Meadowbrook Employee Reviews

The place is great.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Grange, IL15 March 2019
Everything was great. The job was really close to my house. The design of the building is great. They did some updates. The offer tuition reimbursement and rewards like Healthcare appreciation lunches or dinners.
Pros
We make sure that our patients are being taken care of.
Cons
No cons
Not a good place to work
Social Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville21 February 2019
Meadowbrook Manor is a skilled nursing home that had poor management and poor training. This was a miserable place to work that was frequently understaffed.
meadowbrook manor
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL7 February 2019
loved working at first, as management keep on changing ,lots of work stress, payscale was very less for CNA.LOT of CNA end up with bad back because always short staff,
Pros
lunches, flexibility to work
Cons
stressed, short staff, other medical injuries
It is a good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL16 October 2018
It is a good place to work, but one thing I will tell u just get ready to work with less staff because they are always short of staff, so for this reason you will see 2 person doing 5 persons job.
Pros
They sometime give free stuff
Cons
But they are always short of staff so the workload is always hard
Awesome!
Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL3 October 2018
This was my very first job in my teenage years and I must say I loved being an activity aide! Personally, I like working with the elderly and although the floor I was in couldn't really interact but I loved my residents and they always put a smile in my face!
liked my work, disliked unfair treatment.
cook (Former Employee) –  lagrange29 September 2018
I worked 5 days a week sunday thru Thursday preparing dinner, I took pride in making delicious soup, and always made sure all the food was properly prepared. I worked here for five years with perfect attendance, only leaving early once due to illness. In the break room once I took pictures of other employees on my cell phone while everyone was doing snapchat and such, months later, again in the break room as everyone was playing on snapchat I showed the pictures I took to them. They became upset and complained to management that I had committed harassment because of this, and I received a write up that I protested. I was told if I took pictures again without telling the subject that I would lose my job. I agreed to this. One week later I am summoned to the office and asked if I had been in an area that was under construction, my shift was over, and I was waiting for the rest of the kitchen staff to finish, and this area near the kitchen was the only place that I could get wi fi so I entered there, and I admitted it when asked, and then subsequently told I was terminated because of a second offence, when I was under the impression my job would only be jeopardized if I took pictures with my phone! I was then unceremoniously escorted out of the building with a sense of anger, confusion and bewilderment...thank you, meadowbrook manor, for being the place where pettiness and misunderstandings are more important than real caring of residents and quality of work.
Pros
enjoyed making delicious foods
Cons
short sighted management and pittiful human resources.
I would not recommend working here
CERTIFIED NURSES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL20 September 2018
Aides are overworked and underpaid. There was rarely clean linens, clothes or personal hygiene supplies available. The main floor was nice but the second and third floors where the more infirm residents lived was often filthy.
Pros
Cons
hard work for not a lot of pay
Able to work closely with residence
Activity Aide/ Socialization (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL7 September 2018
I was glad to come to work, and help the residents, and work on their social skills, and was fun to interact with the residents on activities. It was hard to see, a patient pass away, that was the hardest of all. I learned to care for that time well spent, because tomorrow, is another story.
Pros
Interaction
Cons
Patients passing
Fun
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Illinois15 August 2018
Fun. Working with the residence a good atmosphere a good work environment and yes I would recommend this place to a friend just getting to know different personalities
Hard working, dedicated and caring to the clients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL4 August 2018
I am some who has a high tolerance level, can be trust, sincere, patient. punctual, lovable and dedicated to my job. I have experience in taking care of all kinds of patients obtained from the long term facilities i have worked in. This has given me the ability to understand their challenges and how to help them. I like being a caregive be cause i love interacting with others and help people. Being a caregiver, i enjoy keeping elderly people company and listening to their beautiful stories and most importantly the fact that have been able to make so many people happy.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
nothing noted
Work environment
Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL30 July 2018
The place was okay to work, but does not pay enough to make ends meet. The staff can be rude as well. Overall, the facility was a good place to work because the stress levels were low.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Low pay
worst place i ever worked
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL29 June 2018
Bed Bugs
Under staffing
Illegal transfers
No room for advancement
All promotions are within the family
Ridiculous work loads (16-19 residents most total care)
poor pay
Pros
you can say you have a job
Cons
everything
Most of the management was fun to work with
MDS & Care Plan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Illinois24 May 2018
I really don't have anything to say. either negative or positive. It was a long time ago. I remember the people were nice. But when it came to accommodating my school schedule the flexibility they said they would alow was not there which is what caused me to resign.
Pros
able to perform job function unapeeded
Cons
you were considered salery but you had to sign in an out
Not enough staff
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Henryville, PA6 March 2018
Too much work for far to little staff. People not hired because of what they can offer the environment of recovery. Too much to do with too little to do it with.
Pros
Good to learn coping skills
Cons
Not enough staff or staff input into policy decisions
Fun ace to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL12 January 2018
It's a nice place to work besides the low pay and short of staff. Management can be better but overall very fair. Very fair administration just low pay to be in the suburbs.
Pros
Team players
Cons
Low pay short staffed bad luncges
You are always in a hurry
House Keeping Aide (Former Employee) –  La Grange, IL6 December 2017
You are always in a rush, if you are not done with a certain amount of room by a certain time then you should know when you are falling behind. you have to have a really good stomach to work here because you will come across some things that aren't too pleasant such as spills for vomit, stool or urine.
i enjoyed this job fun relaxed no pressure
Floor Tech/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cherryville, NC22 September 2017
i loved working here the management was great it was family oriented pay was ok hours was good i learned patience i enjoyed working with the residents hard part was if anyone would pass i got attached to them
Pros
people management
Cons
if resident would pass away
Work place
Activity Aid and Personal Clothing (Former Employee) –  Illinois7 June 2017
It is always easier to finish a task with team work. Always use good verbal communication with boss and co-workers to make work easier. Hardest part of the job was sometimes mainly the amount of work with a short amount of time to finish the task but it was always possible to finish the task on time.
Pros
Free lunches for employees on special days
Cons
No cons
Great Boss
Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  Illinois6 June 2017
My Boss at this job has taught me what I know now, she was awesome such a great person I miss her. I would say when a lot of women work together it could be a bit of chaos, but overall it was awesome.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Over worked
Coworkers are great to work with
Activities Aide (Current Employee) –  Lagrange, IL28 May 2017
I love working with the residents, they are like family. I have learned a lot about this work place. Other employees are great to work with. We get along really great, Meadowbrook manor always makes me smile.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meadowbrook. Our community is ready to answer.