McGill University
Happiness score is 76 out of 100

McGill University Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

Research Assistant65 reviews
Canada65 reviews

Productive and fun workplace with lots of departments

I worked in the Bio lab as a Computer Scientist and enjoyed learning about new concepts everyday. My Prof was very supportive and did everything to make me grow. The feedback was very useful to advance myself in my software career.

Good

Good, I learned a lot from the professors! Unfortunately, experiences can vary depending on who is your supervisor, but I have heard good things overall.

Insights into McGill University

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

I like my job

I like my job Everything is very good and the professors really help me in the lab to learn good skills. I am grateful for it and can't wait to see what I achieve.

Good workplace

Overall McGill computer science faculty is not that bad. Benefits being its collaboration with MILA and thus the funding for resources. Professors are okay but still a long way to go

Great place to work!

Good environment to grow and learn new skills. Management makes sure to train you well and prepare you for the tasks Do not really have anything negative to say

Excellent

Although I spent very few months at Mcgill. But in these, I took hands-on training on some instruments to gain more knowledge. The workplace culture is awesome.

Professional, advanced but management need some improvment

I worked there for almost 4 years now, I like the atmosphere and the people are very professional and helpful. Good communication between programs and it is a place to learn more and develop your skills. The university and the hospital provide varies workshops and seminars all over the year for staff and students. Multicultural place, and huge diversity can be seen.

Intensive and creative

There is so much to learn from this work environment. Be ready to learn and have fun. There is a lot of expertise in various fields and new scholars will definitely learn from the best mentors

a wonderful place to work

A great place to work with other professionals with great minds. A peaceful and healthier working environment for both staffs and students. Great Organizational Management.

Great environment

Excellent environment to work in. Always something more to learn in life, The pay is extremely good given the work involved and relaxed campus atmosphere.

Productive work place with ample growth opportunities

Great university. An ideal place to expand your academic profile. Also, a great place to work. Have been both a student and an employee. Completely enjoyed my time here.

Free and Flexible working

The good thing about doing research at university is the freedom and flexibility that one can enjoy. And here you can also meet young talented researchers from all over the world and share our experience

Depends on the lab

Fixing anything is painfully slow at McGill. Ordering chemicals is not very efficient. As a researcher hours can be long. But pay is going to be the same as if you did not work overtime.

Research in new area of my speciality

very good and friendly environment. Knowledgeable supervisor, flexible working place and time. The hardest part of job was developing new methods and techniques in new area of research

excellent

Studying at McGill could be the one leap you need to your dream. Everyone here I know works hard. Professors will give you a lot of home work, but you will be forced to learn a lot from courses. The best reputation in Canada, well deserved.

research assistant mainly work on the website

good place to dedicate life. As a university, there is so much thing to do and learn, from academical work to administrative ones. the young people full of ideas that help to shape ones' future life plan.

Pros

lots of things to learn

Cons

no balance of life and work

Research intensive University

The University is research intensive and therefore is a competitive and beneficial organization to join. The quality of the work and experience is positive.

McGill

Nice University to work at, great benefits, often flexible environment. My research team was great, and we worked together well. Interesting research involving worldly issues.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Low salary

lots of work

working one-on-one with a professor is a lot of responsibility. it is a good time, and you learn a lot, but it is a lot of work. i overall am grateful for the experience.

okay

It`s not a bad job, but for you to enjoy it, you really need to be passionate about the subject matter that you are researching, otherwise the hours can drag.

Productive and safe

The Environmental Laboratory at McGill University is quite well-equipped with advanced pieces of machinery. The laboratory is well-regulated and the working environment is safe. It is accessible 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McGill University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement