McCluskey Transportation
Information from McCluskey Transportation:

McCluskey Transportation Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Featured review
McCluskey Transportation selected this as a representative review
McCluskey transportation is a great company to work for. It does not matter if the company was bought the management is still the same. They treat the drivers with respect. They are the number one paid company in Toronto. 2019-2020 school season I have seen new drivers come in. This company is growing fast. Great respect from a great company
Hello,

Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to write this review.
This is just not the same company after it was sold to a company from out west. They do not know to operate or treat people in Ontario. Everyone always hears, “We need to contact head office” which is in Alberta and takes days. I am not coming back.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
McCluskey Transportation provides an essential service to the communities we operate in. There have been many changes in the past year, but they are working hard to grow and evolve the company in a way that will benefit employees and the people we serve.
Hello,

Management has been great to deal with as they will work for their staff and hear them out. The workplace culture has been pleasant as well and from what I hear from others they enjoy working at McCluskey because of the welcoming environment and time they put into their training programs.
Hello,

New managmeent really turned this place around. They train well, the culture is great, you really feel like a part of the family! If you're considering a driving job, you'll definely feel at home here. Hours are flexible, which is great because it give me the time I need to spend with my family.
Hello,

New management is awesome! Glad to be a part of this great company. Driving kids to and from school is very rewarding and the hours are flexible. I would recommend working for Mccluskey
Hello,

The team lives the core values day in and out. Great company that cares about its employees and the students we transport. Busy environment but I have found co-workers always happy to lend a hand. Same team as before we became a part of PWT.
Hello,

Great fast paced environment where i can connect with parents, schools and drivers. Everyone's goal is to look out for the students safety. The office staff is very helpful.

I love being a part in the lives of the children, and making a difference in their lives. I find this very rewarding.
Hello,

I am from a temp agency and during my time at McCluskey i have had the privilege to work with a nice group of People. This office is very busy on a daily bases. I noticed that the Students safety is the Companies first priority.I rated a 3 star for Salary and Job security because i am not an employee with the Company. I would love to be part of this team.
Hello,

The culture in this company is great, one of the best I have ever seen.Management is supportive, hands on training and genuinely want to see you succeed in your role.
Hello,

The company is so disorganized this year as a result of addition of new business that is too much to take on for company. It has created chaos in office and for drivers which does not make nice work conditions. I am not very happy here. Not a good company now.
Hello,

McCluskey Transportation recently became part of a Canadian and family-owned business that was established in 1957 and is Canada’s largest privately-held people transportation company. We have the proven experience and expertise to manage large growth and are always accepting applications from people who are interested in joining our growing team.

We are currently offering a significant hiring bonus for drivers who come to us with a Class B license, and have a variety of other incentives, including a referral bonus.

We are very sorry to hear you’ve sensed a change in the culture at McCluskey Transportation. When the business was acquired it was very important to us that the family feel and welcoming atmosphere was kept intact. To help maintain this we retained existing staff and the business name, and introduced our 10 Core Values: Safety, Customer Service, Resourcefulness, Integrity, Positive Attitude, Teamwork, Loyalty, Accountability, Respect, and Dedication.

With that being said, please utilize our open door policy and speak with your supervisor so that your concerns can be addressed appropriately.

Thank you!
With all the changes that happening at the bus company it is hard to get answers from people. Routes are not good this year and make me feel unsafe driving because I no get answers to make change to my route. I not feeling like people have enough time to make good job like before. Then I hear about bonus for NEW employees but not for others. That is not good to treat new peoples better.
Pros
I like work with students
Cons
Not enough time for staff to make routes safe
Hello,

When a route change request is brought to our attention we immediately work with the appropriate school board to address it. We do everything we can to best represent the driver's feedback; however, it’s ultimately up to the board to decide whether a route change is warranted.

Safety is our first Core Value and is at the heart of all we do. Please utilize our open door policy and speak with your supervisor so that your concern can be addressed appropriately.

Thank you!
This has been a tough here to work at the company because there was a lot on ew business but no drivers hired to drive these. The management needs to be better and not taking on more than chew. It is to stress filled here now.
Pros
Coworkers drivers
Cons
This year is a disaster
Hello,

We are very sorry to hear you’ve sensed a change in the culture at McCluskey Transportation. When the business was acquired it was very important to us, the new owners, that the family feel and welcoming atmosphere was kept intact. To help maintain this we retained existing staff and the business name, and introduced our 10 Core Values: Safety, Customer Service, Resourcefulness, Integrity, Positive Attitude, Teamwork, Loyalty, Accountability, Respect, and Dedication.

