Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

Non dependable, slow to respond to questions
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TX28 January 2018
This company is slow when responding to questions. You do not get paid even if they have just a simple question about a time sheet, then they will hold your check for a whole week. They will not call you and let you know that your are no longer needed at place and you won’t know until you show up to work and the staff has to tell you.
Pros
Getting paid every week
stressful
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA27 January 2018
My evaluation was not done fairly.It is so demoralizing. Management is so lenient, yet micromanagement style was implemented. Though the new Director is great and very helpful.
If you like driving and making money this job is for you.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GA23 January 2018
Great opportunity for RNs and LPNs. The salary is there for the taking if you are willing to take the assignment. I really did enjoy working for MSN, but that was at a time when I didn't mind driving for hours.
Pros
Excellent pay!
Cons
Can be cut throat at times with the competition for assignments
Great
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC22 January 2018
It was a decent place to work. I had a contract position and it lasted the year. Workplace culture was good and the management were helpful and understanding.
Pros
a few
Cons
a few
Great environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MO22 January 2018
Great company to work with they send workers out to different hospitals and rehab and nursing homes to take care of residents and patients that may require extra assistance
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Interesting, Fast Paced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  IDAHO, Texas22 January 2018
I worked at many different facilities and was always learning something new.
The challenges were numerous, but I learned to be flexible and fit in with different management styles.
great pay flexable work schedule
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH18 January 2018
i get a call from coordinator with run down of the facility they want me to work at and all of my duties. i then go there and quickly learn faciliy and jump right in doing the duties of the nurses there
Pros
good pay, flexible schedule, great people, never boring
Cons
long drives, no benifets
Nice People
LPN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albany, NY16 January 2018
As a staffing agency they are very good. They communicate well and stay on top of your schedule. The worst part is being canceled on a day that you thought you were working but that is always a possibility with agency work.
very flexible scheduling
Travel Nursing RN (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY13 January 2018
you were able to make your own schedule weekly and monthly. The shifts were up to you and what you were willing to work. This was a travel nursing position, however I staffed the local hopitals
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
sometimes being called off, and always working in situations where you did not know the SOP for each unit, and with people you did not know or their work ethics
Full of opportunities and adventure
Travel Nurse,Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX12 January 2018
Medical Staffing Network allows for various jobs at hospitals or facilities in need. The orientation is hospital based and allows you to acclimate there quickly. I learned how to be confident in my knowledge to provide the best nursing care possible.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Temporary work
Excellent Work Enviroment
LPN III Contractual/Traveling Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC11 January 2018
I completely enjoyed and loved working with Medical Staffing Network.My schedule was flexible, My work contracts wherein 13 weeks intervals with renewal after each completed contract.Work was consistent.The work environments where clean, safe, and the staff welcoming.MSN also required and gave updated CEUs, recertification for ACLS, BCLS, and AED Certification.The office staff friendly, helpful, and truly care.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
sometimes there would be lack of work assignments.
Msn
CNA (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE9 January 2018
I love being able to make my own schedule. I like being able to go into different facility’s and work. I wish they paid a little more, also wish they did contracts.
Pros
Picking own hours
Cons
No contracts in my area
works with you
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NY8 January 2018
I'm a single mother this is a perfect job if you work multiple jobs or have a lot of doctor appointments for yourself or children. If an emergency comes up they're very understanding.
wonderful place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IA8 January 2018
My coworkers are very friendly and outgoing. I like that i get to make my own schedule. i am very busy in my home life. i enjoy the weekly pay. Just wish we could get more overtime
great hour great pay
STNA (Former Employee) –  Independence, OH5 January 2018
most of the time they always had hours available. The scheduling was on a first come first serve basis.cancellations do happen but hours were steady and so was overtime.pay was based on the facility
Pros
pay, hors
Traveler
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FL4 January 2018
Travel RN for two assignments. Both were quite enjoyable and I learned so very much through this opportunity. I worked the first assignment in an orthopedic short stay unit and the second in an ER in a Regional Medical Center. The experience was exceptional with great support from the facility staff as well as the travel agency support.
Pros
Opportunities to learn from new situations
Cons
Travel away from home.
Dishonest recruiter, management, and human resources
NICU RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL30 December 2017
Failed to pay me as per my contract, 2 weeks into my contract, HR tried to change my contract to reflect the lower pay. I refused to agree. Took MONTHS to get them to pay me the money they owed me.
Pros
contract was guarenteed 60 hours per week
Cons
didn't pay me for time worked
enjoyable position
LPN (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA20 December 2017
working as an agency nurse I could control my work schedule
I enjoyed to movement and change as required for the assignments
great staff
time management was key to succeeding
people skills was a must
the hardest part of the position was being able to fit in with staff who would prove very helpful to resident identity and finding needed supplies
Pros
working in various healthcare settings
Cons
assignments not being available
I love MSN!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NY20 December 2017
I have been with MSN (Albany) for 4 years and I love the flexibility it gives me. I am able to work full time and still be a wife and a mother to 4 children.
Pros
Flexible schedules, great pay
Cons
No PTO
Accuracy when processing payroll
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL18 December 2017
Communicated with clients daily
Processed over 500 payrolls per week
Recorded, processed, and commissioned, direct deposits and payroll accruals.
Updated client information into company system
Created training manuals for instruction on how to process payroll for assigned company branches
Pros
Pays good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Staffing Network. Our community is ready to answer.