Media Experts

Media Experts Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
Play hard, work harder
Fast-Pace working environment. Not the place for the people who can't take initiative or need to be dictate what to do (can't hold your hand throughout the day). You need to be a fast learner, multitasker and take ownership of your work.
Unfortunately often it feels like high school again as people gossips and whine all the time. They always feel a need to complaint about everything and can't accept that each individuals have a different personality, hence we always need to soft spoken and check every words we say as some people will go and file a complaint to upper management to show off.
Perfect employer with good benefits and fun at work
I really enjoy the work at Media Experts with good benefits and lots of fun.
The managers are very open and kind to the team members, also they cares a lot about us, they are always there whenever we need help either at work or personal life.

I was lucky to play the key role in SAP implementation, which was a new experience for me, which helped me to improve my planning and coordination skills.
Great people
The people you work with are hardworking and care massively about the work they do and their clients business. There are also fun perks like beer Fridays and annual Camp. However, there is a clear lack of personal career growth and leadership in business units; most of senior leadership has been there 15+ years and it's a real hierarchy. Additionally, long hours are required to meet all client needs. The salary is not enough to compensate the quality of work and hours employees are expected to work.
Productive and fun work environment
Loved working there. Great people, great culture. Started at the entry level and was provided with on the job training. Learned a ton and was promoted within a year.
No work-life balance
If you are looking to drink the corporate kool-aid, this is the place for you. You will find extremely long work hours, unrealistic work loads and an unhealthy "hustle at all costs" mentality that is pushed by upper level management. The pay does not come close to other agencies in the field. Be warned!
Pros
You will learn a lot
Cons
Work load, always on attitude (evenings/weekends)
Media Experts is a great place to work!
Great people great culture! If you enjoy things like beer on Fridays, summer retreats, great Christmas parties this is the place for you. They have a roster of great clients as well.
Pros
Cons
Remuneration
Nice perks but toxic and stressful environment
Pros

- Prestigious clients

- Nice perks (in-house chef, summer hours, sick days, good health insurance, yoga classes, great Christmas party, etc.)

- Spacious and modern office

Cons

- Almost mandatory unpaid overtime (if you don't do overtime, people will judge you for it and you won't get promoted)

- Not Francophone friendly

- A lot of toxic people with big egos (gossips, backstabbing and childish behaviors are common)

- A lot of managers and supervisors did all their careers at Media Experts and are not open to new ideas thinking Media Experts is the best and that they have nothing …

Advice to Management

- As you expect everyone to do overtime, you should increase salaries

- Reward and promote GOOD people

- Consider SKILLS and SENIORITY in the media industry rather than employee tenure
Coordinator's Life
Pros:
- Great media perks to the job

- Great way to start your career

- Advancement and promotions are encouraged from the start

- Digitally-driven, and will help you learn a lot about digital media

- Get help from a lot of teams and resources

- Very teamwork-focused and collaborative

- You'll develop soft and technical skills very quickly

Cons:

This is a very fast-paced job. Hours are long (I worked 8am-7pm most days, which may be a standard across agencies). Pay is very low (i only made slightly above minimum wage). Don't expect to have a work-life balance.

Office politics are the worst. You'll hear gossip as well. If your life doesn't center around media, you will get judged, and you will not look like a hard worker, even though you may be. You also have to talk about everything you're doing in order for management to see that you're actually doing work.

Expectations are extremely high for an entry-level job. They expected me to outshine the supervisors. My supervisors told me "you have to know what I want, before I want it". One supervisor told me that they hated when I asked "What can I help you with?" Because it showed that I didn't know what I was doing, and that they had to manage my work load, when they shouldn't have to. I thought that's what supervisors were supposed to do.

It felt like my work was never enough. There's a lot more that I can get into, but I won't. Other offices have better experiences.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Media Experts?
great staff and environment
What I learned:
how to multi-task

organizational skills

how to be detail-oriented

workplace culture:

young, energetic and great staff

great work environment

work hard, play hard mindset

most enjoyable part of the job:

learning to increase my skill set

getting to work with such great people
Pros
summer hours, fun workplace
Cons
long hours, no opportunity for advancement in the finance department
Great employer to learn
I started at Media Experts, knowing nothing about the media buying process. I had the chance to have great mentors within the agency who took the time to teach me!
Atmosphère de travail agréable et le stress est gèrable
On arrive, vérifie les emails, les priorités sont mise sur table. Envoie de factures en debut de mois, collègues de travail ayant une bonne attitude et éthique de travail. Apect difficile ; en attente de matériaux (audio) pour les campagnes ça peut aller jusqu'à la dernière minute. Aspect positif; IL Y A TOUJOURS UNE SOLUTION!
Pros
Un chef cuisinier, tous les repas sont entre 4 - 6$
Cons
pas de bonus pour les heures supplémentaires.
Productive and family oriented Company with great perks
Great environment to work in. Employees are proactive and workload is challenging. Every day is a different routine and management is very enjoyable and hands on with our workload
Great work environment!
Work environment is great, co-workers are like a tight knit family.
Must have good work ethic and work efficiently to succeed,
Pros
Great environment
Very cool office
Lots of hard working people. Good environment. Open space and lots of amenities including gym, rooftop terrace, daily chef in house, etc.
Great place to work. Great people and fun atmosphere. Everyday is different. I learned a lot while working here and the company is great at enhancing learning.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Media Experts. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9