McKecks Tap & Grill

McKecks Tap & Grill Employee Reviews

Canada3 reviews
Great experience working within this restaurant as a first job. Gained so many things that are transferable to other occupations. staff and management were okay. very cool experience
Decent work environment, unfortunately very mysogynistic environment which made it very hard to deal with working there. Managers didn't care about the behaviour. At least I learned a thing or two when it comes to cooking and prepping quickly and efficiently.
Pros
learned a lot about food and culinary skills, free food occasionally, my boss/supervisor was the only nice one which was decent
Cons
Mysogynistic environment, made to feel less than when working, tips were taken from me and not managed properly
A typical day at work consisted of typical hostessing jobs like: bussing tables, taking reservations, seating customers, being familiar with the menu and menu item contents, working under pressure.

I learned how to remain calm and collected under pressure and how to work with unhappy customers.

Management is amazing at McKeck's, I work for two women who have been in the restaurant business for many years and are always willing to help you succeed.

Hardest part of my job was working with unhappy customers.

Most enjoyable part of my job is being able to meet new people.
Pros
discounted food, great atmosphere, great staff
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKecks Tap & Grill. Our community is ready to answer.
McKecks Tap & Grill Reviews by Job Title