Medical Pharmacies Group Limited Employee Reviews

Good opportunity
Former Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston13 September 2018
Good place to work with good starting salary($16 or more)and three times wage increase($3) in a year.Busy workflow, experienced staff, overtime hours once in a while, good benefits ( manulife coverage for family), two weeks paid vacation/year and good opportunity to learn new skills.
Overall ,well managed company and one of the best employers in Canadian Pharmaceutical Industry.
Pros
Free coffee, experienced staff
Cons
Rotational shift work
18 September 2018

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Medical Pharmacies continually strives to promote work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance.

Professional workplace environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 August 2018
-A professional and friendly workplace environment
-Consistent work schedules
-Emphasis on the importance of confidentiality
-Workers are helpful
Cons
Wage
18 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated. Medical Pharmacies strives to provide compensation and benefits, which consider the labour market and reflect our employee's work experiences, qualifications and skill requirements. We also promote professional growth and career development.

Pas pire
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 August 2018
Les gens sont pas pire. Il a certain pharmacienne qui a des problème d'attitude...mais c'est eux qui garde l'emploi.
A great place to work !
Regulated Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 June 2018
I started as an assistant and the company paid for me to become regulated. A great starting wage and regular benefits. The staff is great, I made many lasting friendships. The manager is is fair and very flexible to schedule and any appointments and or family commitments. The hours are very good compared to other pharmacies. Usually finished by 6pm and always have Sundays and holidays off. It can be fast paced, is mentally stimulating and focused on long term care customers. I genuinely enjoyed my employment at the Peterborough store. I am only leaving to take a job closer to home, as I commute from out of town. I will miss my Med-Pharm family as I embark on my next chapter.
Pros
Paid lunches, great manager, friendly co-workers workers and match 2% on my RRSP contributions
18 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear how Medical Pharmacies has contributed and invested in your professional development and career growth.

Pharmacy Assistant
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 May 2018
I would dispense, compound all of the medications that are leaving at the end of the day and i would also place the order for the next day. i would also put away the order and check the owing try which i can finish filling the prescription for.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
long hrs
18 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Medical Pharmacies strives to provide work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance while also providing optimal care to its patients/customers.

not a get place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 May 2018
not a very good place to work as the management does not follow confidentiality on the other co workers, other co workers not minding their own business
Pros
free lunches
Cons
expected to stay long hours
Great environment to work in
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON24 April 2018
Great co-workers and bosses made this place a great work environment. Everyone helped each other out a lot and went the extra mile to make sure everything got done well.
18 September 2018

We appreciate your feedback. Medical Pharmacies partners with colleges and universities to provide opportunity for students striving to be a licensed Pharmacist or Registered Pharmacy Technician. We are pleased to have provided you with an internship opportunity.

Horrible place to work
Barrie on - Pharmacy assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 March 2018
I worked at medical plarmacies for almost three years. I watched a lot change. Poor management long hours. No help what so ever. Expected to do way more then what one person can handle. Expected to skip breaks. Just overall a horrible place to work. People were friendly but management was the worst. Manager was and is still unapproachable he thinks he’s better then everyone else talks down to people gossips about other employees. Does not do his job properly whatsoever. He is not open to suggestions and thinks he knows best. When clearly he is one of the biggest problems with that place. Highly recommend that if you have small children to not work there as you will have no time with your family. Horrible all around. I could go on and on but honestly there is so much wrong that this review would be pages long. My advice is to stay far far away. (Barrie location)
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor management, way to much is expected
18 September 2018

Medical Pharmacies provides pharmaceutical care to residents in long term care, retirement homes and complex continuing care facilities as well as retail/community pharmacy customers. Our Barrie team works together to provide an optimal level of service and care to our patients/customers. This location has grown over the past year, in both customer base and in the compliment of the team. This is a fast paced work environment, the right person for this position is patient/customer focused and committed to their team. Should you have any questions feel free to reach us at hr@medicalpharmacies.com.

Awful Owners - Poorly managed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 March 2018
They don't care about their employees. They treat them like trash and are seen as disposable. People who have worked for this company for 10+ years are fired on the spot, without noticed and expected to "go quietly".
This company was recently taken over by the children of the original owners, AKA, they were handed a free company and some money with zero knowledge on how to run a business or treat employees.

This company is a sinking ship. Don't waste your time with this company.
Pros
Benefits are okay
Cons
Terrible management, pay, and owners.
18 September 2018

This was not posted by a former employee of Medical Pharmacies Group Limited, as the position, and ownership structure described here is not appropriate to our business.

Busy and stressful
Long Term Care Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2018
The company needs to invest in hiring more staff. People are overworked and stress. This location has a very high overturns of staff, head office should really looked at the reason why? management has no management skills whatsoever.
Pros
Some people were nice
Cons
Very very long hours
18 September 2018

We appreciate your feedback. Medical Pharmacies prides its self on foster a safe, secure and supportive work environment as well as work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance. Should you have any additional comments, or questions for us, please feel free to reach us at hr@medicalpharmacies.com.

