McMan Youth, Family and Community Services Association Employee Reviews

Care about employees as much as clients!!
Program Supervisor Manhattan Place Group Home (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2018
Great place to work, would have stayed if I didn't move out of province. Never felt as connected and a part of something great as I did at McMan, top of my list for agencies in Calgary, and I worked for them all!! They care greatly not only for their clients , also for their employees, very supportive of work life balance.
Pros
good wages, welcoming, opportunities for advancement, supportive to both clients and employees
Cons
I had to leave !!
Great company to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB5 April 2018
I really enjoyed working there. I enjoyed working with the clients. The training is the best so far and their benefit is one of the best if not the best. Benefit starts same day of employment. I regret leaving them and I have been trying to reapply but no luck. Reason I left was because of shortage of staff and it became too overwhelming for me as I had to come in and work if shifts couldn't be filled . The supervisor I had was not very helpful either. But overall I would work for them again if staffing was better and a more supporting supervisor.
Pros
Great benefit and average pay
Cons
Shortage of staff.
Good job for what it was
Youth Worker- Awake Nights, Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2017
Awake nights, with all boys in group home.
Management has since changed and probably huge improvement. Staff changes were needed and that happened as well.
Red Deer Family Development
Family Development (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 February 2017
I really enjoy working for Mcman. The supervisors are helpful and understanding of employees with families. They did a great job training me and gave excellent feedback throughout my first year. I would recommend working at Mcman to anyone.
Pros
Work family
Cons
N.A
Great job working with great individuals
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB19 February 2017
I have enjoyed working and supporting adults with disabilities in a variety of settings (home, community and employment) to help them live a great quality of life and support them to reach their goals
Agency with integrity and professionalism.
Healthy Families & FASD Outreach worker (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB17 January 2017
Working independently with clients to provide support and assist them in accessing services that will aid them in gain and attaining their goals for a healthy and positive life style.
Pros
Great agency all around
Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 September 2016
The job was okay but stressful sometimes. Management really helped out. pay was average though for the stress you go through but then again the company did all they could to help out.
Pros
Company cares about their employees
Cons
average pay
great for the years i was there
Community Resource Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2016
I enjoyed working there very much was sad to leave the position. it was great working with the guys i worked for. I learned how to recognize seizures better.coworkers were fun to work with. hardest part of the job was moving the clients. The most enjoyable part was seeing them smile
Pros
mens smile
Not your "a typical" job
Team Leader, shared living (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 April 2016
Very challenging with co-workers. Individuals with less then average skills working with clients with challenges equals managing chaos.Working with clients, was the only positive side. Management either doesn't see what's happening or in some cases are overwhelmed and choose to not do anything to address problems. Didn't feel appreciated during my short time there. Wasn't worth their while to even talk to me to get more information on why I wanted to resign. I guess in the end they showed who they really are. Would never choose them as an employer ever again.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Co-workers, management, poor training, support sporadic
McMan in Drayton Vally
Family Development Worker (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB13 December 2015
I worked at McMan in Drayton Valley as a family support worker. Management was inconsistent, went through three supervisors before finally bringing up the inconsistencies to higher management... Was terminated without just cause after bringing it up. I was expected to be on call for a constantly changing schedule allowing no time to even attend a doctors appointment. I was the only employee, no support. No training and overall... Just a terrible experience.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Unable to schedule anything around work, clients are not priority, badly managed
Friendly and quiet
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2015
The people I worked with were really nice and very friendly, they were very specific on what needed to be done. Communication was very excellent.
Pros
Breaks were a bit longer
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2014
Flexibility
Great work environment
Diverse experience
Work independently
McMan Summary
worker II (Current Employee) –  Edmonton18 March 2014
During a typical day at work I meet with individuals out in the community to advocate and connect to community as well as teach skills towards independence. I've learned that there are a variety of resources available to individuals with disabilities.