Medavie Blue Cross

Medavie Blue Cross Employee Reviews

Interesting work, good benefits, frontline management needs work

I very much enjoyed my time at Medavie Blue Cross. It's a complex business and the learning curve is very steep. My most serious concern was with my immediate manager and their ability to communicate expectations. Co-workers were brilliant and talented. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I was very happy with the corporate culture and values. Would have been better if those values were demonstrated by frontline manager.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Very little structure or guidance

Vraiment une expérience stressante

Pas très bonne stratêgie de formation. Pas assez de temps pour se sentir prêt à prendre des appels et a se sentir confirtable ou aller chercher l'information. Ils te poussent beaucoup avec la grille d'évaluations ( vraiment stressante) . On dirait qu'ils te poussent à sauter dans l'eau sans gillet de sauvetage. Très mauvaise expérience et salaire très bas pour tout ce que tu dois apprendre et donner comme service. Ce ne pas pour rien que personne reste.

Pros

Assurances

Cons

Pas assez de temps pour la formation / beaucoup de matière a apprendre dans peu de temps

Expérience horrible

Il s'agit de ma plus mauvaise expérience de travail au Québec.Contrat collectif excellent, c'est la seule chose de positive.Tous les employés dans mon service étaient en dépression et quitte. Certains après 5 semaines de formation, quittent au bout d'une semaine, même pas le temps d'apprendre le prénom des nouveaux.Beaucoup de pression sur la charge de travail et productivité, salaire très bas, et syndicat donc pas de négociation possible.Ambiance catastrophique, j'ai fini par une dépression la première fois de ma vie, poussé par tout mon entourage j'ai du quitter pour mon moral. En un an, j'étais un "ancien" tellement le roulement d'employé était élevé.Promesse a l'embauche de pas mal de choses non respectées au final, comme la formation LOMA payée par l'entreprise, pendant un an je me suis battue pour l'avoir et impossible j'ai du renoncer. Heureusement que j'avais un bon superviseur qui faisait de son mieux, lui même dépité par l'ambiance et le contrat peu avantageux .Vous allez connaître la définition d'esclavage moderne.

Not a good experience

There is high turnover and low morale in the underwriting department. The manager is unempathetic, manipulative and constantly shows favouritism. He has a complete disregard for work-life balance.

No Communication/Unfair Treatment

There is no communication what-so ever from Team Leaders. Most times employees are left to figure things out on their own and then get questioned on why they didn't come to the Team Leads in the first place. S**t flows down hill for sure and its always the bottom feeders that are the problem. No one ever takes responsibility.The salary is also very low and raises are a joke.

productive workplace with a fast pace service minded active call volume

10hr days-14 hr nights... fast pace and challenging, Covid-19 made it a fast learning and changing environment, but management ;( that i was a part of) had the skills and information to keep staff up to date as much as things could with ever changing conditions. Work place culture had it's own stress level but then the staff are seasoned people and we found ways to de-stress in our own ways. hardest part of job was the technology that is not always working to its full protentional. The most enjoyable has always been the people we serve, and knowing you helped so many people in a time of deep need.

Pros

satisfying career, the people we work with and meet, benefits and pay.

Cons

stressful times, Ptsd, technology, politics.

Amazing company to work for!

I love Medavie Blue Cross. I have a great experience so far, very supportive management and a great team! Everyone is so helpful. Strongly recommend!.

Terrible company to work for

My two years with the contact center were awful. Unless you have been there for 5+ years you will be stuck on a late shift, don’t listen when they say otherwise. They will also change your shifts without discussing it with you, work life balance is NOT something they care about. You will be expected to help customers with things you are not trained on and management couldn’t be bothered to take you off the phone for 1 hour to give you proper training on all the new things being thrown at you. Even though they give you sick days, you will be in trouble for using even one. The bonus structure has always been unrealistic but after changes made in the summer, it is now completely unobtainable, unless you are a robot. My mental health has never been worse in my life than when I worked here and many of my coworkers were feeling the same way. You are also not allowed to apply for other jobs within the company, and if you do your resume will not be considered. I have heard wonderful things about working in other departments but I absolutely do not recommend applying for a job in the contact center.

