McCloskey International Ltd.

McCloskey International Ltd. Employee Reviews

Company paid well, but initially you were just a number. No care for safety or personal issues. I was harassed right out the door by a manager after 7+ years, HR didn’t do anything to help. Steer clear!
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Everything else
Ran hydraulic lines here for almost 10 years, on the screener line. I love the people who I left behind there from co workers to management right up to inside the office. People say this place has a high turn over rate, but these people who are hired and fired usually aren't to sure how to put a days work in. Would recommend this place to anyone in the area looking for work.
Not a nice place to work. Some racist people work here. Worked hard for 7 years and 7 years after 70 cents of rate increase. What a joke. There is no carrier advancement whatsoever. Don't waste your time working here.
Pros
Group insurance
Cons
not a good place to work
Can get stressful at times but overall good place to work lot of good people that work there the office staff seems to have know what they're doing and overall is good place to work
Sold to a public company no one knows how long they have a job for no communication lack of management benefits were good and weekend off and holidays
Management needs to be more approachable. Good place to work, good salary, great benefits, great vacation 3 weeks per year. Need to supply workers outside with more gear
Pros
half day on fridays
Cons
working outside
What can I say, no professionalism? you cannot trust anyone, not even HR. People are too comfortable and have no idea what the real world is like corporately. The company is run like its still the late 90s early 2000s. Save yourself
Worst place to work ever, if you actually want to succeed. Management doesn't have a clue what they are doing, no experience in charge of experienced.
No room to grow anywhere. There are no set increases in wage or any job security at all. No appreciation. The best thing to do would be get in and get out. Only work here if you have too.
Pros
Are you OK are you OK going on your own or you want me to come in next
This place is my jam! I'm gonna find me an Irish man to wife me up in this joint. My only complaint is that it's hot as balls and everyone has to wear pants all summer..that's rotten dot cotton.
Not a good company to work for. People come and go monthly. They hire and fire right before the 3 month probationary period is up. Have to get lucky and be put into a good section with a decent supervisor. Treated very poorly.
Pros
None.
Cons
Poor management, no AC, treated poorly.
A bit of a Wild West atmosphere and very 'clique' based, when it comes to management (for the most part, they are really great). If you're a hard worker, you can do really well for yourself there, as I did. However, the second you even slightly cross the 'wrong' person, they will not hesitate to toss you out without cause or any sort of dialogue/warning system. ("Cross" could be not getting along with someone, trying to make a positive change that differs from the way they're used to, even standing out too much/out-performing someone else, etc) Aside from that, it's a really great place to work. Decent wages, depending on your position. The workers are great and I made a lot of good friends/connections there. Long days Mon-Thurs and short Fridays. Honestly, aside from seeing/hearing horror stories of some pretty good workers/people getting let go for very childish and sudden reasons, if any at all, it's easily one of the best places I've worked at and would go back, instantly - if there was a bit more job security.
Pros
Decent wages, short work week.
Cons
Clique based management, zero job security.
Working at McCloskey international has been a good learning experience but in the fabrication department, the air quality is not great, health and safety is neglected, and the lighting is not good. Also it is easy to get let go and they may move you to a different department, line, or area with little to no notice.It is a good job for people that are right out of school and is a stepping stone to furthering your welding career but not a great place to make a career.
Would look elsewhere and not waste your time with them. I suggested programming the machines with another program. I worked at another company that was doing work for them using the exact program I suggested. Duh...why send off the work when you have the machines capable of doing the parts. Really dumb mentality there I guess and not open to suggestions. There was machines just sitting idle and people standing around not doing much at all. Keep outsourcing your work McCloskey LOL
Pros
nothing
Cons
not open to suggestions for improvement
I have been working here for about 1/2 a year and I have learned so much! My supervisor is great and he doesnt mind taking extra time to make sure everyone understands what to do. I started at $18/ hour which was way more then lots of places in the area were offering.
Pros
starting pay, my supervisor, overtime pay
My time at Mccloskey International was alot of fun however I was unaware of how fast past the atmosphere was. It is managed by a great man with a positive attitude and I would recommend Mccloskey on a career level as well as they treat their customers very well.
Mccloskeys is not a good choice for anyone. The work environment is garbage. Even if your not welding there is a constant thick smoke in the air that you breath all day. Co workers are miserable, and often times not very helpful. If your in desperate need for money it's Ok, but not worth making any sort of career out of.
Pros
Paychecks
Cons
Your mental and physical health
really like working here. the equipment is pretty cool to work with. the shop is very clean and health and safety is good. i like working with everyone to get the job done.
Pros
100% benefits, organized shop, good pay for the area, lots of overtime
I loved working here! I learnt alot and I was never bored. The people I worked with are great and they cared about all of us guys individually. There is alot of work to be done, so if you like keeping busy you will love working here.
Pros
Good pay, Christmas bonus, lots of overtime
I loved working at McCloskeys. I was always busy, which made the days fly by. My supervisor was great and so were the guys I worked with. If your not willing to work hard, this is not the company for you. But if you are a hard worker, there is alot of opportunity for you at McCloskey.
Pros
Great people, Christmas bonus, satisfying work
Great place to work. Friendly staff, great facilities, great people and busy environment to keep all parties busy at all times Always some new tasks to be completed.
Pros
Great atmosphere