McMunn & Yates Building Supplies Ltd

McMunn & Yates Building Supplies Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
A good place to work as a student or young adult looking for a stable job. the main downside working here is that working in the winter is very slow and boring.
Safety and communication is poor. Product organization is poor. Inaccurate amount of product being very problematic. Employee scheduling is insufficient
Pros
Decent work environment
Cons
Poor communication, and organization
During my time at McMunn and Yates they have made it clear that they do not value staff or their opinions, displaying this though their horrible wages and complete lack of interest in what you are saying or telling them
Pros
Gain a sense of community as everyone there is disenchanted by the orginization
Cons
Low wages, untrained management
Working day can vary due to weather and a person would need to be very adaptable to change. Very performance based work and hard to pass ideas up to management. Top down culture.
Friendly people to work with. it is a stable working place. they keep the units in good repair. the job is transporting home hardware goods to the store's.
Pros
stable work
Cons
low pay
management is a problem typical day was confusing most days unorganized no direction co workers were excellent most days except for all the complaing the workers do
Cons
Was not the highest paying company to work for but they keep you busy. They are friendly and have fair equipment. But not a stable life long carrier for me.
a very good work place with productive workers and a happy and joyful work environment.the management is very supportive and co workers are very friendly.
Bad bosses , bad manager, getting insulted on regular basis.depressing job, the other worker's are good people, they too get verbally abused. One of the worst corporations I have ever worked for. Bad,bad,bad, place to be at and very scary and dangerous , the bosses side kick will threaten you with a beat down , threats of getting a beating,
Cons
They trained me well, definitely a great place to work, and learn retail experience. Fun and supportive staff and management. Easy to learn about using some tools.
Good Environment. Had fun at bring your kid to work day with my dad. Was learning how to make customer orders and help in the lumber yard. It was fun and good for my learning experience.
I loved working for mcmunn and Yates. The staff were amazing and same with management. They had twice a month bbq's on payday during the summer. Yeah you'd get an terrible customer once In a while but most were nice and the regulars were interesting to talk to
Pros
Cons
Slow winters
easy to get promoted if you work hard. Started on the service desk, and moved into management with in 3 months.Wanted to return to the floor so I could learn more and there was no problem with that.
Pros
Pleasant enviroment
Cons
Lay offs
work place was good. little far from home than desired. Not the best hours and not good pay. I worked well with all the employers that I had. Overall was better when it was a busier day since its not usually busy.
Pros
great manger
Cons
distance from home
I worked there for multiple years and was told they would promote within. I felt I was over looked and not appreciated. I left and found a better job and have not looked back.
fast paced physical job. Working on your own to complete orders, send and receiving shipments. Often times working alone and need to be able to lift repeatedly
Pros
working alone, overtime available often
Cons
repetitive, strenuous
A typlical day included signing in to company computer. Running purge on paint machine. Servicing customers taking care of Hardware and Electrical sections. I love the employees who I work with. I have learned lots thru product knowledge modules.
it was a great place to work at. only thing that I personally didnt like was standing for 8 hours at cash when the service counter got stools to sit on.
Did not treat all staff equal. I was working there for a few years and schedules would be made unfairly. Favoured staff received better hours. Overall management was poor, people would steal and the manager would accuse innocent people stealing.
Its a good place to learn about sales, inventory, warehouse, etc. the best part of the job is the people and the culture. lost of opportunities to change hours.
a great Manitoba company and they really care about their people, I would work for them again if they would pay a little more, I had a great time here
Pros
the team, the environment
Cons
not great pay