Medallia Employee Reviews

Interesante cultura con mala ingeniería
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires10 February 2019
Medallia ha cambiado mucho desde que comenzó a trabajar para salir a la bolsa.
Siempre tuvo muchos beneficios para los empleados y muy agradable ambiente laboral.
En la época que estuve las decisiones de ingeniería estaban limitadas a agradar a los arquitectos principales, quienes teniendo una excelente formación de Compute Science adolecían de experiencia de Ingeniería de Software. Esto provocaba que teniendo empleados de excelente nivel, el producto sufriera de múltiples defectos de diseño y esto generara disconfor por las falta de apertura a las propuestas de los equipos.
Las promociones también eran muy dependientes de a quienes le agradabas y a quienes no.
Pros
Ambiente humano y cultura
Cons
Egos y falta de equidad en promociones.
Average SaaS Startup
Senior Analyst, Professional Services (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CA10 October 2017
The first couple years were great. I learned a lot from the people I work with. Overall it was a very rewarding experience.

However I feel like I did not get the most of the last 2 years other than being overworked and feeling constantly exhausted and stressful from the pressure to perform exceeding expectation.
Pros
Free food. The usual perks. Great people.
Cons
Long commute. Forced culture.
Amazing culture and growth-mindset
Application Solutions Developer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA13 July 2017
What is fantastic about Medallia is its culture and down-to-earth folks to work with. One of the core key values is it growth-mindset, that is what makes it easier to work with others.
Cons
Distance
Amazing!
Technical Support/Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CA28 June 2017
I was able to do my internship at Medallia, and I have learned so much. I became aboard as an intern for Technical Support and I also had the opportunity to become an analyst. The culture in this company is great everyone is welcoming and truly treasure learning from mistakes. I have nothing bad to say about this company, only good things.
Excellent Startup
Windows/SCCM/ Endpoint Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA12 April 2017
A lot of work to be done, Very fast paced environment multiple projects so time management is crucial. Micromanagement occurs not from management but from team leads, I feel this is because accountability tends to roll to the low man on the totem pole.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
very young culture
Good
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gandhinagar, Gujarat9 April 2017
Good work culture, excellent opportunities. Great client management opportunities. Early promotions and onsite opportunities. Overall is a good company but only thing where it lags is management.
Pros
Very talented people
Cons
Poor Management
Jive Community Manager
Jive Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA20 March 2017
Good work culture. Management still growing. I believe they are going through some communication and growing pains amongst the middle management tiers.
Great place to be.
IT Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA26 January 2017
Short tem position via a staffing service. Great culture and team to work with across the company. i was able to network and I learned a lot about the tech portion of the job by facilitating solutions for tech equipment and set up.
Pros
people, culture, free lunches, close to cal-train
Cons
short term
Great upcoming company! Hard to advance.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA22 November 2016
This is a great company to work for. The culture and events are great and the people are top talent! Below are a few issues, but a good company overall.

Being a startup, there is a high focus on innovation and some important backlog items get dropped. It can be difficult to build new technologies on top of limited older ones.

There is a very loose management hierarchy, so most teams do not have a direct manager. This causes a lack of focus on employee career development. It is also the primary contributing factor to the next 2 issues.

Teamwork is non-existent. Each person gets a major project they are responsible for. So if you get a role you don't like, you are stuck with it.

The org meetings are very effective at providing a high-level overview of what each team is doing. However, there is no effort for low-level communication between teams.

Again, great company to work for, but low-level management needs to be invested in.
Pros
Great workplace, talented people, positive company outlook
Cons
no low-level management, no career growth, focus on innovation over main product
Ownership. Unmatched.
Sr. Director (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA1 November 2016
I have been working at Medallia full-time (More than a year)

Pros
Though the leader in Customer Experience Management (CEM), we're literally building a category creation company (Google before Google or Salesforce before Salesforce). Building something new like this is hard, but it's also a privilege to be a part of. I'm definitely tired, but I haven't felt this fulfilled in years.

- Overwhelming, unapologetic focus on people and culture
- High degree of ownership/authorship in both strategic and tactical decisions
- Authentic, meaningful impact

Cons
- Again, building is hard and we make missteps along the way
- More deliberate, defined communication is needed to share with a broader audience

Advice to Management
As Medallia grows, things won't and don't work like they used to. It takes more effort to move the ship forward. Communication is a prime example. Delivering a message for one thousand person, global audience is a lot harder than to a group of 20 all sitting the same location. We need to be much more prescriptive about messaging as a result. Don't assume that the rationale for changes, decisions, or direction is evident and use every channel available.
Pros
People, Culture, Category Creation, Financial Opportunity
Cons
Growing Pains, Communication Infrastructure
Great culture but still learning how to walk the walk
services associate (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA11 April 2016
Fantastic place to work particularly if you are just starting out and/or in professional services or engineering. The company is still finding its footing in learning how to transition from a startup to a "grownup" company, but it's an exciting and fun place to be if you can get in and stay there.