MCMILLAN LLP Employee Reviews

Document Specialist
Document Specialist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
Worked here for many years. It was good until they started restructuring and merged with another firm. For the most part, great co-workers and management pretty good.
not necessary
Senior Litigation Secretary - Civil Litigation (Former Employee) –  toronto on12 April 2018
I am not providing info

I am retired. It does not serve me to provide you the information. If you want to know more then let me know, it's just not relevant
No Job Security/Advancement
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
If you're applying for a support staff position look elsewhere. No job security, you are completely disposable and will feel like you're on the chopping block at all times. During my time in the company people were getting fired/laid off on a constant basis creating a constant negative vibe in regard to employee morale.

Management does nothing to advance your opportunities. Some "teams" provide nothing but a toxic environment and true management skills are non existent.

The culture is great, but only because they provide employee appreciation events to compensate for paying you non competitive wages.

Great place to work because it looks good on a resume. Not a company that you will be at for long.
No room to grow
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 November 2017
Good people, for the most part but unable to fulfill promises of advancement. Keeps the good employees stuck where they are as they're hard to replace. No growth
A good team setting
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
I worked with McMillan for just under ten years. The people are friendly and management is helpful.
Work quantity would fluctuate, but that is normal for the practice group I was a part of.
I was provided with many valuable working experiences and even though some of them were very challenging and difficult to manage, I gained a lot of exposure and possess many fantastic qualities because of them.
The workplace can be demanding at times and work/life balance isn't always great, however I was never made to feel as though I would be penalized for taking the time I required in my personal life.
I enjoyed working with the people at this law firm and found many of them to be understanding and pleasant to deal with.
Pros
A lot of social events to take part in
Cons
Hours can be long at times
New mergers and management changes caused a little ruckus
Billing Analyst & Business Solutions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2017
During my time, we had a number of management changes and different policy changes that were not implemented by all. It was a bit difficult to work through constant changes.
Great firm to start at
Lawyer (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Canada21 March 2017
Great firm! Management is very supportive of initiatives and responsibilities are given early on to lawyers. Team spirit is great and people work with their colleagues in other cities easily. Great clients. Work-life balance comparable to other firms, though at times higher than for firms with comparable salaries.
Pros
Supportive of initiatives
Cons
lack of clarity on partnership accession
Finance Department
Collection Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
Very knowledgable management team who are easy to work with. Good opportunity to anyone looking to work in a legal environment. The team is open and inclusive.
Pros
Open and inclusive environment
Cons
Great workplace for building strong foundation in law
Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2016
This is a great workplace for building a strong foundation in law. I work with very bright and talented individuals who are leader in their fields and have learned a great deal from them. Compensation is a plus, however, like any other Bay St. law firm, work life balance is a challenge.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Work life balance
It is a good workplace
Key Business Analyst deliverables (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2015
Good balanced work life balance. Working here was good not much growth after one level. It is a good company to get some experiance.

Want to know more about MCMILLAN LLP?

Ask a question
Excellent team and work environment, great management.
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2015
Really nice work place. Excellent work life balance. good working hours. Management is very nice and give you due credit of your work. Limited opportunities for growth.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Excellent work environment.
Cons
Limited growth.
Productive and Fun place to work with everybody has a very positive attitude
IT Generalist Technical Support Contract (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2015
Productive and Fun place to work with everybody has a very positive attitude.

I like the work and life balance here it is very.
An office where everyday going to work makes you smile.
Office Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2014
It's a place where happy people are, where will make your day brighter with every smile of each employee you meet in every corner of the office, they have one major policy if you don't know how to smile then you're not gonna work here. Employees have a very positive energy and people are easy to be with.
One of the best law firms to work in
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2014
High paced high stress jobs.
Great individuals to work with.
Management very supportive overall.
Because of major changes in the job market, stress is getting too high in all firms.
Very difficult now to get in and stay in now.
Pros
In the field a great place to work
Cons
Stress is very high now.
I've been very fortunate working with such great people/bosses.
Legal/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2012
Month end is very hectic. Lots of billings and docket entries for two busy partners (lawyers).

Co-workers are amazing. Everyone works as a team.
Pros
great people.
Cons
distance travelling to and from work.