Medcan

Medcan Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews

peoplemanagementgreatworkcompanygoodjobculture

wouldn't recommend

- a lot of issues with upper management that trickle down and negatively impacts customer experience and staff- IT issues on a daily basis- nice facilities

Good for a start

Overall was a good experience. You have to be available for early morning shifts and afternoons. Management is friendly.The worst thing I find is that the Owner makes a fortune but pays peanuts to trainers. You need to work ten years to have over 40$/session.

Pros

Benefits, Bonuses, no sales, they give you clients so there is no competition with other trainers

Cons

Low pay for trainers as they charge fortune for personla training, and you get peaunats.

Insights into Medcan

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Overall - satisfying

Opportunity to work remotely with lots of flexibility. Good morale and culture.However, hard for pay to go up and no more bonuses. Unorganized procedures and protocols.

Great Staff and Management

What makes working here so great is the staff/ team i work with on a daily basis. The clients that come in are also very lovely. I love the work culture and benefits. Pay low for my position but room to grow!

Employees are great to work with.

No support from management/HRVery toxic environment, a revolving door , work load is excessive. Cares more about the bottom line than staffNothing to add

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Do not get whats promised in signing package.

Great team and great opportunity to learn!

Medcan is a definitely one of the great places to work and has high performing teams. My leader is one of the best I have worked with, she is a powerhouse of knowledge and has great work ethic. The team was super supportive and all of them are outliers. Loved working at Medcan.

Pros

Great learning ground!

Cons

Fast paced and everything is a priority.

Great place to grow your career

I've been at Medcan for over a year and have seen so many positive changes since joining that have focused on employee engagement and culture. The people are amazing and everyone is ready and willing to help each other. This makes for a very collaborative and enjoyable experience. The company is always looking for new way to service their clients and be a true leader in the medical sector.

Pros

Great co-workers, amazing benefits, flexible work environment

Cons

Need to give it your all, not a typical 9-5 job. Not a con but a word of caution.

Hands down the worst experience of my life...

Do not work here. There are enough talented, bright and well-managed companies to continue or begin your career.Medcan isnt the place for that. I spent more than 2 years at this company and was laid-off due to COVID. It was the biggest blessing of my life. I did not realize how burnt out and tired I was from working there.I was subjected to 60 hour work weeks, weekends, week nights and was instructed not to take vacation for a year due to a large scale digital transformation project that was being underway (by the way, this project was a complete disaster and was mis-managed up from the top. An absolute gong show and caused a lot of employees to quit).The lack of leadership in not only my department but the company as a whole is the equivalent of kids in a candy store. nobody know what they are doing and it shows.I was not supported in my job whatsoever and was made to be the scapegoat in a lot of situations. i worked for a tyrant of a boss who preferred to gossip all day rather than do work. Unbelieveable!I could go into more details, but I am grateful for the experience - because it made me realize that all the other companies I worked at before were incredible! This just showed me what I dont want in a job.The only bright spot is they hire well and I worked with a ton of good, smart people who are just as disenfranchised as I was and were looking for the nearest exit.

Pros

massage benefits

Cons

leadership, health benefits for a wellness company are a joke, no work/life balance, mental health takes a beating

Horrible work environment. Management does not value employees

-The senior leadership has destroyed what was once a positive work culture. CEO does not value employees. Has an attitude of 'if you don't like it then leave'. - As a 'wellness company', puts no effort into ensuring their own house is 'well'. People on stress leave; job security is very low; little collaboration as people focused solely on own deliverables; water cooler chat frowned upon... -CEO is rarely present and does not interact with regular employees when he is. He is a very poor leader who does not know how to motivate employees. -Extremely high attrition. Talent leaves as there's no room to grow a career. - Strongly recommend that you stay away. If not, I can guarantee you'll be wishing you took this advice less than a month into the job

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

You'll work your butt off to support the pocket-book of the CEO; then you'll leave.

Skills, knowledge, quality of work are not appreciated

Employee’s skills, knowledge and quality of their work is not appreciated by the management. They are pushy and don’t treat people with respect and dignity. Too many directors and managers. Management is not professional. Lack of transparency and healthy dialog with employees. No room for growth. This place is revolving door, many good employees leave.

Pros

Good location, nice office rooms.

Cons

Useless management in some departments.

Do not work here

Management does not care for your work - life balance. There are extreme favoritism. Very hostile work environment. No one bats an eye against senior employee being inappropriate. Its all about the profit. A lot of departments not knowledgeable on each other. A lot of pointing fingers. Its not worth your mental health to work here.

Pros

Occasional Cupcakes

Cons

Overtime without approval

annual bonus, medical/vision/dental benefits, educational reimbursement, anniversary bonus, 10th year paid 8-week sabbatical

I've been working there for 10 years. I love the people I work with and my manager. The company treated me well. job security is not guaranteed of course. they're not unionized.

Its alright

The work culture is great, however there is not many full time opportunities and salaries are quite low compared to similar positions. I love working here due to the people, clients and atmosphere in the clinic, but would prefer better advancements.

Productive company and definitely i will recommend

i loved working at Medcan, it's my bread and butter and they treat you good. i learned a lot and i'v been 10 years working in this progressive company and now i am one of the luckiest one getting my Sabbatical ( 10 weeks ) off with pay.

Review

When I first started it was a great place to work. There was a lot of turn over in upper management. When some of the new management started things changed for the worse.

Pros

Great commissions.

Absolutely disaster when it comes to work culture

Terrible culture. You'll want to leave before your mental health declines. Everyone around you will leave. New people will come in only to find a complete and total disaster. Your bonus will be disappointing. I would only recommend this company if you don't have a job or need to leave your existing job immediately.

Horrible

Horrible place to work. No empathy, no sympathy. No principles. Workers are rude and disrespectful. The place is too far and hard on my pocket to commute

poor managment

Perks include access to physicians. Unfortunately, management doesn't do its job of leading and overseeing problem employees. Some very lazy people get away with doing very little. Not a good corporate culture. Patients complaining about an overly salesy environment.

Workplace Culture

people who have been there longer than me arent happy to the point of making jokes of starting a union. pay was great and it is not a hard job but Culture was not a right fit for myself as I am looking for a long term career

Medcan, the revolving door

Work tirelessly to never get ahead. Have worked for many years with ever growing responsibilities with not one pay increase. They slashed benefits, froze everyone's wage, Place is a revolving door. They would rather you quit after many years of service so they can hire someone new at a lower wage. They have no care for they're employees. Look somewhere else for employment!

Pros

Some nice people here

Cons

Management and executives are horrible

Poor Culture and Management

The culture is very poor; there is low moral, no positive environment. A lot of great people leave because of the environment, which shows those that leave, leave a toxic environment. High turn around rate, Higher management don't seem to pay attention to the culture.

Pros

Health care access

Cons

Poor salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medcan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Medcan with

Medcan reviews by location

Learn about Medcan in popular locations

• Medcan