McCluskey Transportation is always open to meeting potential candidates who are interested in driving with us. We are sure you can attest to how you and your fellow school bus drivers are a very important part of the community. School bus drivers contribute to the success of the children they transport by getting them to and from school, Safely Home, each and every day.

Thank you!
The company is in a bad state right now. The new management is not experienced enough to handle the growth at this company. I hate to see this great family company fall apart. I need to get somewhere where it is better to work.
Pros
Was the best company before
Cons
New management
Hello,

We are a Canadian and family-owned business that was established in 1957; we have grown to become Canada's largest privately-owned people transportation company. Our Core Values (listed above) are a set of principles that define us as an organization, guiding every action and decision made by our people, informing and supporting everything we do. With that being said, we would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your concerns with the enhanced company culture at McCluskey Transportation. Please utilize our open door policy and speak with your supervisor so that your concerns can be addressed appropriately.

Thank you!
The company was bought this year and there have been changes. Key people have left and drivers are leaving. When will they understand things are not good here. I am a senior driver but am looking to leave.
Pros
Not fun anymore
Cons
New management
Hello,

We are a Canadian and family-owned business that was established in 1957. Our Core Values (listed above) are a set of principles that define us as an organization, guiding every action and decision made by our people, informing and supporting everything we do. With that being said, we would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your concerns with the enhanced company culture at McCluskey Transportation. Please utilize our open door policy and speak with your supervisor so that your concerns can be addressed appropriately.

Thank you!
I just heard about this job board as I need to make a change from here. This was such a great place and the owner cared about his employees. Not anymore with the sale of the company. I just read the other reviews and I totally agree that something is wrong now with the management.
Pros
Used to be great place
Cons
New management

Thank you!
I have worked for the company for the past few years and things are really bad lately. The company was sold and the new management who run things at the top do not care about drivers anymore. I just want to write this to let others know this is not the same company.

Thank you!
Ever since the company has been bought out there is a downward slide of the company. Management is focused solely on profit and no one cares about the employees anymore. This is NOT the SAME GREAT place to work that it was.
Pros
Used to be great
Cons
dont get proper pay
Hello,

We are a Canadian and family-owned business that was established in 1957. Our Core Values (listed above) are a set of principles that define us as an organization, guiding every action and decision made by our people, informing and supporting everything we do. With that being said, we would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your concerns with the enhanced company culture and compensation at McCluskey Transportation. Please utilize our open door policy and speak with your supervisor so that your concerns can be addressed appropriately.

Thank you!
Why do you have some lates in Toronto this year. This company has really went in a bad direction the last year. You need to bring back the former management. Looking for new job.
Pros
used to be a great place with old boss
Cons
new company running us now

Thank you!
The company has went downhill fast after being acquired by a larger corporation. The family atmosphere and feeling are gone. This is not the same place and will not be back in Sept. looking for a new job.
19 August 2019
Hello,

We are very sorry to hear you’ve sensed a change in the culture at McCluskey Transportation. When the business was acquired it was very important to us, the new owners, that the family feel and welcoming atmosphere was kept intact. A few ways in which we strived to maintain this was by retaining existing staff and the business name, and introducing our 10 Core Values: Safety, Customer Service, Resourcefulness, Integrity, Positive Attitude, Teamwork, Loyalty, Accountability, Respect, and Dedication.

We are a Canadian and family-owned business that was established in 1957. Our Core Values (listed above) are a set of principles that define us as an organization, guiding every action and decision made by our people, informing and supporting everything we do. With that being said, we would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your concerns with the enhanced company culture at McCluskey Transportation. Please reach out to Chris McCluskey, who is still the general manager of the business, so that your concerns can be addressed appropriately.

Thank you!
Great people and company, not enough pay, no incentive to maintain bus, longer hours for less pay. Was a family owned business, recently bought out by a bigger company and maybe the culture is different now, but it's ok to work there. Just be prepared to be maintaining the bus on your own time without pay.
Hello,

When the business was acquired it was very important to us, the new owners, that the family feel and welcoming atmosphere was kept intact. If you sense a change in this please utilize our open door policy and speak with your supervisor regarding any concerns you may have.

Our wages are highly competitive, and drivers are compensated for maintaining their bus and all hours worked. If you would like an explanation as to how the compensation structure works please speak with your supervisor.

Thank you!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCluskey Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8