McKesson Employee Review

at home worker
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA3 March 2014
My daily routine was to be on my computer at 8 a.m. daily group meeting there were 6 social workers who handled the state of Illinois. I covered the largest region because the felt more social workers were needed in Chicago Region due to higher ER usage. I would on average call 20 of my clients see how they were doing and setup for home visit that month. I was responsible to see all clients in emergency status within 3 days. I worked closely with the medical nurse who was assigned to my region and the mental health nurse also assigned to my region. We had locators who would research and find clients who were high users and if they could not find these people I would take over the task. There were about 400 co workers who at anytime many would call me for guidance in my specific region. I had a very good relationship with them and the social workers I worked closely with.
Pros
worked from home
Cons
There was not enough management support

Other McKesson Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun workplace
Bilingual Health Services Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2018
It is a clean, very organized workplace. The company culture promotes a fluid communication between employees and management. Several Sick and floaters days are stable.
Very busy place to work
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2018
McKesson is a very busy atmosphere to work in. Upper Management is typical in that they can only see the big picture and don't realize that it is collection of pictures that make up that whole. As a result unnecessary cutbacks in the wrong places and personnel layoffs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.

41K