Benefits

Cons

Stressful environment, unrealistic expectations

Worst Employer I've Had

This job is by far the worst I've ever had. They are borderline abusive towards their employees. They continue to change the job and the expectation without compensation. In recent months they've made it incredibly difficult to perform the job to their impossible standards, and meet bonus requirements. Over a dozen people have quit in the past 3 months, with many more to come. You would be extremely hard pressed to find someone in the contact center who enjoys their job at this point. The only thing keeping most from leaving is the salary to start somewhere new is much lower than what you start at here. I wouldn't suggest this job to my worst enemy. Not even your schedule is safe, as they say you get one shift, then decide to change it on a whim (giving you a weeks notice to amend your life to fit their agenda). They believe that they own you, akd will treat you worse than a stray pet.

Amazing coworkers, not so great management and expectations

Coworkers are very helpful, friendly and supportive. Management/team leads nitpick every little thing that they can to keep you from passing your probation period, and they will extend your probation period for any little thing. Not to mention, they can also put you back on probation if they think that you’re not “meeting expectations” - as mentioned above, they’re expectations are very high. They communicate everything via email, no matter how big or small news they are - totally unprofessional. You have a set amount of sick days per year, but you’re not really entitled to use them unless you can “prove” to them that you were “really” sick. No support from team leads or management here. They will shove the employee help line down your throat for any given reason.

Pros

No weekends

Cons

High volumes, high expectations, can’t use your sick days when you need them, no support

Jobs at Medavie Blue Cross

See more jobs

Stressful and Outdated

I worked at a Quick Pay location, staff productivity was measured very unrealistically, and employees were expected to produce high quality work in the shortest time frame. Absolutely no work/life balance. Training for the position was very poor, employees went through four weeks of training, however, you were often teaching yourself as the trainer would not engage with you. The office hours were Monday-Fridays, so employees got holidays and weekends off.

Pros

HSA benefits after one year of employment, personal days, health benefits

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, poor management, outdated technology

cold environment

The people are cold, not very friendly, due to the high turnover rate of staff. Team leads not easily accesssiblel. They still use an old MS-DOS system that is not very user friendly - makes the calls way more difficult...

Good benefits but very stressful

The position that I had I was graded on everything I did. It felt like I was back in high school. No such thing as human error. Expected perfection in an imperfect world.

Good company to work for

This is a good company to work for. As a nurse, having evenings and weekends, stat holidays off was a very welcoming change. Great team environment. Team building events, summer BBQ's, Christmas party. Great medical benefits 100% paid by employer, as a nurse, our licenses were paid for.

Pros

No night shifts, weekends off, 1 hr lunch, great team atmosphere

Cons

A bit of lack of leadership from manager

Horrible management

Be careful, there is no job security. They will continue to extend contract and your probation and use you to clean up their mess & let you go in the last week of your probation. They are known for this.

It’s a good job can be stressful to meet expectations and the processes are always slow. Salary and vacation is nice also sick days so you don’t suffer financially. Benefits are very good and start right away

Poor employee moral and

Management is nonexistent… As it is a cross country company in my time working there I have never met upper management beyond my direct supervisor. I went off on medical leave and when it was time to come back there was no other options for me to work. Treat their employees like garbage

Great place to work and positive atmosphere

The people are always working together and are always willing to help each other. Always work to do so the day goes quickly . The team lead is always supportive and

Pros

Positive atmosphere

Good

It was a great place to work, good hours, great benefits. the only thing i would change for the downtown moncton location is offer parking to employees.

Great for work life balance

Management was friendly and cared about your success and growth. Great place to work if you enjoy getting involved with your community- lots of fundraisers.

Pros

Wellness/Fitness Room, Fundraising Opportunities

Cons

High volume

Satisfactory environment

Overall not a bad place to work great benefits.. pay could be more.. for QuickPay.. however it was a decent place management I had has since been let go.. however the management in Moncton was fantastic.. overall it's a work in progress but they are headed in the right direction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medavie Blue Cross. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement