McCloskey International Ltd.

McCloskey International Ltd. Employee Reviews in Peterborough, ON

i worked here for a year, got along with my peers and didnt mind the work i was doing in the assembly line. there are a lot of guys who have worked there for years and are stuck in old ways, trying to make a difference in that sense was useless. management could be a lot more interactive with employees but they are alright
Pros
summer and winter breaks
Cons
unorganized
Can get stressful at times but overall good place to work lot of good people that work there the office staff seems to have know what they're doing and overall is good place to work
Sold to a public company no one knows how long they have a job for no communication lack of management benefits were good and weekend off and holidays
Management needs to be more approachable. Good place to work, good salary, great benefits, great vacation 3 weeks per year. Need to supply workers outside with more gear
Pros
half day on fridays
Cons
working outside
What can I say, no professionalism? you cannot trust anyone, not even HR. People are too comfortable and have no idea what the real world is like corporately. The company is run like its still the late 90s early 2000s. Save yourself
Worst place to work ever, if you actually want to succeed. Management doesn't have a clue what they are doing, no experience in charge of experienced.
No room to grow anywhere. There are no set increases in wage or any job security at all. No appreciation. The best thing to do would be get in and get out. Only work here if you have too.
Pros
Are you OK are you OK going on your own or you want me to come in next
This place is my jam! I'm gonna find me an Irish man to wife me up in this joint. My only complaint is that it's hot as balls and everyone has to wear pants all summer..that's rotten dot cotton.
Not a good company to work for. People come and go monthly. They hire and fire right before the 3 month probationary period is up. Have to get lucky and be put into a good section with a decent supervisor. Treated very poorly.
Pros
None.
Cons
Poor management, no AC, treated poorly.
Working at McCloskey international has been a good learning experience but in the fabrication department, the air quality is not great, health and safety is neglected, and the lighting is not good. Also it is easy to get let go and they may move you to a different department, line, or area with little to no notice.It is a good job for people that are right out of school and is a stepping stone to furthering your welding career but not a great place to make a career.
My time at Mccloskey International was alot of fun however I was unaware of how fast past the atmosphere was. It is managed by a great man with a positive attitude and I would recommend Mccloskey on a career level as well as they treat their customers very well.
I loved working here! I learnt alot and I was never bored. The people I worked with are great and they cared about all of us guys individually. There is alot of work to be done, so if you like keeping busy you will love working here.
Pros
Good pay, Christmas bonus, lots of overtime
I loved working at McCloskeys. I was always busy, which made the days fly by. My supervisor was great and so were the guys I worked with. If your not willing to work hard, this is not the company for you. But if you are a hard worker, there is alot of opportunity for you at McCloskey.
Pros
Great people, Christmas bonus, satisfying work
- Engineers refuse to make changes to parts that don't work - ZERO document control, fabrication producing 3 revision old parts after over a year - Plant reaches over 44 degrees regularly in the summer - Very high turnover rate
Pros
It's a job.
My direct manager and coworkers were good people. Learned a good bit about machine design from my manager. Low pay, and terrible culture. The immigrant Irish workers seem to be the only ones who advance.
Pros
Quarterly BBQs
Cons
Bad culture
This job was very good, I had complete freedom to decide how I would get my tasks done and I loved that. The pay was good and the only reason i left was to go back to school
Little advancement for women in the industrial side of things. Women will not be hired to work in shop. Fun place to be and does give bonuses and benefits. Puts on big lunches three to four times a year. Bonus at Christmas as well
Pros
Modern facility, great lunch room, Company functions and lunches
Cons
Some issues at time with office politics
afternoon shift morning shift was a night shift but now just morning and afternoons keep busy witch makes the day go by fast
Pros
ice cream in the heat pizza days
Cons
good hours some over time
same shifts every week, off early friday's. the management is not very good. most the workers are good people. the job was physically demanding. however the work was enjoyable.
Pros
off early on fridays
Cons
the management
Management of different areas all work against each other instead of with each other making things run slowly. Hostile work environment with cliques, especially in my area. If you didn't make fun of everyone that the boss wasn't "friends" with you were basically an outcast.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, didn't care about their employees
Everyday was different in this workplace. I enjoyed the variety of work I had no day was the same. Moving from Ireland to work in Canada was an ambition I fulfilled and gaining experience with an international company was a bonus. The most enjoyable part of my job was speaking to dealers across the world and meeting their needs and requirements with ease.
Pros
Free rent for the first three months.
Cons
Unpaid extra time.