MDS Aero Support Corporation

MDS Aero Support Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
CO-OP Student
I really enjoyed my time here, everyone was very patient and understanding. I learned a lot and for a co-op student was given a lot more opportunities than expected
Challenging and rewarding work
Overall the company is a great place to work, this even with the lack of work life boundaries. There are people who genuinely enjoy a workplace where sacrifice is the norm and you feel grateful for making this type of contribution. If this is you then you will thrive at MDS. If you want to make a living and try to separate your life from job expectations you may find yourself suffering from the passive aggressive shaming for not "keeping up with the Jones' ". Too much of what is presented as work life balance is often 'subject to discretion' in some project process.

People are professional and the office mood is generally quite pleasant but I am concerned about the upward trend in turnover (doubled over past couple of years) and if you have to bring in more people at a faster pace can you maintain the general attitude. HR does a great job in communicating with the company but often lacks the support to role out the most popular policies.
great place to work at overall
company has a family culture since its fairly small.
work life balance is not too bad

the facility and office environment its solid and motivating to work at
Fun and interesting place to work
My typical day at work is to support my fellow co-workers for any software related issues. i.e. training, troubleshoot software related problem, answered questions for co-workers from other department. When I got free time, I get to enjoy doing the development work for my own project.
Good professional work
MDS Aero Support Corporation supplies test facilities for aviation engines and gas turbines. The customers are around the globe. The work is interesting.
Excellent Place to work
Spent several years there and enjoyed it. Changes since I have left have put an excellent management group in charge.

The work is interesting and they promote proper engineering processes

Recommended!
Exhilarating fast track job, no good if you have little ones.
Work place was great before the last upper management change, since then it has become a bit impersonal with higher employee turn over.
Culturally management power distance is noticeable.

Employee-management rapport requires improvement outside a web based evaluation.
Pros
Overseas travel and overtime pay.
Cons
Long absence from home.
good company
excellent. good management, varied work.
varied hours. Work mostly independently with minimal supervision.

Lunch and learn sessions allow employees to learan about other areas of the company.
Pros
variable work hours
Cons
below avergae salary
n/a
MDS is a good company to work ... very professional environment and great people..
a great place for career advancement
Productive, Amazying place to work in
I have the pleasure to work for MDS,great place to wok in. Working with management and staff feels like family. Never had any issue with anyone. My co-workers are amayzing and respectful.
A place where Engineering is all about
MDS Aero-Support is an Engineering company that is well established and has good record of success. It is at this compnay that I go a unique chance to practice Engineering in all its breadth. When you work there you get chance work on a project from beginning to the end. You get to work starting from the concept of the design, analysis, details and overseeing the fabrication of the structure or component.
Contract work for six months
Company is based on contract work. As a contractor I had to start from scratch. Very little info was available, Manager had no idea what was promised to customer. The VP provided the customer info so that I could start my project on time. I started this project due to my background at Rolls-Royce with Industrial engines testing and project management. I had to contact the customer directly to cofirm my project and completed my project within four weeks including writing the detail teat procedure for specific Industrial engines. I completed the acceptance test procedure with the customer being present.
Pros
once project starts looks easy
Cons
t the begining detail info is difficult to find.