McKesson

Found 325 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,434 reviews

Insights into McKesson

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager

Fast paced, understaffed and too many incompetent managers.

Fast paced work, short staffed and high turnaround. Managers that go to meetings all day and don’t offer any help to us. Stay away, this place is dysfunctional! 67% turnover rate. Need I say more?

Pros

Vacation time

Cons

Lack of staff. Terrible management. High stress

Great work-life balance, great people to work with, best manager I had until now

Good to work and grow! Learning new things and supportive culture overall. McKesson's overall goal to improve healthcare and touching millions of patient lives is inspiring with their core values.

Pros

Great culture, supportive peers and managers.

Cons

Salary not according to market standard.

If you like working for a company that consistently changes strategy, fakes inclusion, and rewards incompetent leadership, this is the place for you

Terrible organization with zero structure and zero accountability. They are a detriment to the retail pharmacy profession but continue to act like they are pushing the profession forward. I escalated a concern about my leader and had a senior vp look me in the eye and tell me straight to my face that the concerns were valid. Not more than a day later, I received an insincere email saying there were no issues. Zero transparency. DO NOT WORK HERE!

Pros

Remote work because of the pandemic

Cons

Incompetent leaders who are primarily based in Quebec that have extremely large egos

Busy, hectic at times, but fun.

Great place to work in. Most team members are cooperative. Hours are reasonable. As the establishment was still being set up during my tenure, some of the systems were not in place yet, so coordinating was sometimes a problem. But the resolution and purpose with which the work progressed, I am sure things would fall in place well once the initial setup phase was done. That is all I have to say for now.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Some days workload is a lot and time pressure

Stressful work environment that needs a union

I won't speak on the management at this specific location considering most other negative reviews already have. The work environment within the company itself is setup to create stressful situations. There's little organization and communication between different shifts. Every shift becomes overwhelmed and there's little support or safety nets for employees that have mental health issues. This employer claims to care about your personal well being but at the end of the day all you are to them is just a number. A tip I could suggest to any current employee reading this review: GET A UNION. You have no job security at McKesson Trenton. They will terminate you without cause because they have poor communication skills. For any people interested in working at this location: don't the money (that isn't even really competitive for the area anymore) is not worth the stress that this place causes.

Pros

Decent Pay

Cons

Management, Flexibility

Can work remotely but high employee turnover and understaffed

Very busy and fast paced, different everyday. Sometimes stressful dealing with patients. A lot of staff work remotely. Mangers and Supervisors like to micro manage

Pros

Working remotely

Cons

Low pay, no seniority

Good company to work for

I enjoyed my time working here. The job itself wasn’t for me but it was for the time being . The compensation is unmatched for the type of work. They take of their people.

Pros

High paying for job

Cons

Job not stimulating

Mauvaise organisation

Très mal organisé , il force les employés à rester 2 heures en over Time à chaque quart de travail

Pros

Paie

Cons

Tout

Fairly easy work. Great people. Really well paid.

It's a really great place to work. People are friendly and helpful. Management willing to work with you in resolving any issues. Lots of bonuses and perks such as paid holidays, floaters and sick days. Yard sales are great for obtaining affordable necessities. Hourly wage is very good.

Garderie

Manque de personnel comblé par des étudiants. L' employeur ne communique pas bien ses directives. Les nouveaux employés manque de supervision et de formation. Le milieu de travail est propre au départ et très sale en finissant, des débris jonchent le sol et les gens jettent leur papier par terre, ne ramassent les bout de bois des palettes et la culture de l' entreprise ne semblent pas promouvoir le travail d' équipe. Jeune superviseur en place qui ne semblent pas avoir la formation adéquate pour superviser le travail fait et manque de vision. À éviter si vous êtes un travailleur avec de la volonté et de la formation car vous vous ne sentirez pas à votre place.

Pros

Les ventes de produits brisés

Cons

Difficulté à avoir un poste permanent

Mckesson overall is a great company to work for. Aside from the drama and rumors on the floor. Fast paced and repetitive which could be stressful at times.

