McCluskey Transportation Employee Reviews

Bring back the old management style
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2019
The company was bought this year and there have been changes. Key people have left and drivers are leaving. When will they understand things are not good here. I am a senior driver but am looking to leave.
Pros
Not fun anymore
Cons
New management
Wow - what a fall from grace
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2019
I just heard about this job board as I need to make a change from here. This was such a great place and the owner cared about his employees. Not anymore with the sale of the company. I just read the other reviews and I totally agree that something is wrong now with the management.
Pros
Used to be great place
Cons
New management
Looking for new job
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2019
I have worked for the company for the past few years and things are really bad lately. The company was sold and the new management who run things at the top do not care about drivers anymore. I just want to write this to let others know this is not the same company.
Not the same
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2019
Ever since the company has been bought out there is a downward slide of the company. Management is focused solely on profit and no one cares about the employees anymore. This is NOT the SAME GREAT place to work that it was.
Pros
Used to be great
Cons
dont get proper pay
What is going on with the company
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2019
Why do you have some lates in Toronto this year. This company has really went in a bad direction the last year. You need to bring back the former management. Looking for new job.
Pros
used to be a great place with old boss
Cons
new company running us now
Downhill Fast
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2019
The company has went downhill fast after being acquired by a larger corporation. The family atmosphere and feeling are gone. This is not the same place and will not be back in Sept. looking for a new job.
Official response from McCluskey Transportation
19 August 2019

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear you’ve sensed a change in the culture at McCluskey Transportation. When the business was acquired it was very important to us, the new owners, that the family feel and welcoming atmosphere was kept intact. A few ways in which we strived to maintain this was by retaining existing staff and the business name, and introducing our 10 Core Values: Safety, Customer Service, Resourcefulness, Integrity, Positive Attitude, Teamwork, Loyalty, Accountability, Respect, and Dedication.

We are a Canadian and family-owned business that was established in 1957. Our Core Values (listed above) are a set of principles that define us as an organization, guiding every action and decision made by our people, informing and supporting everything we do. With that being said, we would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your concerns with the enhanced company culture at McCluskey Transportation. Please reach out to Chris McCluskey, who is still the general manager of the business, so that your concerns can be addressed appropriately.

Thank you!

I don't understand what you want me to write
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2019
Great people and company, not enough pay, no incentive to maintain bus, longer hours for less pay. Was a family owned business, recently bought out by a bigger company and maybe the culture is different now, but it's ok to work there. Just be prepared to be maintaining the bus on your own time without pay.
McCluskey Transportation Ltd. (Toronto)
Driver, mid-size school bus (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2016
The best management team/bosses I have ever had in all my 20+ years in the workforce. I choose this company over others that pay better because the bosses are just that good. They deal in a non-compromisingly fair way to each and every employee. Accommodating beyond what is reasonable at times and always at the ready to listen to any driver concerns.
Great Work Environment
BUS DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2013
The Mccluskey corporation has given me the opportunity to give back to the community by hiring me as one of their drivers. My supervisors treated me with respect and the kids I met and interacted with were a great pleasure. I am currently pursuing new employment that can accommodate my availability as a full-time driver.
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
Short Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCluskey Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2