McCloskey International Ltd. Employee Reviews

Great place of employment
Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 March 2018
My time at Mccloskey International was alot of fun however I was unaware of how fast past the atmosphere was. It is managed by a great man with a positive attitude and I would recommend Mccloskey on a career level as well as they treat their customers very well.
Great opportunity
Assem (Current Employee) –  Keen1 March 2018
Benefits are very strong and competitive within the industry. Great peer work program I experienced on my first week. Pay was good very clean manufacturing facility and the owner truly cares about his people. Culture has changed here from what I heard supervisors are always willing to help and production is busy.
Pros
Clean work enviroment with good benefits and pay
Cons
parking is a challenge
Not a friendly work enviornment
Welder (Former Employee) –  1 mccloskey road20 February 2018
Mccloskeys is not a good choice for anyone. The work environment is garbage. Even if your not welding there is a constant thick smoke in the air that you breath all day. Co workers are miserable, and often times not very helpful. If your in desperate need for money it's Ok, but not worth making any sort of career out of.
Pros
Paychecks
Cons
Your mental and physical health
good job
Welder (Current Employee) –  Keene, ON8 February 2018
really like working here. the equipment is pretty cool to work with. the shop is very clean and health and safety is good. i like working with everyone to get the job done.
Pros
100% benefits, organized shop, good pay for the area, lots of overtime
Great workplace!
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 January 2018
I loved working here! I learnt alot and I was never bored. The people I worked with are great and they cared about all of us guys individually. There is alot of work to be done, so if you like keeping busy you will love working here.
Pros
Good pay, Christmas bonus, lots of overtime
Great Employer if you are a hard worker
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 January 2018
I loved working at McCloskeys. I was always busy, which made the days fly by. My supervisor was great and so were the guys I worked with. If your not willing to work hard, this is not the company for you. But if you are a hard worker, there is alot of opportunity for you at McCloskey.
Pros
Great people, Christmas bonus, satisfying work
Not bad, for Peterborough
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 December 2017
- Engineers refuse to make changes to parts that don't work
- ZERO document control, fabrication producing 3 revision old parts after over a year
- Plant reaches over 44 degrees regularly in the summer
- Very high turnover rate
Pros
It's a job.
Looks better from the outside
Mechanical Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 October 2017
My direct manager and coworkers were good people. Learned a good bit about machine design from my manager.

Low pay, and terrible culture. The immigrant Irish workers seem to be the only ones who advance.
Pros
Quarterly BBQs
Cons
Bad culture
Fun workplace
MIG WELDER (Former Employee) –  Keene, ON23 October 2017
I have a wonderful experienced in almost two years working in the company and meet an amazing people especially at night shift. I learned a lot and mold me to be a better person.
Best job I ever had
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 September 2017
This job was very good, I had complete freedom to decide how I would get my tasks done and I loved that. The pay was good and the only reason i left was to go back to school
Up to date workplace professionally run, but women are under appreciated
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 April 2017
Little advancement for women in the industrial side of things. Women will not be hired to work in shop. Fun place to be and does give bonuses and benefits. Puts on big lunches three to four times a year. Bonus at Christmas as well
Pros
Modern facility, great lunch room, Company functions and lunches
Cons
Some issues at time with office politics
Poor management, with an even dismal job security
Junior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Keene, ON16 May 2016
The worst company I've ever worked for. Communication is non-existent. It is run by an clique consisting of 4-5 people in a 500 people company, where even if you show enthusiasm and drive, they will pummel you down and make sure you know you're inferior to them. Everyone is pretty much scared to speak their mind because they can be fired the next day if someone important disagrees with them.

They fire people on the go, no job security whatsoever. They don't accommodate you in any sort of way. People are required to work on Saturdays on top of the 44 hour work weeks.
There is no sense of work/life balance whatsoever. Hours are 7-430, and many come in at 6am. so in a way you're expected to as well.

I would recommend this company only if you're really really desperate.
Pros
You have a job.
Cons
Everything else, literally.
welcoming workplace kind of
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Keene, ON15 December 2015
at Mcloskey's everyone is very willing to help one another out! great work environment, health and safety is taken very seriously which is always a good thing!
productive good place for experence
sandblaster, painter, Brick and Stone Mason (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 May 2015
afternoon shift morning shift was a night shift but now just morning and afternoons keep busy witch makes the day go by fast
Pros
ice cream in the heat pizza days
Cons
good hours some over time
The worst
Painter (Former Employee) –  PTBO11 November 2014
worse place to work..on Earth TREATED VERY POORLY NOT WHAT YOU KNOW....ITS WHO YOU KNOW
steady work, not a bad job
Crusher Assembler (Former Employee) –  peterborough on3 November 2014
same shifts every week, off early friday's. the management is not very good. most the workers are good people. the job was physically demanding. however the work was enjoyable.
Pros
off early on fridays
Cons
the management
Enjoyed the work but nothing else about the place.
Crusher Assembler (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON6 March 2014
Management of different areas all work against each other instead of with each other making things run slowly.

Hostile work environment with cliques, especially in my area. If you didn't make fun of everyone that the boss wasn't "friends" with you were basically an outcast.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, didn't care about their employees
Busy environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Ontario5 February 2014
Everyday was different in this workplace. I enjoyed the variety of work I had no day was the same. Moving from Ireland to work in Canada was an ambition I fulfilled and gaining experience with an international company was a bonus.
The most enjoyable part of my job was speaking to dealers across the world and meeting their needs and requirements with ease.
Pros
Free rent for the first three months.
Cons
Unpaid extra time.
work hard
Draftsman (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 June 2013
start the day working hard with team to complete production and get machines built
Not worth the time
Welder (Former Employee) –  Peterborough ony6 March 2013
It cost me money to work there! Went for orientation and was given a list of tools required for the job. After spending over a grand and working for one week, they laid off a bunch of us welders. Then paid 2$ an hour less than what I was told at the interview. Pure BS. STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU'RE DESPERATE!
Cons
the whole thing is a con.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCloskey International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

McCloskey International Ltd. Reviews by Location