Medical Pharmacies Group Limited

Medical Pharmacies Group Limited Employee Reviews

Canada68 reviews
I learned many things from this company
I learned many things from this company. work was really very busy. in Mississauga management was not so good. overall company was good. all employees do hardwork but not get that much appreciation.
I love working at MPGL
A typical day at work kind of slow in the morning and eventually gets busier as the day progresses I love my colleagues and I love MPGL . They accomodated my special requests most of the time.
Working with children bosses
As a RPHT, the work on paper is pretty sweet, almost like an office job sitting and checking. However the organization hires mangers that would love to use you as stepping stones to a better position in the company, or see how much they can squeeze you dry before throwing you away. The company breaks a lot of Ontario labor laws, such as forcing overtime, work place harassments when someone refuses work beyond 44 hours a week or refuse possible dangerous task that could harm yourself or patients. Saying No to anything is a death wish. Even with documentation, HR only listen to these mangers and any complain falls on the worker. As if the a non manger has the power to control time management of a team. There is no proper record keeping any mistakes they assume it was yours, or try to pin it on you, as they need an scapegoat. Performance is not based on handwork, but how much you can lick boot and how you can fake it. The list of long term care homes has some that are high volume and low volume, if you are smart do all the low ones and on paper it looks like you did amazing per hour. No real measurement of an employee’s worth, if you buckle down and work hard taking on the large homes, you get called in for low number of homes per hour. If I had to recommend this company I would say yes if your desperate or patient care means nothing to you and you are a YES person.
6 May 2020
We are saddened to hear about your experience with MPGL. We take comments of this nature seriously and are interested to learn more about you’re your time with MPGL. If you are willing, please send me an email (HR@medicalpharmacies.com) with the best way to contact you for more information, referencing Indeed review.
Sincerely,

Cheri

HR Manager
Productive and fast-paced work environment
Great team of people, working well collaboratively. Fast-paced but with a healthy work-life balance. Management is vey knowledgable and promotes open and collaborative environment.
Biased manager
The reporting Manager was biased. Very poor professionalism I felt I am at a school where i have to ask my manager to go drink a glass of water. I would never recommend anyone to work with this organisation. May be not all the offices are like that but The Mississauga location is definitely not working with
Not a good place to work
Poor, negative environment. Management needs to change. Reflects poorly amongst staff members.
No work life balance. Nothing ever pleases management. If you have the option, don't work here.
Very productive and collaborative
Working at Medical pharmacies is a great opportunity. You learn many things related to the pharmaceutical industry. It is ver inclusive and easy- going. That being said it is also a precise and fast-paced job.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
8 - 9 hour busy shifts
good place to work with, consistent pay raises, benefits
can be stressful if not able to catchup speed with fast paced production.multi staff longterm care pharmacy.they have time frame with locations so prioritization is essential .good environment .
High turnover
Very high stress atmosphere. Immature staff being hired. Communication issues need to be dealt with immediately. Group meetings non-existant, which should be to keep things organized and in good work flow. No HR open door policy at head office level to discuss issues to fix. Not enough staff hired to help keep business flowing efficiently, so overtime is a common
problem
disorganize
A company with many problems
They have many issues it is not a diverse and multicultural company.

Their departments do not co-ordinate well

The company policy does is not reflected in the workplace
Horrible Interview
They were the most unfriendly and judgmental seeming people. If you don’t act like being a pharmacy assistant or the like is your ultimate and only life goal they immediately turn sour. Very bad vibe from the two managers who interviewed me.
Pros
Quick to interview
Cons
Rude people
8 January 2020
Sorry this was your experience, Medical Pharmacies aims to foster a positive candidate experience at every stage of the interview process. We would like to gain additional feedback, please feel free to reach out to recruitment@medicalpharmacies.com.
Friendly staff and environment
working efficiently, in a fast pace, and at the same time, accurately. Time management was definitely very important, as it helped to get things done in an orderly manner. I really liked and was encouraged by teamwork, as it was beneficial to the whole group.
was good
just very unorganized, overall a good experience though.the boss is very nice, but alot of the girls there are very mean and nothing gets done about it.
Productive, but lacking in management and salary
As stated above, it is productive. You're pushed hard and really have no room for slacking off. I like that, personally. Management could be worked on and there definitely could be more given in terms of salary but the people are great otherwise.
it's all about the money
management is more concerned with getting more money while the rest of the hardworking staff have to deal with patients with no appreciation from management whatsoever.
quality of work is gone.

very fast staff turnover.

management is very clueless about pharmacy and patient care.
Work days fly by
I love my job at MPGL! We have a great group of coworkers, the worklife balance is good. Shift rotation is fair with day, evening and weekend shifts. My Immediate manager is approachable and flexible and willing to help. Wage is competative and they do a excellent job of keeping me motivated to continue with the company.
great work environment
awesome place to work at with great, supportive manager.typical work day involves being on the computer, and contacting insurance companies. most enjoyable part of the job is team atmosphere
Not Good Management
No comments.................Not Salary Increased based on Performance......Every Day stress Next day dnt know where they gonna pull............Management not good
Cons
shhhh
Poor Management, no experience in pharmacy only money. Poor salary and raises. Company only cares about making money and not their employees. Management needs to change.
Pros
Cons
To long to list
Great environment
Was there for a very short time (contract), so may not be able to give a well informed review. But the little time I spent there, the environment was a positive one.
Very tense environment
Overall good company but run by the wrong people.
Managers has no manners .once you are vocal they find all excuse to get rid of you.

As a trained assistant i was micro manage by in experience person who has no formal training in pharmacy. The managers put her in charge of everything with out the knowledge of head office.

I was told on the first day that whatever she says goes but i took my chance anyways.

I was told that i will be managed by two managers by the time i got there it was actually three(gang of three).

Good place to be but these managers cause the place to be very tense.

Overall i had a bad experience .

Head office needs to start look into this matter.

People keep leaving one by one
Pros
Good company
Cons
Poor management, wrong persons in charge
21 May 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We take comments of this nature very seriously and commit to looking into this matter.

We want all employees to have a positive experience during their time at MPGL and we are always striving to improve!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Pharmacies Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8