McMunn & Yates Building Supplies Ltd

McMunn & Yates Building Supplies Ltd Employee Reviews

Great general manager and co workers.There are always a bad apple in the bunch, but every job has that.Management takes the time to train you and help you when you are stuck.

Unknown

Safety and communication is poor. Product organization is poor. Inaccurate amount of product being very problematic. Employee scheduling is insufficient

Pros

Decent work environment

Cons

Poor communication, and organization

relaxed, friendly work enviroment.

A good place to work as a student or young adult looking for a stable job. the main downside working here is that working in the winter is very slow and boring.

Stressful and no appreciation for staff

During my time at McMunn and Yates they have made it clear that they do not value staff or their opinions, displaying this though their horrible wages and complete lack of interest in what you are saying or telling them

Pros

Gain a sense of community as everyone there is disenchanted by the orginization

Cons

Low wages, untrained management

Stressfull and top down run

Working day can vary due to weather and a person would need to be very adaptable to change. Very performance based work and hard to pass ideas up to management. Top down culture.

Productive place to work

Friendly people to work with. it is a stable working place. they keep the units in good repair. the job is transporting home hardware goods to the store's.

Pros

stable work

Cons

low pay

very stressful place to work

management is a problem typical day was confusing most days unorganized no direction co workers were excellent most days except for all the complaing the workers do

Cons

Was a fair company to work for

Was not the highest paying company to work for but they keep you busy. They are friendly and have fair equipment. But not a stable life long carrier for me.

fun work place

a very good work place with productive workers and a happy and joyful work environment.the management is very supportive and co workers are very friendly.

Dangerous.

Bad bosses , bad manager, getting insulted on regular basis.depressing job, the other worker's are good people, they too get verbally abused. One of the worst corporations I have ever worked for. Bad,bad,bad, place to be at and very scary and dangerous , the bosses side kick will threaten you with a beat down , threats of getting a beating,

McMunn and yates

They trained me well, definitely a great place to work, and learn retail experience. Fun and supportive staff and management. Easy to learn about using some tools.

Good Company

Good Environment. Had fun at bring your kid to work day with my dad. Was learning how to make customer orders and help in the lumber yard. It was fun and good for my learning experience.

Truly a family

I loved working for mcmunn and Yates. The staff were amazing and same with management. They had twice a month bbq's on payday during the summer. Yeah you'd get an terrible customer once In a while but most were nice and the regulars were interesting to talk to

Pros

Cons

Slow winters

Good Management

easy to get promoted if you work hard. Started on the service desk, and moved into management with in 3 months.Wanted to return to the floor so I could learn more and there was no problem with that.

Pros

Pleasant enviroment

Cons

Lay offs

casual cashier

work place was good. little far from home than desired. Not the best hours and not good pay. I worked well with all the employers that I had. Overall was better when it was a busier day since its not usually busy.

Pros

great manger

Cons

distance from home

Not a great expierence

I worked there for multiple years and was told they would promote within. I felt I was over looked and not appreciated. I left and found a better job and have not looked back.

productive fast pace

fast paced physical job. Working on your own to complete orders, send and receiving shipments. Often times working alone and need to be able to lift repeatedly

Pros

working alone, overtime available often

Cons

repetitive, strenuous

Productive and Fun Employees

A typlical day included signing in to company computer. Running purge on paint machine. Servicing customers taking care of Hardware and Electrical sections. I love the employees who I work with. I have learned lots thru product knowledge modules.

great employees

it was a great place to work at. only thing that I personally didnt like was standing for 8 hours at cash when the service counter got stools to sit on.

Not good

Did not treat all staff equal. I was working there for a few years and schedules would be made unfairly. Favoured staff received better hours. Overall management was poor, people would steal and the manager would accuse innocent people stealing.

Good for experience

Its a good place to learn about sales, inventory, warehouse, etc. the best part of the job is the people and the culture. lost of opportunities to change hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McMunn & Yates Building Supplies Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement