McGill

McGill Employee Reviews

Academic environment
No typical days in the life of an associate professor, teaching, research, team management, grant application, conference... The hardest part was certainly grant application. The most enjoyable part, undoubtedly my team.
No job security
If you get hurt you will be fired. If you cant work very fast and lift heavy objects you will be fired. If you do great the staff are fun but you can be fired for no reason any day.
Très bel environnement de travail
Un environnement stable et sain. Une équipe motivée permettant l’amélioration de l’employé.
Really nice employer
McGill is a good employer. The work environment is good. The contracts do not give you good stability. The payment is low. Some facilities are old, but still functional.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Short term contracts. You don't have benefits.
Great
Learned a lot, good supervisors, smart projects to work on. Internet of things, smart city. Good location, with a cafeteria right under, and a park outside.
Productive, friendly and healthy work environment
McGill is a great workplace. The environment is enjoyable and the people you're surrounded by are very friendly and sociable. I loved studying and love working there.
good
As a research assistant in McGill, I enjoyed working in a rich and thriving environment with motivated people. however the salary was not enough to consider it as a full time job.
Very productive place. Respect in all time. Flexible.
Good work environment. Love working for them every year. They are very patient and flexible with me. I learned a lot over there. My first and most serious work place. They respect me.
Not much room to grow
As a research assistant at McGill, your possibilities for advancement are non-existent. The work schedule is flexible, but the pay is very low.
Eventually, the funding for your project will be terminated and there is no job security to find another job.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Attended school
I learned that alot of life value's are more then important. Being a living human bring blessed with all these resources I have amongst meyself. I really need this job And it would be great to hear back from you @ you're greatest convenience have a great evening thanks.
Great administration and community.
Great administration and community. Very professional and a great place to learn as well as to apply acquired knowledge.
Internship student
I have worked on the 3D CAD model and dynamic modelling of a parallel robotic manipulator. it was my first work experience abroad and I was very satisfied.
Productive - always busy and very autonomous
I loved working at McGill for the adventure of it all. I ahd to organize my own work and make sure I implemented all the necessary steps to achieving the final product. I was involved all aspects of the work and made sure to always stay ahead!
Pros
Amazing Work environment
Cons
No possibility of growth