McMan Youth, Family and Community Services Association

McMan Youth, Family and Community Services Association Employee Reviews for Team Leader

I really enjoyed working there. I enjoyed working with the clients. The training is the best so far and their benefit is one of the best if not the best. Benefit starts same day of employment. I regret leaving them and I have been trying to reapply but no luck. Reason I left was because of shortage of staff and it became too overwhelming for me as I had to come in and work if shifts couldn't be filled . The supervisor I had was not very helpful either. But overall I would work for them again if staffing was better and a more supporting supervisor.
Pros
Great benefit and average pay
Cons
Shortage of staff.
The company is all about the money not client care. Top heavy. U get bullied if you voice yr opinion. No room for advancement. Admin staff more worried about what's for lunch then their staff. Poorly run organization
Working for Mcman was an extremely challenging experience. 1. Unethical practices, it was disheartening to learn that it was expected Team leaders share or hold a joint bank account with the clients they served in shared living. The company chooses to run their support programs for people with disabilities short staffed despite an increase in program or client funding, in order to recover losses. 2. Very top heavy! Too many cooks in the kitchen. Rather than utilizing funding dollars effectively Mcman proved to spend their dollars on upper management rather than in the heart of the company, they had teamleaders, supervisors, managers etc. 3. High turnover rate. This company runs very much like a dictatorship, therefore the turn over rate is high, waisting funding on excessive training for new employees.
Pros
Clients and guardians friendly
Cons
Management, poorly handled company