Pros

Benefits, raises, salary

Cons

Drama

Very Poor Management Culture

You can love what you do, but if you have management that makes life absolutely unbearable, miserable, and stressful to the point of hating ones life, which then causes one to question if they can survive their long term position, then no matter how great other aspects of the job is, it is the management style that will determine the career longevity with that particular company. The program I worked in, the management used fear based techniques to rule. Management would say they supported the team and wanted to hear ideas, problems and how to fix the problems, yet in the same breath, when someone would speak up and express issues and ideas that did and do not not align with management ideas and are perceived as independent thinkers, management would perform detailed performance reviews to collect ANY negative information, to the forensic level, to build a case against the employee in order to justify removal of the employee. A case similar to the story of Little Red Riding Hood, management are wolves in sheep's clothing and cannot be trusted. Entire teams were witnessed being culled without notice in the same breath of management promising these teams they had job security and management would always work for their teams and back them up. Patient's health and welfare were put at risk and in the end were never a priority. Management culture is "Do as I say, not as I do". The worse the manager, the more they seem to get promoted.

Pros

Great team members, work from home, salary, benefits

Cons

Job instability, terrible management.

Disappointing, Terrible supervisor with ridiculous expectations

I worked the afternoon shift from 2:30pm to 11pm and felt like i had to compete with 15 other employees to keep my job, the productivity assessment was a complete joke. They wanted employees to have a ridiculous amount of productivity to have a sense of job security. The supervisor was not helpful at all when it came down to trying to get my login information to access the online workday website. It did not help that all my paystubs were on the site aswell. I worked at DC 540 location in Edmonton for approximately 2 months then moved to DC 560 which was a far better location to work at, while being closer to home. After 2 weeks of working there I was terminated due to my overall work performance at DC 540. There was never a single hint that i would ever be terminated there, only news that I was supposed to be moved to the Evening shift the following week but was done dirty instead by this company. I was terminated within 5 and a half hours of starting my shift without prior notice and never finished the shift that night. I will definitely not recommend working for this company, well at least at the DC 540 location.

Pros

Dc 560

Cons

Dc 540, Ridiculous productivity expectations

Productive and fun place to work

My management was very helpful kind and encouraged growth in a positive manner. Work is consistent and the day goes by fast. Can be daunting as it’s repetitive work but if you love data entry it’s a great company to work for.

Not a good place to work

This job changes your shifts all the time on low notice and expect you to do many more jobs in a day then can be expected from a worker management does not care for the worker unless you are a friend and in there group

Pros

Have none

Cons

This company will run your life

Fast paced work, stressful as well

Overall it's a good company to work good salaries , culture is good at company. I personally like it but depends upon everyone's own experience.manager is very nice person

Pros

Salary in comparison to job market is best

Cons

Physically demanding

Mckesson n’est pas une vie

Ce travail t’exige 2h de temps supplémentaire pendant plusieurs semaine. D’autant plus il n’ont aucune pitié lorsque tu te sens pas bien ou malade . C’est décourageant de voir à quelle point les gens te traite comme si tu n’était qu’un simple robot . Oui le salaire est bon mais les conditions sont merdiques . Mckesson te donnera plus la possibilité de passer du temps avec tes proches car il déguise 50h/sem en 10h de temps supplémentaire

Salaire bas

Faible bonusFaible salaireCEO gagne 15 millions pendant ce temps là.

Pros

Facilité à avoir des vacances

Cons

Faible salaire, compagnie avare

Competitive and stimulating

The job offers versatility and the management offers growth and training to emoloyees that shows interest and potentials to different work departments.

Pros

Mentoring

Cons

High expectation

Mckesson is great company to work for, the pay is great lots of perks to the job ...great benefits and pension.The only down fall is the shift work. Work evenings and night is very hard when you have family. But for the most of it.. really enjoyed working there.So much opportunity to move within the company. Mckesson is worldwide

Pros

Employee bbq, training

Cons

Shifted work nights and evenings

Great company

My time at this company was amazing, great crew and management who always had your back and helped you to reach your goals. Training you on the job to assist you to achieve more goals and positions with the employer

Pros

Way too many to mention

Cons

Contract ended befor hiring process started

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare McKesson with