Media Experts Employee Reviews

Nice perks but toxic and stressful environment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 August 2018
Pros

- Prestigious clients
- Nice perks (in-house chef, summer hours, sick days, good health insurance, yoga classes, great Christmas party, etc.)
- Spacious and modern office

Cons

- Almost mandatory unpaid overtime (if you don't do overtime, people will judge you for it and you won't get promoted)
- Not Francophone friendly
- A lot of toxic people with big egos (gossips, backstabbing and childish behaviors are common)
- A lot of managers and supervisors did all their careers at Media Experts and are not open to new ideas thinking Media Experts is the best and that they have nothing …

Advice to Management

- As you expect everyone to do overtime, you should increase salaries
- Reward and promote GOOD people
- Consider SKILLS and SENIORITY in the media industry rather than employee tenure
Coordinator's Life
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canada2 June 2018
Pros:
- Great media perks to the job
- Great way to start your career
- Advancement and promotions are encouraged from the start
- Digitally-driven, and will help you learn a lot about digital media
- Get help from a lot of teams and resources
- Very teamwork-focused and collaborative
- You'll develop soft and technical skills very quickly

Cons:
This is a very fast-paced job. Hours are long (I worked 8am-7pm most days, which may be a standard across agencies). Pay is very low (i only made slightly above minimum wage). Don't expect to have a work-life balance.

Office politics are the worst. You'll hear gossip as well. If your life doesn't center around media, you will get judged, and you will not look like a hard worker, even though you may be. You also have to talk about everything you're doing in order for management to see that you're actually doing work.

Expectations are extremely high for an entry-level job. They expected me to outshine the supervisors. My supervisors told me "you have to know what I want, before I want it". One supervisor told me that they hated when I asked "What can I help you with?" Because it showed that I didn't know what I was doing, and that they had to manage my work load, when they shouldn't have to. I thought that's what supervisors were supposed to do.

It felt like my work was never enough. There's a lot more that I can get into, but I won't. Other offices have better experiences.
Atmosphère de travail agréable et le stress est gèrable
Coordonnatrice Système radio (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 May 2017
On arrive, vérifie les emails, les priorités sont mise sur table. Envoie de factures en debut de mois, collègues de travail ayant une bonne attitude et éthique de travail. Apect difficile ; en attente de matériaux (audio) pour les campagnes ça peut aller jusqu'à la dernière minute. Aspect positif; IL Y A TOUJOURS UNE SOLUTION!
Pros
Un chef cuisinier, tous les repas sont entre 4 - 6$
Cons
pas de bonus pour les heures supplémentaires.
Productive and family oriented Company with great perks
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 January 2017
Great environment to work in. Employees are proactive and workload is challenging. Every day is a different routine and management is very enjoyable and hands on with our workload
Great work environment!
Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 June 2016
Work environment is great, co-workers are like a tight knit family.
Must have good work ethic and work efficiently to succeed,
Pros
Great environment
Very cool office
coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 November 2015
Lots of hard working people. Good environment. Open space and lots of amenities including gym, rooftop terrace, daily chef in house, etc.
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 September 2014
Great place to work. Great people and fun atmosphere. Everyday is different. I learned a lot while working here and the company is great at enhancing learning.