Medavie Blue Cross

Medavie Blue Cross Employee Reviews

Canada62 reviews
Good company to work for
This is a good company to work for. As a nurse, having evenings and weekends, stat holidays off was a very welcoming change. Great team environment. Team building events, summer BBQ's, Christmas party. Great medical benefits 100% paid by employer, as a nurse, our licenses were paid for.
Pros
No night shifts, weekends off, 1 hr lunch, great team atmosphere
Cons
A bit of lack of leadership from manager
cold environment
The people are cold, not very friendly, due to the high turnover rate of staff. Team leads not easily accesssiblel. They still use an old MS-DOS system that is not very user friendly - makes the calls way more difficult...
Good benefits but very stressful
The position that I had I was graded on everything I did. It felt like I was back in high school. No such thing as human error. Expected perfection in an imperfect world.
It’s a good job can be stressful to meet expectations and the processes are always slow. Salary and vacation is nice also sick days so you don’t suffer financially. Benefits are very good and start right away
Poor employee moral and
Management is nonexistent… As it is a cross country company in my time working there I have never met upper management beyond my direct supervisor. I went off on medical leave and when it was time to come back there was no other options for me to work. Treat their employees like garbage
Great place to work and positive atmosphere
The people are always working together and are always willing to help each other.
Always work to do so the day goes quickly .

The team lead is always supportive and
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Good
It was a great place to work, good hours, great benefits.
the only thing i would change for the downtown moncton location is offer parking to employees.
Great for work life balance
Management was friendly and cared about your success and growth. Great place to work if you enjoy getting involved with your community- lots of fundraisers.
Pros
Wellness/Fitness Room, Fundraising Opportunities
Cons
High volume
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Medavie Blue Cross?
Satisfactory environment
Overall not a bad place to work great benefits.. pay could be more.. for QuickPay.. however it was a decent place management I had has since been let go.. however the management in Moncton was fantastic.. overall it's a work in progress but they are headed in the right direction.
Management lacking
Very high turnaround. Incredibly stressful environment. Lot of staff out on disability. Management makes poor decisions. They should try to make staff happy
Work place
A lot of promises were made during my interview and nothing was followed through. They are not as willing to help you as they say they are when you first start. There is an extreme turnaround when it comes to staffing.
Still too new to review
The people are very nice and the culture is one of wanting to do many social events. What they need is more of a proper training unit to provide the necessary training in all aspects.
Big changes ahead and very stable
Moving to new environment. Very stable job. Repetitive, but constant. Not everyone can do this job, but those who can, can have a full career out of this place and advance further to other positions quite easily.
Well established company, with a positive reputation
Medavie Blue Cross was the first company to hire me after graduation.

I started off in an entry level job, but was soon able to apply to a more challenging role.

Management team was supportive, and always wanted the best for their employees.

I would recommend Medavie to someone.
Unorganized
Poor training - not consistent at all, poor management, lack of communication. Special attention on favorites. Unprofessionalism in the workplace was the worst. The discussions management would have loudly even with regular staff was jaw dropping....and the name calling. omg
Good People , Bad management
Was there for 3 months - was doing well learning role, but TL decided that I did not fit in with her team of all women, since I am a man. Found out later that there was some office politics at play.
Decent place to work.
Good place to work. Health, dental and pension benefits are good however working at Moncton dtown location will cost you monthly parking which is not cheap.

Not a lot of opportunities for advancement as it is somewhat of an 'old boys club' in several departments. Alot of lateral move positions.

Very clicky organization.
Pros
Typical 9 to 5; Management seems to be listening more to it's ee's.
Cons
Job advancement is more of a 'who you know within the company' rather than a 'what you know'.
Loved helping the customers
• Answered a high level of e-mails while handling in-person inquiries from clients
• Analyzed and processed medical insurance claims accurately and efficiently, while remaining discreet

• Continually used business knowledge and experience to solve routine problems

• Developed highly empathetic client relationships and earned reputation for delivering excellent customer service
On the Job Training at Medavie
I only have been at Medavie for 4 weeks, but I can say it's a pretty good place to work. Everyday was a learning experience for me, everyone is helpful and reasonable with their demands. Management greeted me when I first went there. Because I'm a student they realize they shouldn't give me more then I can handle, they are good at placing people in roles. Almost everyday I was learning something new, technologies that are used at medavie allow me to expand my knowledge and grow my skills in IT. The biggest challenge is staying on top of everything, you have to try to stay on top of your work because more work comes and goes.
Pros
Flexible with lunch hours
Poorly managed, employees not valued
As a manager at MBC I was ashamed at how poorly employees within the company were valued, a non-profit company where management are paid incentives and employees are not, preach work life balance yet employees are reprimanded for having a work-life balance, other managers would discuss private information about employees openly
benefits
Cons
value of employees
Enjoyable job, but offers little upward mobility and fairly static salary plans.
The work was fairly consistent, which is good for those who like a steady workflow with few changes from day to day. If you enjoy more variety in your work, this may not be the best job.
Lower management was very friendly and helpful, and one of the best things about the job. My superiors enabled me to effectively perform my duties without abandonment or micromanagement.

However, upper management seemed to evidence a comparative distaste for their employee safety. Although located in an area with numerous heavy winter storms, the company resisted cancellations or delays, even when employees were getting into major accidents getting to work. This led to numerous disgruntled employees.

Most of the coworkers are friendly, creating a comfortable environment to work in. However, the workplace need not be an overly social atmosphere for those who prefer to come into their desk and work quietly and depart.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medavie Blue Cross. Our community is ready to answer.