McGill University

McGill University Employee Reviews

Canada432 reviews
it is really nice and friendly place I think it could be very helpful especially for those who want to start a new job and learn new tasks , the city is nice too.
Great place to work, academic environment but difficult to get in. Fair place of work, with professors and other academic people. Depending on the jo, it can be a challenging or slow pace place of work.
I learned a lot considering it was my first real job. My manager was great, she cared about us and that were treated and paid fair. Never felt as if we were working in a foreign place.
Loved volunteering there! Everyone was very helpful and nice. It was a very fast paced environnement though as expected with any hospital. Hardest part was for sure seeing some very sad and frightening situations.
A day in McGill start from doing an experiment. We made plans and took time to read literature. Usually, in the afternoon, we analysed the data and wrote report.
a competitive atmosphere that makes you improve your knowledge and productivity to be able to continue your job position. due to the high-quality instructors and students, you need to have a great background to be able to work there.
Ideal for students on campus looking for a job
Easy going staffs, very helpful

Need to be on top of your work, be very organized

Be able to meet deadlines
Work is well-paced with a lot of support from middle management. Summer fridays off. Enjoyable clientele - a mix of students, faculty, and support staff. Cutting edge technologies & facilities
I had really good colleagues. The reason I loved working here was mainly the team. I was working as one of the graphic designers in CaPS McGill University.
For example, working at the library of McGill University is not stressful and enjoyable due to the very compassionate supervisors. Some of the tasks require shelving books - placing them in their appropriate place, searching for requested books and take part in special missions.
I was a full-time student for two years. There are many opportunities to learn and improve in both area Knowledge and culture. Learning from professors who the most are knowledgeable and aware prof. Unwithstanding studying at McGill would be a sort of fast-paced education, but that would be one of the unforgettable experience in life.
Working together, Learning more, following up hard and enjoying deep at the time I studied at McGill that push forward me with the supportive and effective methods.

Also, ‌studying at this university motivates us to be able to work as an effective and innovative member of a group.
Professor is wonderful. Job not guaranteed after end of tenure, renewal of contact dependent on research fund availability. No teaching activities, just research .
Depending on which office you work at, you can find a very friendly, collaborative, and helpful environment. Most colleagues work to help on your projects, and there are weekly team meetings to share ideas and solve problems.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Part-time
Great start, only 3 weeks in and work is great at the children’s.
Hours are great, staff is very friendly and make learning fun. Patient interactions are very Pleasant and friendly.
Pros
Shorter hours 8:30-4:30
Cons
Lunch not paid
A warm and wonderful place to work. Supervisors encourage innovations and assist when needed. I have learned good time management and task scheduling. I enjoy working there.
Management is run mainly by an old school brotherhood mentality. No flexibility with work hours, lack of management support, no HR support with any conflicts and every department runs differently so there is no universal rules for the organizations when it comes to telecommuting, salary increases etc. Management lacks the understanding of burn outs and mental health.
With as many as 14 OR going daily it is imperative to communicate with the nurses and staff to assure the availability of the instruments in which there are no delays for the patients as a team it is important to work well together towards patient safety.
Université multiculturelle, bien coté à l'international
Granted that you have a well defined research project and funding, you can expect an overall stimulating and interesting experience conducting research in the engineering department. It's a place of learning and developing essential skills as a young engineer.
The environment was stress-free most days and then out of nowhere there was so much work to do right as I left. The community was generally stressed but easy-going and very accommodating.
As one of North America's highest-ranking educational institutions, McGill provides an environment that gives our students the skills necessary to meet the challenges of an evolving workplace. It does this by fostering intellectual flexibility, enabling cross-cultural experiences and encouraging the development of strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at McGill University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3