McCormick

McCormick Management reviews

Canada43 reviews
Despite all the structural / management changes in recent years McCormick is still a decent place to work and build career. Hopefully top management recognize the power of people in it's true spirit and keep the company on a steady, stable course for a long term success.
I worked as a mcflex employee for a year and a couple months, extremely dirty environment with no focus on food safety, hygiene practices are not enforced. I question if the product that comes from this factory are safe for human consumption because of their sanitation. Management are very errogant and I was told that there was plenty of opportunity to become full time and to keep applying for jobs, but finally when I asked why I kept being denied for postings I was told there was no opportunities for me. I have 18 years experience in the food processing industry and knew how to run and take apart almost every piece of equipment there but there was "NO OPPORTUNITY" even though I did everything asked of me and tried to stay posotive. Most employees act as though they are better than every one else, very toxic work environment unless you are a man, I know this because I was in a focus group about how the women get treated in their environments, and let me tell you none of us had good things to say,
Pros
work and home balance is good
Cons
management is toxic
McCormick is in theory a great place to work but the amount of I don’t care and not my job with little to no help or direction from the management team is concerning. It is a very misogynistic and dayshift oriented company, nobody else matters. The salaries there don’t outweigh what you have to mentally endure on a day to day basis. If McCormick decided to listen to their employees and start to care it could be a great place but they have retrospectively lost their core values.
Worst company I’ve worked for, terrible manager, discrimination, no induction plan, bad atmosphere, no ethics and the safety is not their priority. Don’t know how to run a food company
It was a pleasure working in McCormick Canada.
Real second home , Team work, Management is very cooperative and listen to all your concerns.
In my IT career, this is the best job.
Pros
Free Coffee and Tea
Cons
No job Security due to lots of changes on global level
I enjoyed my time working for this company, the work was very tolerable and I learned a lot of new skills. I was also treated with a lot respect by management. In general I enjoyed my time with this company.
The company is good for and co workers are great. However management does not seem to care much about employees.
They love to talk about how great they treat employees, but don't generally show it.
Fun coworkers and a decent pay. But that's the end of the pros list. No benefits, disgusting (dirty) work environment, terrible management, and continuous threats of termination or being moved elsewhere with less pay. Morally except that their standards of clean for allergens or any product are nearly none existent, just be happy no metal is making it in. Essentially be ok with being smelly and gross every day and have no problems with being stressed and put down all the time.
Pros
Decent pay, fun coworkers
Cons
Demeaning management, no benefits, gross
My time at McCormicks was really stressful because of the environment. I worked in the plant, where it was super loud, hot, and sometimes the spices in the air would make my skin burn. My discomfort was often brushed off. "My skin is burning." "Yeah, you get used to it."
My fellow employees were nice, the higher up management was nice, but the crew leaders were give or take. I got yelled at a lot by forklift drivers for simple, newcomer mistakes. These things jut built up and I ended up resigning because it was so stressful.
Pros
We got special parties when we reached milestones, like BBQ lunches and employee appreciation moments.
Cons
Some of the people could be toxic and rude towards newcomers, There was lots of distasteful gossip around new workers, The environment was emotionally draining
Worse than the beer store. Awful. Just brutal. They hire family first and everyone else gets screwed. Lots of politics and too many managers without a clue.
Between hours and trying g to have a family is hard working there but the pay and benefits are good but I think they wrongfully fire some people sometimes and don't fire the people that needed to be fired
Good company to work for. Cares about the employees. Allows for development through Multiple Management Board. Good work life balance.
Typical Day:
I begin the day by communicating with the technicians from the previous shift to learn about ongoing issues or outstanding tests that need to be completed. I then take 10 or 15 minutes to go around to all the work stations and clean/restock/calibrate them to make sure they are ready for my shift. I then step in for the technicians from the previous shift as they are leaving and communicate any important information they may have told me to the other technician I am working with when they arrive. After this point, the rest of the night is taken up with collecting samples, testing them, and then entering the results into the system. Some samples need their testing rushed and some fail the tests and must be dealt with accordingly.

What I Learn:

Every day I get a little better at everything. I figure out ways to manage my time better as well as improving my speed and accuracy with the various tests.

As more and more issues come up, I slowly learn how to deal with them better so that I will eventually be able to solve them without the help of a more experienced technician.

Management:
Direct management is excellent, but higher-up management has no idea what actually goes on in the workplace and just keeps imposing pointless new rules and regulations that do nothing but make the job more difficult.

Co-Workers:

Friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. They are always willing to help me out and teach me when there's something I don't know.

Hardest Part of the Job:

The hardest part of the job is learning. The job is a very poor environment to learn in
 - more...
Pros
A lot to learn, a lot of responsibility
Cons
Frustrating management decisions, hard to find time to learn.
a typical day at work consists of supplying the line with product. i have learned how to supply the lines, service the line as well as change overs to other products and bottles. I get positive feedback from management and co-workers. the most enjoyable part of the job is learning something new and changing tasks everyday
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
im a temperary employee