MDS Aero Support Corporation

MDS Aero Support Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews

Production technician/supervisor.

I worked for this company for almost 15 yrs & enjoyed it immensely. There were pressure situations, both professionally & physically but there was always a sense of belonging.

Pros

Great seasonal parties, as well as excellent benefits.

Cons

Long away periods in some places where climate, location or working conditions were challenging.

Nice place to work.

I worked at MDS AeroTest in Thompson for a short contract. I met interesting people, a collaborative environment, and challenging work. It was a good experience.

Pros

Work culture, payment, support

Insights into MDS Aero Support Corporation

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Instrumentation Engineering Co-op Term (16 months)

I really enjoyed working at MDS. The instrumentation department was very supportive and everyone was extremely intelligent. Because it was a co-op my salary/benefits/advancement options were set at the start and never changed. I seemed to get from MDS whatever I put in. So if I was helpful and worked hard, my co-workers would work just as hard to help me out.

Pros

Very interesting projects, travel possibilities, great team

Cons

Timelines and budgets were always very tight

CO-OP Student

I really enjoyed my time here, everyone was very patient and understanding. I learned a lot and for a co-op student was given a lot more opportunities than expected

Challenging and rewarding work

Overall the company is a great place to work, this even with the lack of work life boundaries. There are people who genuinely enjoy a workplace where sacrifice is the norm and you feel grateful for making this type of contribution. If this is you then you will thrive at MDS. If you want to make a living and try to separate your life from job expectations you may find yourself suffering from the passive aggressive shaming for not "keeping up with the Jones' ". Too much of what is presented as work life balance is often 'subject to discretion' in some project process. People are professional and the office mood is generally quite pleasant but I am concerned about the upward trend in turnover (doubled over past couple of years) and if you have to bring in more people at a faster pace can you maintain the general attitude. HR does a great job in communicating with the company but often lacks the support to role out the most popular policies.

great place to work at overall

company has a family culture since its fairly small. work life balance is not too bad the facility and office environment its solid and motivating to work at

Fun and interesting place to work

My typical day at work is to support my fellow co-workers for any software related issues. i.e. training, troubleshoot software related problem, answered questions for co-workers from other department. When I got free time, I get to enjoy doing the development work for my own project.

Good professional work

MDS Aero Support Corporation supplies test facilities for aviation engines and gas turbines. The customers are around the globe. The work is interesting.

Excellent Place to work

Spent several years there and enjoyed it. Changes since I have left have put an excellent management group in charge. The work is interesting and they promote proper engineering processes Recommended!

Exhilarating fast track job, no good if you have little ones.

Work place was great before the last upper management change, since then it has become a bit impersonal with higher employee turn over. Culturally management power distance is noticeable. Employee-management rapport requires improvement outside a web based evaluation.

Pros

Overseas travel and overtime pay.

Cons

Long absence from home.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MDS Aero Support Corporation?

good company

excellent. good management, varied work. varied hours. Work mostly independently with minimal supervision. Lunch and learn sessions allow employees to learan about other areas of the company.

Pros

variable work hours

Cons

below avergae salary

n/a

MDS is a good company to work ... very professional environment and great people.. a great place for career advancement

Productive, Amazying place to work in

I have the pleasure to work for MDS,great place to wok in. Working with management and staff feels like family. Never had any issue with anyone. My co-workers are amayzing and respectful.

A place where Engineering is all about

MDS Aero-Support is an Engineering company that is well established and has good record of success. It is at this compnay that I go a unique chance to practice Engineering in all its breadth. When you work there you get chance work on a project from beginning to the end. You get to work starting from the concept of the design, analysis, details and overseeing the fabrication of the structure or component.

Contract work for six months

Company is based on contract work. As a contractor I had to start from scratch. Very little info was available, Manager had no idea what was promised to customer. The VP provided the customer info so that I could start my project on time. I started this project due to my background at Rolls-Royce with Industrial engines testing and project management. I had to contact the customer directly to cofirm my project and completed my project within four weeks including writing the detail teat procedure for specific Industrial engines. I completed the acceptance test procedure with the customer being present.

Pros

once project starts looks easy

Cons

t the begining detail info is difficult to find.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MDS Aero Support Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement