Media Experts
Media Experts Employee Review

Nice perks but toxic and stressful environment

16 August 2018
Pros

- Prestigious clients

- Nice perks (in-house chef, summer hours, sick days, good health insurance, yoga classes, great Christmas party, etc.)

- Spacious and modern office

Cons

- Almost mandatory unpaid overtime (if you don't do overtime, people will judge you for it and you won't get promoted)

- Not Francophone friendly

- A lot of toxic people with big egos (gossips, backstabbing and childish behaviors are common)

- A lot of managers and supervisors did all their careers at Media Experts and are not open to new ideas thinking Media Experts is the best and that they have nothing …

Advice to Management

- As you expect everyone to do overtime, you should increase salaries

- Reward and promote GOOD people

- Consider SKILLS and SENIORITY in the media industry rather than employee tenure
11 May 2020
Same location
Fast-Pace working environment. Not the place for the people who can't take initiative or need to be dictate what to do (can't hold your hand throughout the day). You need to be a fast learner, multitasker and take ownership of your work.
Unfortunately often it feels like high school again as people gossips and whine all the time. They always feel a need to complaint about everything and can't accept that each individuals have a different personality, hence we always need to soft spoken and check every words we say as some people will go and file a complaint to upper management to show off.
17 October 2019
I really enjoy the work at Media Experts with good benefits and lots of fun.
The managers are very open and kind to the team members, also they cares a lot about us, they are always there whenever we need help either at work or personal life.

I was lucky to play the key role in SAP implementation, which was a new experience for me, which helped me to improve my planning and coordination skills.
30 January 2019
Same location
If you are looking to drink the corporate kool-aid, this is the place for you. You will find extremely long work hours, unrealistic work loads and an unhealthy "hustle at all costs" mentality that is pushed by upper level management. The pay does not come close to other agencies in the field. Be warned!
Pros
You will learn a lot
Cons
Work load, always on attitude (evenings/weekends)
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Media Experts. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9