Truro mall location for all of your pharmacy needs.

Not the best place to work

Good place to start your nursing career but not to stay long term. Wage is way below average and part time hours . If you want to work full time you have to work split shifts . Management is very unprofessional they’re always late to open the pharmacy on weekends (an hour late ) so your behind when you start your shift .

relaxed workplace

i personally really enjoyed working at this pharmacy because it wasn't very busy sometimes we would get more people at a time but nothing too busy , i liked the whole aspect of working there from making blister packs to working at the cashier

fun place to work and great people to work with

I had volunteered before couple months before I started and it was great organization enviroment everyone was welcoming and very helpful as i did not have experience in pharmacy. I learnt everything very fast and easilt with help with pharmacist himself and co-techs and this job helped my skills elevate and helped my communication skills a ton. It was a lovely experience

medicine shoppe pharmacy

a great place to learn and get a life time experience. i loved my work and my co workers. a great time. i love helping people. so to be able to work at medicine shoppe was helping me do that. such a great feeling and great place to work. a learning and safe environment

Okay for a beginner

Okay for a beginner but not the best job for LPN and not the best place to work. They pay poor to start with and don't pay for things like meetings when legally they are supposed to.

Comfortable environment, great staff

Very comfortable, quiet, productive office. Great staff and support. Great amenities within the area including, gym, shopping, banks, restaurants and shopping.

Small and friendly company to work for

Privately owned, the staff were great. Took every teaching moment to show me about doing blister packs, how to run the methadone clinic The management are very kind and very patient, and very hard working. The hardest part of the job was doing the blister packs for the first time

Pros

good hours

Cons

doing blister packs

pharmacy assistant student

I worked as Pharmacy Assistant at Medicine Shoppe pharmacy during my pharmacy technician practicum. I learned prescription entry, blister packing, dispensing medications, and so on.

Scam

Someone is overpromising something, playing some games on job seekers. If you promise to train someone else, you have the responsibility and commitment to get everything done to ensure someone can succeed.

Do not recommend working here long term

I worked Split Shifts that started from 0700-1200 & 1530-2100. I also worked weekends so I basically could not have a life outside work. The management was often late to open up the office (sometimes an 1hr late - and we did not get paid for this time). And they severely underpaid their employees.

Great work environment. Always busy and always something to do. I would say if you like to be busy and constantly working, great with customers and interacting constantly it would be a great fit,

I enjoyed working there until they hired new staff and then my hours were cut drastically. I felt I was being pushed out the door. My hours went from 40/wk to 32/wk for one month, then to 24/wk the next month. I was given the reason that we weren't busy enough, yet the full-time person who was hired after me is still there full time. She was also offered extra opportunities that I wasn't, ie IDEAL PROTIEN, Stocking fitter, etc.

Pros

Good hours, 10-6 M-f, Sat 10-2, no Sunday or holiday

Cons

No place for advancement. In the 3 years I was there, my salary had only gone up $0.75/hr

100 percentage professional environment

Did my internship there. In my opinion its a good pharmacy to learn and work. The work ethics and the customer friendly approach is really convincing

I have learned everything related to my profession from this pharmacy

I would rate 10 on 10 to this pharmacy and their staff members. the owner of the pharmacy helped in all the ways to understand all the regulations and standards of practice as my guide.

veryproductive

very good place to learn, dealing with all kind of patient and high level of management engagement for education..friendly culture. The hardest part of this job is you need to be very educated and patient with people. the most enjoyable part is you really help a lot of patient

Pros

managmeng engagment

Cons

no cons

Being a pharmacy technician was grey

I assisted with counting pills ,doing compunds and blister packs. Checked costumers in. Keep the work area clean. I enjoy talking to all the patiens hearing their stories. Some stories we're very sad from the homeless patiens.

Pros

Weekends off

Great Staff, Horrible Management

I was lucky enough to work with an amazing group of staff, but management was awful, minimum wage, no benefits, no sick days. Was defintely underpaid for the amount of work done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medicine Shoppe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement