McCormick

McCormick Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews
All about Distribution and getting Points of Interruption. Must Enjoy Driving. There is a lot of Sales Reps in the Marketplace so be prepared for Some rejection. Position does take a while to gel, and there are lots of details to keep up with and maintain in banners
Excellent service and great service..
Honestly and loyalty.

Dedicated and responsible.

Respectful to your residents and co worker.

Good morals characters.

Hard working and always available to give them hands..

Helping each other’s in times of works to be done easy and promptly..

Reporting all the problems mostly health safe of the residents..
Mixing department (feeds entire warehouse) is dirty. Sub-par cleaning and employees who don’t practice proper hygiene. Water is left sitting on the floor with is a bacteria breeding ground. Most washes are done with water alone. Gross build up of ingredients in close proximity to grates where ingredients are added. Bags of spice covered in dust are cut open and dumped into mixes. Whoever eats this product is eating warehouse dust and probably salmonella.
I got stuck on a question and was never able to finish . Tho I did quite well in the work place I fit in and stayed together at the same pace and counted how many rows were needed and bottles and such . I really enjoyed the work attitude of team and positivity. I felt accomplished at the end of the day . And I felt like the bosses and company treated us well . And in a way I felt included even thou I was on a different contract
McCormick is in theory a great place to work but the amount of I don’t care and not my job with little to no help or direction from the management team is concerning. It is a very misogynistic and dayshift oriented company, nobody else matters. The salaries there don’t outweigh what you have to mentally endure on a day to day basis. If McCormick decided to listen to their employees and start to care it could be a great place but they have retrospectively lost their core values.
McCormick is a very nice factory to work in, I was a summer student there and the three months I was there was wonderful I was mostly on the glass line and I hand packed certain spices by hand.
Worst company I’ve worked for, terrible manager, discrimination, no induction plan, bad atmosphere, no ethics and the safety is not their priority. Don’t know how to run a food company
It was a pleasure working in McCormick Canada.
Real second home , Team work, Management is very cooperative and listen to all your concerns.

In my IT career, this is the best job.
Pros
Free Coffee and Tea
Cons
No job Security due to lots of changes on global level
Despite all the structural / management changes in recent years McCormick is still a decent place to work and build career. Hopefully top management recognize the power of people in it's true spirit and keep the company on a steady, stable course for a long term success.
Rewards self-motivated, efficient people who can work in a team environment. Lots of overtime and possible advancement for such individuals. It's honest factory work and worth pursuing if that's what you are looking for, and a friendly family work culture.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at McCormick?
A typical day starts with packing the items at the end of the line, dumping bottles to the line and monitoring the quality of finished goods, reporting to the supervisor if any defects were present.
Company is fun to work for. They have a lot of products to learn about. It takes a while to learn everything you will need to know to complete the daily tasks.
I enjoyed my time working for this company, the work was very tolerable and I learned a lot of new skills. I was also treated with a lot respect by management. In general I enjoyed my time with this company.
Great place to work, I really enjoyed it here over the summer. The staff are kind, helpful and are always there to keep company. The work environment was really fun and I would love to work here again.
Pros
Breakfast, and lunch was always good
Cons
boring, mindless work
The company is good for and co workers are great. However management does not seem to care much about employees.
They love to talk about how great they treat employees, but don't generally show it.
McCormick is a good company to work for and I recommed people to work for this company.
Perks are great.

RRSP contribution from Copmpany.

Work Life Balance.

Comapny has offcies in all over the world with 11, 700 employees

Able to get Hire internally for another position.

The only draw back is not agreat salary.
Pros
Free Coffee and Tea
Cons
Not a great salaries as compared to the current market rate
Fun coworkers and a decent pay. But that's the end of the pros list. No benefits, disgusting (dirty) work environment, terrible management, and continuous threats of termination or being moved elsewhere with less pay. Morally except that their standards of clean for allergens or any product are nearly none existent, just be happy no metal is making it in. Essentially be ok with being smelly and gross every day and have no problems with being stressed and put down all the time.
Pros
Decent pay, fun coworkers
Cons
Demeaning management, no benefits, gross
The environment at McCormick is very fast paced, but provides a good work life balance at the same time. It is a diverse environment which shows appreciation to each employee.
Great place to work. Great benefits, decent pay, bonuses, raises, etc. Activities for the families too! Never had a layoff in the history of the company!
I am grateful for all the opportunities & leadership training McCormick has offered. They expect a lot but will reward with compensation. Opportunities in Canada are declining as company moves to a shared service organization. However, if you do have an opportunity, McCormick will make it worth your while.
My time at McCormicks was really stressful because of the environment. I worked in the plant, where it was super loud, hot, and sometimes the spices in the air would make my skin burn. My discomfort was often brushed off. "My skin is burning." "Yeah, you get used to it."
My fellow employees were nice, the higher up management was nice, but the crew leaders were give or take. I got yelled at a lot by forklift drivers for simple, newcomer mistakes. These things jut built up and I ended up resigning because it was so stressful.
Pros
We got special parties when we reached milestones, like BBQ lunches and employee appreciation moments.
Cons
Some of the people could be toxic and rude towards newcomers, There was lots of distasteful gossip around new workers, The environment was emotionally draining