Medavie Blue Cross

Medavie Blue Cross Employee Reviews

I very much enjoyed my time at Medavie Blue Cross. It's a complex business and the learning curve is very steep. My most serious concern was with my immediate manager and their ability to communicate expectations. Co-workers were brilliant and talented. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I was very happy with the corporate culture and values. Would have been better if those values were demonstrated by frontline manager.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Very little structure or guidance
I love Medavie Blue Cross. I have a great experience so far, very supportive management and a great team! Everyone is so helpful. Strongly recommend!.
My two years with the contact center were awful. Unless you have been there for 5+ years you will be stuck on a late shift, don’t listen when they say otherwise. They will also change your shifts without discussing it with you, work life balance is NOT something they care about. You will be expected to help customers with things you are not trained on and management couldn’t be bothered to take you off the phone for 1 hour to give you proper training on all the new things being thrown at you. Even though they give you sick days, you will be in trouble for using even one. The bonus structure has always been unrealistic but after changes made in the summer, it is now completely unobtainable, unless you are a robot. My mental health has never been worse in my life than when I worked here and many of my coworkers were feeling the same way. You are also not allowed to apply for other jobs within the company, and if you do your resume will not be considered. I have heard wonderful things about working in other departments but I absolutely do not recommend applying for a job in the contact center.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, unrealistic expectations
This job is by far the worst I've ever had. They are borderline abusive towards their employees. They continue to change the job and the expectation without compensation. In recent months they've made it incredibly difficult to perform the job to their impossible standards, and meet bonus requirements. Over a dozen people have quit in the past 3 months, with many more to come. You would be extremely hard pressed to find someone in the contact center who enjoys their job at this point. The only thing keeping most from leaving is the salary to start somewhere new is much lower than what you start at here. I wouldn't suggest this job to my worst enemy. Not even your schedule is safe, as they say you get one shift, then decide to change it on a whim (giving you a weeks notice to amend your life to fit their agenda). They believe that they own you, akd will treat you worse than a stray pet.
Coworkers are very helpful, friendly and supportive. Management/team leads nitpick every little thing that they can to keep you from passing your probation period, and they will extend your probation period for any little thing. Not to mention, they can also put you back on probation if they think that you’re not “meeting expectations” - as mentioned above, they’re expectations are very high. They communicate everything via email, no matter how big or small news they are - totally unprofessional. You have a set amount of sick days per year, but you’re not really entitled to use them unless you can “prove” to them that you were “really” sick. No support from team leads or management here. They will shove the employee help line down your throat for any given reason.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
High volumes, high expectations, can’t use your sick days when you need them, no support
I worked at a Quick Pay location, staff productivity was measured very unrealistically, and employees were expected to produce high quality work in the shortest time frame. Absolutely no work/life balance. Training for the position was very poor, employees went through four weeks of training, however, you were often teaching yourself as the trainer would not engage with you. The office hours were Monday-Fridays, so employees got holidays and weekends off.
Pros
HSA benefits after one year of employment, personal days, health benefits
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, poor management, outdated technology
The people are cold, not very friendly, due to the high turnover rate of staff. Team leads not easily accesssiblel. They still use an old MS-DOS system that is not very user friendly - makes the calls way more difficult...
The position that I had I was graded on everything I did. It felt like I was back in high school. No such thing as human error. Expected perfection in an imperfect world.
This is a good company to work for. As a nurse, having evenings and weekends, stat holidays off was a very welcoming change. Great team environment. Team building events, summer BBQ's, Christmas party. Great medical benefits 100% paid by employer, as a nurse, our licenses were paid for.
Pros
No night shifts, weekends off, 1 hr lunch, great team atmosphere
Cons
A bit of lack of leadership from manager
Be careful, there is no job security. They will continue to extend contract and your probation and use you to clean up their mess & let you go in the last week of your probation. They are known for this.
It’s a good job can be stressful to meet expectations and the processes are always slow. Salary and vacation is nice also sick days so you don’t suffer financially. Benefits are very good and start right away
Management is nonexistent… As it is a cross country company in my time working there I have never met upper management beyond my direct supervisor. I went off on medical leave and when it was time to come back there was no other options for me to work. Treat their employees like garbage
The people are always working together and are always willing to help each other. Always work to do so the day goes quickly . The team lead is always supportive and
Pros
Positive atmosphere
It was a great place to work, good hours, great benefits. the only thing i would change for the downtown moncton location is offer parking to employees.
Management was friendly and cared about your success and growth. Great place to work if you enjoy getting involved with your community- lots of fundraisers.
Pros
Wellness/Fitness Room, Fundraising Opportunities
Cons
High volume
Overall not a bad place to work great benefits.. pay could be more.. for QuickPay.. however it was a decent place management I had has since been let go.. however the management in Moncton was fantastic.. overall it's a work in progress but they are headed in the right direction.
Very high turnaround. Incredibly stressful environment. Lot of staff out on disability. Management makes poor decisions. They should try to make staff happy
A lot of promises were made during my interview and nothing was followed through. They are not as willing to help you as they say they are when you first start. There is an extreme turnaround when it comes to staffing.
MHSNB is a great place to work. People are nice and helpful. Good management. Friendly environment. Training is available to help you get up to speed.
The people are very nice and the culture is one of wanting to do many social events. What they need is more of a proper training unit to provide the necessary training in all aspects.
Moving to new environment. Very stable job. Repetitive, but constant. Not everyone can do this job, but those who can, can have a full career out of this place and advance further to other positions quite easily.
  1. Employee reviews