Media Experts
Media Experts Employee Review

Coordinator's Life

2 June 2018
Pros:
- Great media perks to the job

- Great way to start your career

- Advancement and promotions are encouraged from the start

- Digitally-driven, and will help you learn a lot about digital media

- Get help from a lot of teams and resources

- Very teamwork-focused and collaborative

- You'll develop soft and technical skills very quickly

Cons:

This is a very fast-paced job. Hours are long (I worked 8am-7pm most days, which may be a standard across agencies). Pay is very low (i only made slightly above minimum wage). Don't expect to have a work-life balance.

Office politics are the worst. You'll hear gossip as well. If your life doesn't center around media, you will get judged, and you will not look like a hard worker, even though you may be. You also have to talk about everything you're doing in order for management to see that you're actually doing work.

Expectations are extremely high for an entry-level job. They expected me to outshine the supervisors. My supervisors told me "you have to know what I want, before I want it". One supervisor told me that they hated when I asked "What can I help you with?" Because it showed that I didn't know what I was doing, and that they had to manage my work load, when they shouldn't have to. I thought that's what supervisors were supposed to do.

It felt like my work was never enough. There's a lot more that I can get into, but I won't. Other offices have better experiences.
11 May 2020
Media Planner (Current Employee) - Montréal, QC
Fast-Pace working environment. Not the place for the people who can't take initiative or need to be dictate what to do (can't hold your hand throughout the day). You need to be a fast learner, multitasker and take ownership of your work.
Unfortunately often it feels like high school again as people gossips and whine all the time. They always feel a need to complaint about everything and can't accept that each individuals have a different personality, hence we always need to soft spoken and check every words we say as some people will go and file a complaint to upper management to show off.
17 October 2019
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) - Montréal, QC
I really enjoy the work at Media Experts with good benefits and lots of fun.
The managers are very open and kind to the team members, also they cares a lot about us, they are always there whenever we need help either at work or personal life.

I was lucky to play the key role in SAP implementation, which was a new experience for me, which helped me to improve my planning and coordination skills.
27 March 2019
Planner (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
The people you work with are hardworking and care massively about the work they do and their clients business. There are also fun perks like beer Fridays and annual Camp. However, there is a clear lack of personal career growth and leadership in business units; most of senior leadership has been there 15+ years and it's a real hierarchy. Additionally, long hours are required to meet all client needs. The salary is not enough to compensate the quality of work and hours employees are expected to work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Media Experts. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9