McCloskey International Ltd.

McCloskey International Ltd. Employee Reviews in Keene, ON

My 9 years at McCloskey were alright. I’ve seen alot of people come and go. I’ve seen many people quit before first break on their first day. Some people can handle the work some can’t. I really don’t understand why someone on here thinks a welding shop would have AC haha the air quality is cloudy just like every welding shop out there so again crying over nothing, at least they have fume extractors in every area how many companies in Ontario can say that. It is a good place to work they do not keep slackers so if you get in and work hard and be proficient you will do well. Management is ok not perfect work hard and you’ll have a job just like anywhere else haha I would go back if they’re going to hire welders again
Pros
Early Friday, decent pay overtime, Christmas bonus, 4 weeks off every year
Ran hydraulic lines here for almost 10 years, on the screener line. I love the people who I left behind there from co workers to management right up to inside the office. People say this place has a high turn over rate, but these people who are hired and fired usually aren't to sure how to put a days work in. Would recommend this place to anyone in the area looking for work.
Company paid well, but initially you were just a number. No care for safety or personal issues. I was harassed right out the door by a manager after 7+ years, HR didn’t do anything to help. Steer clear!
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Everything else
A bit of a Wild West atmosphere and very 'clique' based, when it comes to management (for the most part, they are really great). If you're a hard worker, you can do really well for yourself there, as I did. However, the second you even slightly cross the 'wrong' person, they will not hesitate to toss you out without cause or any sort of dialogue/warning system. ("Cross" could be not getting along with someone, trying to make a positive change that differs from the way they're used to, even standing out too much/out-performing someone else, etc) Aside from that, it's a really great place to work. Decent wages, depending on your position. The workers are great and I made a lot of good friends/connections there. Long days Mon-Thurs and short Fridays. Honestly, aside from seeing/hearing horror stories of some pretty good workers/people getting let go for very childish and sudden reasons, if any at all, it's easily one of the best places I've worked at and would go back, instantly - if there was a bit more job security.
Pros
Decent wages, short work week.
Cons
Clique based management, zero job security.
Would look elsewhere and not waste your time with them. I suggested programming the machines with another program. I worked at another company that was doing work for them using the exact program I suggested. Duh...why send off the work when you have the machines capable of doing the parts. Really dumb mentality there I guess and not open to suggestions. There was machines just sitting idle and people standing around not doing much at all. Keep outsourcing your work McCloskey LOL
Pros
nothing
Cons
not open to suggestions for improvement
I have been working here for about 1/2 a year and I have learned so much! My supervisor is great and he doesnt mind taking extra time to make sure everyone understands what to do. I started at $18/ hour which was way more then lots of places in the area were offering.
Pros
starting pay, my supervisor, overtime pay
really like working here. the equipment is pretty cool to work with. the shop is very clean and health and safety is good. i like working with everyone to get the job done.
Pros
100% benefits, organized shop, good pay for the area, lots of overtime
Great place to work. Friendly staff, great facilities, great people and busy environment to keep all parties busy at all times Always some new tasks to be completed.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
I have a wonderful experienced in almost two years working in the company and meet an amazing people especially at night shift. I learned a lot and mold me to be a better person.
The worst company I've ever worked for. Communication is non-existent. It is run by an clique consisting of 4-5 people in a 500 people company, where even if you show enthusiasm and drive, they will pummel you down and make sure you know you're inferior to them. Everyone is pretty much scared to speak their mind because they can be fired the next day if someone important disagrees with them. They fire people on the go, no job security whatsoever. They don't accommodate you in any sort of way. People are required to work on Saturdays on top of the 44 hour work weeks. There is no sense of work/life balance whatsoever. Hours are 7-430, and many come in at 6am. so in a way you're expected to as well. I would recommend this company only if you're really really desperate.
Pros
You have a job.
Cons
Everything else, literally.
at Mcloskey's everyone is very willing to help one another out! great work environment, health and safety is taken very seriously which is always a good thing!