McMan Youth, Family and Community Services Association

McMan Youth, Family and Community Services Association Employee Reviews for Outreach Worker

The hardest part of the job is dealing with client's that refuse to cooperate with the staff and continually cancel. The best part of the job is seeing people succeed and enrich their lives.
Pros
Client's succeeding.
Cons
Contract Work
I was employed by McMan in Medicine Hat for a little over five years. The atmosphere and office culture were consistently friendly and supportive here. The work/life balance was amazing here! McMan offered flexibility with medical appointments in addition to the abundance of paid time off you could accrue each pay period. This is quite rare in the non-profit sector and should be noted if you’re considering applying here. McMan provided a generous amount of quality training throughout my time there. I worked in outreach and my supervisor would guarantee his availability no matter how busy he was to promote the success, and morale, of his employees. I would still be there had my program not lost funding due to changes in the provincial government, and I would have stayed on for at least five more years!
Pros
Paid lunch hour, lots of holiday time, and supportive leadership
Cons
Non-profit
I entered this employment with the intention of doing the best work I could without having any prior outreach experience. I was told I would recieve proper training and guidance, but my supervisor was not readily available to support me learning this workplace culture.
Pros
great pay/benefits/hours
Cons
no guidance, or support
Working independently with clients to provide support and assist them in accessing services that will aid them in gain and attaining their goals for a healthy and positive life style.
Pros
Great agency all around