MCINNES COOPER Employee Reviews

Great employer
Student-at-Law, Lawyer (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 September 2018
McInnes Cooper is a great employer who I would strongly recommend to any lawyer in the Maritimes. The treat all their employees well and compensate their employees appropriately for the work that they do. Management team is great.
Pros
Appropriate compensation
Cons
Long Hours
Enjoyed my position very much
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 June 2017
This was my best job ever. Loved my team. They were very generous to admin staff and exceedingly fair and kind. I only left because my spouse relocated for his career.
Pros
Many perks for staff. Many paid for gatherings, pension plan, medical dental, gorgeous office on the historic waterfront.
Cons
Other than personality clashes, none in my experience.
Ever growing expectations, with little to now compensation or even acknowledgement
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE27 December 2016
This for the most part was a great company to work for, however, the onsite management is something to be desired. I think anyone in an HR role should have an HR degree. No consistency, huge amounts of pitting the staff against one another, favoritism etc... And the upper management staff not doing their due dilignece and reaching out to employees to see if there are bigger issues at hand. Not dealing with issues, is NOT a way to deal with issues.
Benefits
Cons
Travel, Parking Expenses
Excellent management
Library & Information Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 May 2016
Excellent management that continuously aim to improve the offerings of the library and information services department.
Great staff and Location
Client Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB12 May 2015
I loved my time at McInnes Cooper. I felt that I gained a lot of experience and knowledge during my time there. Staff were very helpful and friendly.
Pros
Good wages and benifits
Cons
Paying for parking
McInnes Cooper is an Excellent law Firm
Float Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 November 2013
A typical day at McInnes Cooper began with an assignment to a desk. The secretary I was covering would leave detailed notes regarding the day's duties.

Work difficulty varied depending on department. Detail and accuracy of the secretary notes varried greatly as well.

There was little to no job security at McInnes Cooper unless you are a lawyer, or married to one.
Pros
Nice Offices, Knowledgeable friendly staff
Cons
little job security, Office politics