MCINNES COOPER

MCINNES COOPER Employee Reviews

Excellent Staff

The staff here are really great to work with, management tries to facilitate everyone’s needs and is supportive. There are a lot of people to help, training on office programs is provided as well. I would recommend them as an employer to my friends and family.

Pros

Nice office space; Great Staff;

Cons

Low pay

Experience means nothing

This company lays off experienced, senior staff to accommodate junior staff. Definite gap between staff and lawyers. No assistance when workload is too heavy. Poor management.

Pros

Staff are great to work with.

Cons

You don’t feel valued. Experience means nothing.

Good benefits, no acknowledgement

I enjoyed my time working here, however the firm had a terrible way of showing acknowledgement of hard work towards staff as opposed to lawyers. While there are friendly faces, there is definite segregation between lawyers and staff and I would have to blame management for that. (Separate retreats, separate Christmas outings) The health and vacation benefits are outstanding Unfortunately there was very little room to grow as a staff member and the salary was not something you could live off

Welcoming Workplace

Although I was an unpaid co-op student I always felt more than welcome at the office and was always met with smiling faces. I never felt uncomfortable and knew there was always someone to ask if I had any trouble with anything.

Great place to work!

Although, I was only here for an internship, it made me want to work here in the near future/far future. Everyone is so welcoming. The work load is fast-paced but if it was too much for you, you can always ask for assistance.

Highly competent staff and a very professional atmosphere. Great place to work. There were many opportunities for innovation and growth within the firm,

Wonderfully structured office that was also fun to work at

I very much enjoyed my time here. McInnes Cooper is an outstanding firm that represents what I believe to be a professional office. The management is wonderful and fair. No issues working here. Was sad to leave due to move to another city.

Fun workplace, friendly people!

McInnes Cooper is very welcoming. The salary is ok but the benefits are great. People are friendly, and the view is amazing.

Great employer

McInnes Cooper is a great employer who I would strongly recommend to any lawyer in the Maritimes. The treat all their employees well and compensate their employees appropriately for the work that they do. Management team is great.

Pros

Appropriate compensation

Cons

Long Hours

Enjoyed my position very much

This was my best job ever. Loved my team. They were very generous to admin staff and exceedingly fair and kind. I only left because my spouse relocated for his career.

Pros

Many perks for staff. Many paid for gatherings, pension plan, medical dental, gorgeous office on the historic waterfront.

Cons

Other than personality clashes, none in my experience.

Jobs at MCINNES COOPER

See more jobs

Ever growing expectations, with little to now compensation or even acknowledgement

This for the most part was a great company to work for, however, the onsite management is something to be desired. I think anyone in an HR role should have an HR degree. No consistency, huge amounts of pitting the staff against one another, favoritism etc... And the upper management staff not doing their due dilignece and reaching out to employees to see if there are bigger issues at hand. Not dealing with issues, is NOT a way to deal with issues.

Benefits

Cons

Travel, Parking Expenses

Excellent management

Excellent management that continuously aim to improve the offerings of the library and information services department.

Great staff and Location

I loved my time at McInnes Cooper. I felt that I gained a lot of experience and knowledge during my time there. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Pros

Good wages and benifits

Cons

Paying for parking

McInnes Cooper is an Excellent law Firm

A typical day at McInnes Cooper began with an assignment to a desk. The secretary I was covering would leave detailed notes regarding the day's duties. Work difficulty varied depending on department. Detail and accuracy of the secretary notes varried greatly as well. There was little to no job security at McInnes Cooper unless you are a lawyer, or married to one.

Pros

Nice Offices, Knowledgeable friendly staff

Cons

little job security, Office politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MCINNES COOPER. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement
  • MCINNES COOPER
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?