MCINTOSH PERRY

MCINTOSH PERRY Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
A good learning experience
Good learning experience at Mcintosh Perry. I enjoyed the company of knowledgeable staff and seniors who helped me at each step. The management encourages you to learn more and grow as quickly as you can. They are very supportive.
A good company to start with
It’s hard to get into the company without a strong network for non-native speakers. The company is a bit of white oriented. However, you can find some really friendly people in the company. Their salary rate is low in comparison with the other competitors. You may hardly get a permanent position with benefits. Once you get the permanent position, the only things that might still bother you would be the rate.
Very good people doing solid work.
I enjoyed MacPerry. There was always plenty to do and lots of interesting projects. The staff are really nice and good to work with. Lots of positive cooperation at all levels.
Low Pay, Good Experience
Gained good experience on MTO project with the team that I work with, supportive Contract Administrator and Assistant contract administrator..................
Always changing environment with helpful colleagues
Colleagues were always available for any assistance needed. Teamwork is greatly needed to accomplish tasks as projects are team job, not a solo job. Many facets of the workplace does support the ability for individuals to be able to work on their own, but also open to the opportunity to work with others, which helps improve your ability to understand the job and material in a deeper matter.
Flexible and a Good Work Environment
I had a good time working with this company. The people were very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my time there and learned lots about the consulting industry.
Managers and co-workers are friendly and professional.

Cons: Temporary positions have little to no benefits, however. Managers promise not to lay off site inspectors during the winter season, but they end up doing it anyway. No job security.

Everything else is good.
Pros
Good hours, company has a lot of potential
Cons
No job security, poor administration especially during the hiring process
Good work environment
Friendly work environment, high chances to grow in the company. They give you the opportunity to learn and get more experience.Wages are not that great but their per diem helps out a little.
Pros
Flexible hours, great manager.
Cons
low wages.
good entry level starting position
Helpful staff
good coworkers

good entry level starting position

not much opportunity for growth within the company

employees are undervalued

Low salary
Thieves
They make millions on MTO jobs and pay peanuts to their employees.
People who were lazy we're offered full-time rather than people who work hard.

The only thing I liked working for them is I have worked under the contract administrators from whom I learned a lot.
Cons
Minimum wage, no advancement unless you know someone of higher rank working in the head office
Ok Place to work
MP is a good work place to work in a junior position. It is a good place to learn industry basics and provides exposure to a variety of projects and challenges.
The company provides lack of advancement opportunities and poor pay prospects. Advancements in knowledge opportunities are poor.

Company culture is not there.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Variety of Projects
Cons
Lack of knowledge shearing
There is something new to learn everyday. Most people in the company are wonderful and they offer opportunities to grow in the company. Bosses are kind and understanding, and always willing to help.
Pros
Great work schedule.
Cons
Not great salaries for some people.
Friendly environment; lack of timely communication.
Work was executed professionally. There was not much consideration for advancement and so there was no job security or communication of appreciation for work done nor performance evaluation.
Bad experience
As a senior civil engineer it was not a good job , underpaid and overworked
it is a good starting job for new graduates in my opinion

overseeing the site i was understaffed and required to pick up menial tasks for cost cutting benefits. this required missing some details in my job
Enjoyed my time with this company.
I was hired on a contract for the summer so I knew my position was temporary. I enjoyed my summer in Ottawa and everyone I worked with was very nice. If a full time position became available I would consider an offer from this company again.
Nice workplace
- Pleasant experience.
- Nice quiet work place.

- Hard working people.

- I learned a lot about filing and also dealing with clients.

- Management is good.
Great team oriented work place
Although hours vary depending on the contract, this was a great place to gain experience within the engineering industry. Very team oriented.

I recommend this firm to anyone interested in civil engineering projects.
Great compnay, Greast people
A company that cares about each employee and has many opportunities to explore multiple areas within a specific or all departments.

Great people that take the time to teach co-op students and give a broad range of duties to explore each option.
Productive and fun workplace
McIntosh Perry is a very welcoming, fun and safe place to work. I have learned so many new things working with this company and I have gained so much work experience to further my career.
Great people to work with
Value in quality work is noticed, nice office space to work in. Good people to work with, makes coming into work pleasant.
look for better options
i dont not recommend this company for people with experiance. They hire new grads and desprate old seniors to save money. they make u work nights, weekends, send you to far places etc..pay is terrible and benefits dont exist.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MCINTOSH PERRY. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7