Media Experts

Media Experts Employee Reviews for Coordinator

Coordinator1 review
Canada1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
Pros:
- Great media perks to the job

- Great way to start your career

- Advancement and promotions are encouraged from the start

- Digitally-driven, and will help you learn a lot about digital media

- Get help from a lot of teams and resources

- Very teamwork-focused and collaborative

- You'll develop soft and technical skills very quickly

Cons:

This is a very fast-paced job. Hours are long (I worked 8am-7pm most days, which may be a standard across agencies). Pay is very low (i only made slightly above minimum wage). Don't expect to have a work-life balance.

Office politics are the worst. You'll hear gossip as well. If your life doesn't center around media, you will get judged, and you will not look like a hard worker, even though you may be. You also have to talk about everything you're doing in order for management to see that you're actually doing work.

Expectations are extremely high for an entry-level job. They expected me to outshine the supervisors. My supervisors told me "you have to know what I want, before I want it". One supervisor told me that they hated when I asked "What can I help you with?" Because it showed that I didn't know what I was doing, and that they had to manage my work load, when they shouldn't have to. I thought that's what supervisors were supposed to do.

It felt like my work was never enough. There's a lot more that I can get into, but I won't. Other offices have better experiences.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Media Experts. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9