Medavie Blue Cross Employee Reviews

productive and great place to work`
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE21 October 2018
the management of medavie blue cross made it very enjoyable and a great place to work, I had a great two summers and one winter and i would return again
Little to no job coaching from Team Leaders
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 October 2018
Pay is low. If you have young kids that get sick they will bully you. The TLs do little coaching to help.
Good place to get experience though. But don’t expect too much support.
Promises are not kept. Great benefits. Favouritism is rampant and if someone doesn’t like you very hard to advance.
TAC/MAC ANALYSIS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB25 September 2018
Very welcoming and engaging company. The leaders are very helpful and encouraging. An easy-going job with many activities going on throughout the year. Lots of opportunities in many areas around the company.
Team Atmosphere
Program Analyst, Federal Administered Programs (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 July 2018
Team goes above and beyond to help clients and co-workers. Management is open and available, you are given the time you need to learn the role and become comfortable.
Pros
Free parking
Great Place to Start
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 June 2018
Nice place to start in the working world, training with pay, full benefits that you don't have to pay for. Your own desk, clients are friendly and co-workers are easy to work with.
Pros
Free Benefits
Cons
Complaint Handling
Good quality of work with minimal supervision
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 May 2018
Assist HR Consultants with:
Prescreen chosen applicants
Testing of applicants
References / background checks
Data entry if applicant information in HRIS.
Great team
Everyone gets along really well.
Excellent employer
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 May 2018
Great place to work. Would recommend it to anyone. Inspiring purpose and great corporate culture.

The people are exceptional, a team environment where everyone is willing to help,

Large employer that can be slow to make change or decisions.

Good place to work if you like being very busy.
Managed Drug claims for Federal servants
Director of Federal Programs (FHCPS) (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 April 2018
Worked across Canada for Veterans, RCMP and Canadian Forces in relation to providing and processing their Federal national and international health claims.
Pros
great service to provide to our front line
Cons
trying to keep pace with Federal gov't and private industry requirements
Great Company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 April 2018
Great Company. Lots of opportunities to grow personally and professionally. Benefits are fantastic, Atmosphere is professional yet you fell like Family.
Typical Corporate Culture
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 February 2018
Great place to work, does retain less than stellar resources upon occasion, not sure why.

Monday-to-Friday, 9-4 core hours, some overtime.

Some managers are good, some managers are not.
Great place to get a start
Claim Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 February 2018
Started working there as a claims representative processing health claims in a customer service role. I was in a branch office, staff were great the first few years, great morale and a positive working environment. As the years went on salary increases were minimal, very little chance for career advancement and staff morale seemed to go down. Staff in branches located in other provinces were often paid higher for doing the same job. We were told this by management and explained the reasons were the higher cost of living say in Ontario. Work demands were also always increasing year over year. If you processed a required number of claims it was certain to increase the next year to a point that was unattainable to qualify for merit increase for salary.

It is a great place to get claims experience, office experience, etc. But unless you are willing to move to Moncton, don't expect opportunities for growth.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
No chance for advancement in branch offices and low pay with high expectations of work.
Great career experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 January 2018
Great startup feel. Behind in technology. Opportunity to be a part of a great team, working to create an amazing customer experience. This company is for more experience workers. They are lacking on the mentoring.
Blue Cross
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 December 2017
Fantastic company to work for if you can get on as an employee and not contract.

work environment is laid back and comfortable. Flexible schedules.
good people and gym located downstairs
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 December 2017
I enjoyed working at bluecross at times it was repetitive work but you learn how to be organized and productive. Management team were good people that thought me a lot.
Pros
gym downstairs
Cons
after hours work
Good workplace
Rehabilitation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 October 2017
High caseload numbers requiring excellent time management and organizational skills. Extensive liaison with health case professionals in community including psychology, physiotherapy, occupational therapy.
Hardest part of job assuming files from other Provinces when shortage of staff etc. Most enjoyable; face to face meeting with clients when required.
Pros
Home office.
Cons
High caseload numbers
Great place to work.
Eligibility Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
As I have worked in various roles there was always chalanges but the culture of the company has always made it a great place to work almost everyday.
Pros
Staff/people
Cons
insurance
Friendly people
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB25 May 2017
Good family feeling run company. For a health care company the benefits to the employees are below par. The salary based on similar positions in the same area are on the low scale, and whatever you do ... don't get sick. For a health care company it seems that whenever an employee gets sick and goes on disability for any reason they are fired soon after returning.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
if you supervisor doesn't like you .. you will have a hard time
nice place and people are really easy to get along with
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 January 2017
prepare computer for the start of the day, get email faxes from the over night and send them to the proper department or person, log phone in the get calls, finish work from the day before if any. Learned some different system within the company while doing distribution and working with some federal projects. Management is fair and the culture is good there is different nationalities. The hardest part of the job was to sit at the desk all day until someone came to replace you for breaks and lunches sometimes you need to go to the washroom a little hard when your the only one there in the lobby...the most part that i enjoyed was meeting different people and helping someone that needed information and didn't know were or who to ask for
Pros
sick days
Cons
no parking on main street location
A workplace with many opportunities and continued company growth
IT Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moncton9 January 2017
Medavie Blue Cross is a highly respected company with continued growth that keeps up with the current technology of today.
great place to work
Internal Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 November 2016
I worked for Medavie Blue Cross for 12 years. I only left to try my hand at running my own business.
This job was a typical office job. I learned how to be very organized at Blue Cross.
Our management team was amazing...always striving to build good moral within the team.
The part I liked most about this job is I knew exactly what was expected of me and I came in and did my job and at the end of the day I got to go home and leave work at work.
I also really liked my hours ... I was able to start early and leave at 3:15...as a golfer, this was perfect during golf season :)
If I had to say anything negative it would be the rate of pay...I only stayed 12 years because I was married and had a second income.
Pros
hours, management
Cons
salary