Medicine Shoppe Employee Reviews

pharmacy assistant student
Pharmacy Technician Student (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB13 March 2019
I worked as Pharmacy Assistant at Medicine Shoppe pharmacy during my pharmacy technician practicum. I learned prescription entry, blister packing, dispensing medications, and so on.
Scam
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 December 2018
Someone is overpromising something, playing some games on job seekers. If you promise to train someone else, you have the responsibility and commitment to get everything done to ensure someone can succeed.
Do not recommend working here long term
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC21 September 2018
I worked Split Shifts that started from 0700-1200 & 1530-2100. I also worked weekends so I basically could not have a life outside work. The management was often late to open up the office (sometimes an 1hr late - and we did not get paid for this time). And they severely underpaid their employees.
Pharmacy Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB16 September 2018
Great work environment. Always busy and always something to do. I would say if you like to be busy and constantly working, great with customers and interacting constantly it would be a great fit,
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 August 2018
I enjoyed working there until they hired new staff and then my hours were cut drastically. I felt I was being pushed out the door. My hours went from 40/wk to 32/wk for one month, then to 24/wk the next month. I was given the reason that we weren't busy enough, yet the full-time person who was hired after me is still there full time. She was also offered extra opportunities that I wasn't, ie IDEAL PROTIEN, Stocking fitter, etc.
Pros
Good hours, 10-6 M-f, Sat 10-2, no Sunday or holiday
Cons
No place for advancement. In the 3 years I was there, my salary had only gone up $0.75/hr
100 percentage professional environment
1) Pharmacist intern (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 August 2018
Did my internship there. In my opinion its a good pharmacy to learn and work. The work ethics and the customer friendly approach is really convincing
I have learned everything related to my profession from this pharmacy
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 July 2018
I would rate 10 on 10 to this pharmacy and their staff members. the owner of the pharmacy helped in all the ways to understand all the regulations and standards of practice as my guide.
veryproductive
Volunteer as a pharmacy assesstant (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON6 July 2018
very good place to learn, dealing with all kind of patient and high level of management engagement for education..friendly culture. The hardest part of this job is you need to be very educated and patient with people. the most enjoyable part is you really help a lot of patient
Pros
managmeng engagment
Cons
no cons
Being a pharmacy technician was grey
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2018
I assisted with counting pills ,doing compunds and blister packs. Checked costumers in. Keep the work area clean. I enjoy talking to all the patiens hearing their stories. Some stories we're very sad from the homeless patiens.
Pros
Weekends off
Great Staff, Horrible Management
Provisionally Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2018
I was lucky enough to work with an amazing group of staff, but management was awful, minimum wage, no benefits, no sick days. Was defintely underpaid for the amount of work done.
LOVED my boss
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON25 January 2018
I had the most incredible boss at the medicine shoppe. She is a pharmacist and just was so selfless and thought of everyone and her staff. She found it very important to work and further myself to be better for my nursing career.
Pros
wonderful boss
Cons
slightly unorganized at times.
Retail Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2017
Medicine Shoppe Canada is a great company to work for and an ideal place to build your skillset. The management is very supportive and there are numerous resources to assist in your daily tasks.
Wonderful Office Culture
Franchise Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
I enjoyed working at Medicine Shoppe for nine years. My colleagues were wonderful people, and my manager was just pleasure to work with. Everyone worked hard and we worked well together.
Pros
Office Culture
Cons
Significant organizational changes from the Corporate entity, McKesson Canada
Review of Working in and Out at Medicine shoppe
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  5177 Yonge St, North York, ON M2N 5P527 June 2017
Medicine shoppe pharmacy is a very friendly place to work, and all of your tasks are given to you in a neat and orderly fashion. The pharmacy is tidy, and even though it may seem small on the outside it is spacious. The work conditions are amazing and the manager is very kind. I truly recommend a job here.
Nice place to work.
Full-cycle bookkeeping (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 June 2017
Working relationship with owners is good. They are very considerate of employees' personal concerns. They listen to our problems and help us as much as they can. They also listen to our suggestions, be it personal or work-related.
Pros
Very nice relationship with owners and co-workers
Cons
Wages not commensurate to industry level.
Drama is abundant here
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB17 June 2017
The owners like to act as if they are children in the sandbox. They fight over employees to join their side and get mad and vindictive if you don't play into their drama. They think they are better than anyone and everyone and like to rub it in their employees faces. Not a fun place to be.
Pros
Christmas parties were fancy
Cons
good
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2017
Good company but I am looking for different experience and challenging to build up my career and professional part to extend my career opportunities to get more hours and higher rate especially in this time when the competition is very high among the pharmacist
lots to learn
assistant (Former Employee) –  edmonton29 May 2017
typical day at work, lots to do from sun up to sun down, short break time (lunch), the most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers who treat you like a family.
Pros
co-workers are fun to be with
productive and busy phamacy
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2017
Depending on clients/patients this location where I was employed was quite the busy pharmacy. we completed daily average of 250+ precriptions. Also these are franchises meaning that they are privately owned,my boss in particular was an amazing employer, he was very accomdative and caring for his employees.
Pros
friendly managment, weekly lunches and rewards
Cons
hour of operation are quite extensive
Great business
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 January 2017
very hectic environment for a lower pay. Owner was ok to work with but did do some illegal stuff on the side forging documents.
Pros
great hours
Cons
low pay