Don't work here if you're a new graduate.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 February 2018
This company is a disaster. If you're a new pharmacy tech graduate I would highly encourage you to stay away from this company. Managers are rude and are always on edge. Expect to be blamed for their mistakes because they can not admit that they are the ones who made the mistake. You will get treated with disrespect by co-workers who think they have the upper hand. They will treat you less than everyone else. The environment is stressful and you'll quickly hate the job you thought you enjoyed. This pharmacy gave me nightmares. Its sad that a company like this hires managers who can't take responsibility for their own faults and take their title to an advantage. Another huge problem is that some techs do so much more work than others and its pathetic. NEW techs are told to take care of cash,customers,inventory, phones, processing prescriptions, and helping the others fill. ALL OTHER TECHS...well they just fill and prep meds for pharmacist to check.
Pros
nothing
Cons
low pay, bad managers, horrible coworkers
18 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Medical Pharmacies strives to foster a safe, secure and supportive environment as well as providing compensation and benefits which reflect an employee's work experiences, qualifications and skill requirements, while also remaining competitive within the labour market. Should you have any additional comments, or questions for us, do not hesitate to reach us a hr@medicalpharmacies.com.

WIndsor - First Medical: Don't fall for $120K Manager Salary
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 January 2018
Based on a 40 hour work week, you will be making $57.69 per hour as a manager.

Don't be fooled. As a manager you will be working more hours than that every week and be on-call on weekends.

In addition to the long-term section of the pharmacy, you will responsible for front-end retail pharmacy.
Pros
Cons
On-call, long hours, high stress
6 April 2018

Medical Pharmacies finds this review to be a deceptive representation of our First Medical Windsor team, and of the position of Pharmacy Manager. We have verified that the review was not posted by a previous Pharmacy Manager, or former Pharmacist of this team. This location provides pharmaceutical care to residents in long term care, retirement homes and complex continuing care facilities as well as patients in a community / retail setting. The right person for this role is patient focused, clinically strong, enjoys patient interaction, and is ready to provide leadership and mentorship to a team of professionals. The right candidate will be joining a solid team of knowledgeable Pharmacists, Registered Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Assistants. We wish to keep the salary range for this position confidential. However, we would like to take this opportunity to confirm that our Pharmacy Managers are provided with a salary based pay, and have the autonomy to flex their schedules appropriately. Additionally, they are eligible for an annual bonus. As we are serving residents in long term care facilities, we can confirm that our Pharmacist team (including the Pharmacy Manager) participate in an on-call rotation, which is compensated. If you have any questions or concerns, please free feel to reach us at hr@medicalpharmacies.com

Great staff
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON19 December 2017
Loved working with everyone at medical pharmacies. Great way to expand throughout a company, started in pharmacy as R.PhT. Was asked to expand and become a CQI Associate on top of being a registered tech.
Terrible workplace
Regulated Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Ontario19 December 2017
Long hours, short staff, poor management, toxic environment.
8.5 hour day turns into an 11 hr day at least 3-5 days a week.
No appreciation by head office and worst management I have ever seen.
Benefits
Cons
skeleton staff, long hours, bad management, no appreciation
Upper management at head office needs to be overhauled
Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2017
Upper-level management (head office) has no idea what they’re doing. Very short sighted, extremely unintelligent decisions enforced that ultimately cause more stress and frustration and result in good staff leaving. Needless to say very high turnover rate but head office doesn’t seem to understand the reason behind it, despite 20+ people quitting in the previous 10 months. Little support provided coupled with unrealistic expectations, no real guidance, and many empty promises. Little to no communication between different departments of head office which further leads to more frustration and unnecessary stress. Decision to leave ultimately came down to frustration at overall incompetence.

It’s sad because this company has so much potential:(
Pros
Salary is higher that other competitors but nothing to brag about
Cons
Long hours (easily 50-60 hours a week)
Very busy and fast paced work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 November 2017
The work day typically starts off fairly slow and picks up later on in the afternoon when the deliveries start going out. Most employees are only trained on one station, however they have recently started to make a point on training employees on multiple stations in case we are short staffed that day and another station needs assistance. The workplace is extremely busy and often hard to keep up with, as the number of staff doesn't exactly meet the needs of the pharmacy. This tends to cause the staff to work quite a bit of overtime, often every day. The hardest part of the job is being able to keep up with the pace while still producing quality work and not making medication errors.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, full time position gets benefits
Cons
Overtime every day, understaffed, wage increase very slow
Poor wages, no opportunity, employees on power trips
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 October 2017
It needs a complete overhaul! Some do the work of 3 while others barely due the work of 1!! Not in the “original “ group then forget about having input into anything including hours!! In fact some employees would actually just change the schedule to suit their needs! And management did nothing! Long hours, often missing breaks lunches and washroom stops!!Terrible pay. People hired after with the right connections made more.
One plus, Customers and nurses were awesome to interact with!!
Pros
Customer
Cons
Everything else
Great Hours
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Picton, ON10 October 2017
The hardest part of the job was getting along with all your coworkers. The management at store level was great, but not so much at upper levels. The hours are great, but due to cut backs it was hard to keep a job.
Pros
Cost of Rx's
Cons
Hours
Great company
Clinical Consultant Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 October 2017
Great company to work at ! Great culture, benefits, management an d competitive salary. I did rotation there and hope to get a full time job there....
Great organization to work for
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Head Office, Markham, ON8 June 2017
I've been working for MPGL for 2 years now at Head Office. The people in this organization really make this place! All of the departments work together in order to achieve our main goal - providing excellence in pharmaceutical care to meet the individual needs of each client. Every day comes with its challenges and rewards that allow you to grow in your role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Pharmacies Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5