MeadowBrook

MeadowBrook Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Setting up appointments for the outside sales rep to go out and do projects for commercial and industrial they really invest in there staff and you're treated like family.
Really competitive, there is a lot of chances to be an entrepreneur in this company, opportunities are giving for the ones who want them. A lot of hours but really gratifying results.
Always busy. always new challenges but constantly learning and you get back what you put in. A lot of camaraderie between everyone from top to bottom and group activities (sports teams, events, lunches etc). A great place to work if you are willing to work hard and want to grow your career.
Overall my experience has been positive. The employees are very welcoming and foster a team environment. There's no micro-managing and you are welcome to try something new if you think it will help improve productivity. They spend time to invest in you, and want to help you reach your goals.
This company has a fast-paced environment that requires you to know your job. Success is sure if you work hard and are a team player.
The owners truly care for their employees and are very involved in the community. I am happy and proud to be a part of this company.
I've never been more challenged and supported in a workplace. I've also never laughed so much or so hard.

They've invested in my training, cared about my career goals, and supported me when I've strived for more.
Pros
If you like to have ownership over what you do for the company, climb over hurdles or the "wrenches" in your day, set and achieve career goals, and love a busy, professional, and silly environment - MeadowBrook is an excellent place to work.
Cons
People who own their job tasks can work longer hours when challenges occur, or deadlines are approaching.
The team members are great, the Brothers who own the company are hard to deal with, and watch out for doors slamming and a lot of shouting. They do not treat anyone who is not related to them or one of their supervisors well. So if your not family RUN RUN RUN
Pros
good work mates
Cons
Bad Management
I Overall my experience at Indeed was mostly very positive. I learned enough to launch a sales career having no experience coming in, the "culture"'/benefits/perks were unbeatable. I really enjoyed the actual day to day of what I did in working with clients and selling a good product. Also the training was really strong and thorough.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Temp Work
The office environment is positive and friendly. Everyone is always willing to help you out no matter what it is.
They encourage feedback and to share concerns with management. They listen with an openness that is refreshing and include the office staff in many day to day decisions on policies and procedures.

Some days can be very hectic as this is a very fast growing company and you must be able to accept changes as you go as you never know where the day will lead you.

The friendly and family-like relationships within the office make the daily grind not so glum.
Pros
Friendly office environment
Cons
Busy days
I worked at MeadowBrook for a few years. Admittedly left because my wife got a great job in Alberta.

I had a great time there. Management was great. They asked a lot out of us but had great support

Would recommend to anyone looking to push themselves and learn.
Pros
Great environment
After three plus years working for MeadowBrook Construction, every day still flies by. There are enough challenges to keep me learning new things. Collaborating with team players and management who care about what they is motivating. Team outings organized by management are very positive and enjoyable. Seeing the company grow in employees and customers and technology and along with the positive feedback from customers, strengthens my certainty that I work for a good company.
Pros
paid benefits and pension plan
I worked along side with MeadowBrook for two years watching how there team worked together as well as how the ownership interacted with their employees.
In 2012 I jumped aboard to become a part of that team and I have not looked back once.

MeadowBrook has had tremendous growth throughout those years which has opened up a world of opportunities for advancement for individuals who are driven and dedicated to their trade and their career.

It is a passionate company with continued growth in mind.
I see lots of bad reviews on here, I am assuming from disgruntled employees who no longer work here. Its a fast growing and dynamic company that rely's on the guys to be motivated and quick thinking. Some people just aren't cut out for the challenge. Those that are love it and have been here for along time. From a company that was only 10 employees 5 years ago and is now pushing 70 employees I would say they are doing a great job. They have great benefits and all the guys are great to work with. I strongly suggest you join the team and I look forward to working with you!
Pros
Fast pace, growing company, great guys.
Cons
New software can be difficult at times.
I recently just moved to another province and had nothing but a great experience at MeadowBrook. Great team.. I am sad to leave the team.

Certainly they have grown a lot in the last few years and that creates its own challenges - but I loved it
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
Lots of driving
Meadowbrook is all about being a family company but what they dont tell you is that if you aren't a member of there family you are expendable.The people who work there are great and helpful but when it comes to management they would set you up in jobs without all the proper information and didn't care if you were safe on the job as long as you could make them money. Do not work here .
Run run run
Pros
Working with good guys
Cons
Will want you to do dangerous jobs so they can make money
unless you are related to one of the owners or one of the supervisors do not work here really bad management really bad attitude do not treat there workers well, only favored employees are looked after. If they offer you a job run run run.
Pros
the office manager is a nice person
Cons
management is appaling
My coworkers and Manager made the job that much better.
I always had help in case I had a question that needed answering.

I typically spent the day phoning businesses to find the contact person to be reached for renovations.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Talking to people who's first language was not English