McCloskey International Ltd. Employee Reviews

No advancement no increases
quality auditor/painter/assembly/sandblaster (Current Employee) –  Peterborough11 June 2019
No room to grow anywhere. There are no set increases in wage or any job security at all. No appreciation. The best thing to do would be get in and get out. Only work here if you have too.
Pros
Are you OK are you OK going on your own or you want me to come in next
Love it!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 June 2019
This place is my jam!
I'm gonna find me an Irish man to wife me up in this joint.
My only complaint is that it's hot as balls and everyone has to wear pants all summer..that's rotten dot cotton.
Not bad if you’re a hard worker with no life
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Keene, ON7 June 2019
Management is really poor, and at times there is no work life balance... it’s about what you’re doing and not what you’ve done! You are Just a number in this place but it pays above average, and the Xmas bonuses are amazing.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Horrible and childish management
Not a good place to work.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON15 April 2019
Not a good company to work for. People come and go monthly. They hire and fire right before the 3 month probationary period is up. Have to get lucky and be put into a good section with a decent supervisor. Treated very poorly.
Pros
None.
Cons
Poor management, no AC, treated poorly.
It's a job
welder/fitter (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 January 2019
Working at McCloskey international has been a good learning experience but in the fabrication department, the air quality is not great, health and safety is neglected, and the lighting is not good. Also it is easy to get let go and they may move you to a different department, line, or area with little to no notice.It is a good job for people that are right out of school and is a stepping stone to furthering your welding career but not a great place to make a career.
Don't waste your time
CNC Programmer (Former Employee) –  Keene, ON21 January 2019
Would look elsewhere and not waste your time with them. I suggested programming the machines with another program. I worked at another company that was doing work for them using the exact program I suggested. Duh...why send off the work when you have the machines capable of doing the parts. Really dumb mentality there I guess and not open to suggestions. There was machines just sitting idle and people standing around not doing much at all. Keep outsourcing your work McCloskey LOL
Pros
nothing
Cons
not open to suggestions for improvement
Great Job!!
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Keene, ON22 May 2018
I have been working here for about 1/2 a year and I have learned so much! My supervisor is great and he doesnt mind taking extra time to make sure everyone understands what to do. I started at $18/ hour which was way more then lots of places in the area were offering.
Pros
starting pay, my supervisor, overtime pay
Great place of employment
Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 March 2018
My time at Mccloskey International was alot of fun however I was unaware of how fast past the atmosphere was. It is managed by a great man with a positive attitude and I would recommend Mccloskey on a career level as well as they treat their customers very well.
Not a friendly work enviornment
Welder (Former Employee) –  1 mccloskey road20 February 2018
Mccloskeys is not a good choice for anyone. The work environment is garbage. Even if your not welding there is a constant thick smoke in the air that you breath all day. Co workers are miserable, and often times not very helpful. If your in desperate need for money it's Ok, but not worth making any sort of career out of.
Pros
Paychecks
Cons
Your mental and physical health
good job
Welder (Current Employee) –  Keene, ON8 February 2018
really like working here. the equipment is pretty cool to work with. the shop is very clean and health and safety is good. i like working with everyone to get the job done.
Pros
100% benefits, organized shop, good pay for the area, lots of overtime
Great workplace!
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 January 2018
I loved working here! I learnt alot and I was never bored. The people I worked with are great and they cared about all of us guys individually. There is alot of work to be done, so if you like keeping busy you will love working here.
Pros
Good pay, Christmas bonus, lots of overtime
Great Employer if you are a hard worker
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 January 2018
I loved working at McCloskeys. I was always busy, which made the days fly by. My supervisor was great and so were the guys I worked with. If your not willing to work hard, this is not the company for you. But if you are a hard worker, there is alot of opportunity for you at McCloskey.
Pros
Great people, Christmas bonus, satisfying work
Production and Capacity Planner (Former Employee) –  Keene, ON4 January 2018
Great place to work. Friendly staff, great facilities, great people and busy environment to keep all parties busy at all times Always some new tasks to be completed.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Not bad, for Peterborough
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 December 2017
- Engineers refuse to make changes to parts that don't work
- ZERO document control, fabrication producing 3 revision old parts after over a year
- Plant reaches over 44 degrees regularly in the summer
- Very high turnover rate
Pros
It's a job.
Looks better from the outside
Mechanical Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 October 2017
My direct manager and coworkers were good people. Learned a good bit about machine design from my manager.

Low pay, and terrible culture. The immigrant Irish workers seem to be the only ones who advance.
Pros
Quarterly BBQs
Cons
Bad culture
Fun workplace
MIG WELDER (Former Employee) –  Keene, ON23 October 2017
I have a wonderful experienced in almost two years working in the company and meet an amazing people especially at night shift. I learned a lot and mold me to be a better person.
Best job I ever had
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 September 2017
This job was very good, I had complete freedom to decide how I would get my tasks done and I loved that. The pay was good and the only reason i left was to go back to school
Up to date workplace professionally run, but women are under appreciated
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 April 2017
Little advancement for women in the industrial side of things. Women will not be hired to work in shop. Fun place to be and does give bonuses and benefits. Puts on big lunches three to four times a year. Bonus at Christmas as well
Pros
Modern facility, great lunch room, Company functions and lunches
Cons
Some issues at time with office politics
Poor management, with an even dismal job security
Junior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Keene, ON16 May 2016
The worst company I've ever worked for. Communication is non-existent. It is run by an clique consisting of 4-5 people in a 500 people company, where even if you show enthusiasm and drive, they will pummel you down and make sure you know you're inferior to them. Everyone is pretty much scared to speak their mind because they can be fired the next day if someone important disagrees with them.

They fire people on the go, no job security whatsoever. They don't accommodate you in any sort of way. People are required to work on Saturdays on top of the 44 hour work weeks.
There is no sense of work/life balance whatsoever. Hours are 7-430, and many come in at 6am. so in a way you're expected to as well.

I would recommend this company only if you're really really desperate.
Pros
You have a job.
Cons
Everything else, literally.
welcoming workplace kind of
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Keene, ON15 December 2015
at Mcloskey's everyone is very willing to help one another out! great work environment, health and safety is taken very seriously which is always a good thing!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCloskey International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

McCloskey International Ltd. Reviews by Location